Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2014, 17:00   #181
BHPian

re: Sygic India GPS Navigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
I am also facing same problem. Tried it on two devices I have.

Also, I purchased "Sygic & MapmyIndia: GPS" in September, 2012 for GBP 15.79 (INR 1468.59) even then I am not able to use it.
I could successfully register my app.

Follow these steps:

Login to Sygic from a PC.
Click om My Orders>Detail
Here you should be able to see your 16 Digit Product code.
Note it down.
Logout.

IMPORTANT

Uninstall existing version of Sygic.
Delete any residual files/directory. Alternatively, you can use Clean Master app to neatly complete this.

Open Google Play Store, search for “Sygic”and select Sygic: GPS Navigation & Maps, afterwards select “INSTALL”

After installation is completed, please open the application and let the necessary resource files download. You will be asked to start trial version or to activate using the product code, when the download is complete, as shown in the pictures below:

Sygic India GPS Navigation-screenshot_20140312120446.png

Select "Activate/Restore" you will be re-directed, and will need to select "Activate product code" option and insert your product code in format: "XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX".

Once successfully activated, you will be taken to My Sygic menu. From that menu, you can select desired region and download the maps, start to navigate when completed.

In case this doesn't work, reset your phone and do a fresh installation.
Old 22nd August 2014, 10:39   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVento View Post

Follow these steps:
Hi. Thanks.

After logging-in, I see this:
Quote:
My orders
Order ID Status Price Action
241541 COMPLETED 0.00 € detail
And nothing if I click on "detail".

BTW, I got this mail from google play when I bought it.
Quote:
Thank you.
You've made a purchase from Sygic Ltd on Google Play.

Order number:
13793400467xxxxx

Order date: 13 Sep, 2012 5:45 PM IST
Payment method: VISA xxx-3002
Item Price
Sygic & MapmyIndia: GPS UKŁ 15.79
Tax: UKŁ 0.00
Total: UKŁ 15.79
"16 Digit Order number: 13793400467xxxxx" received in Google mail did not work. It says "invalid product code".

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 22nd August 2014 at 10:55.
Old 27th August 2014, 07:32   #183
BHPian

How to install Sygic app? Or purchase some features?

Watch Sygic's helpful video guides on Youtube channel

Old 28th August 2014, 17:08   #184
BHPian

Quote:
I am also facing same problem. Tried it on two devices I have.

Also, I purchased "Sygic & MapmyIndia: GPS" in September, 2012 for GBP 15.79 (INR 1468.59) even then I am not able to use it.

Also, Navimaps people (navimaps@mapmyindia.co.in) do not reply my mail to restore my purchase but they keep on sending mails to upgrade to the premium version with additional payment.
Hello Mukesh,

Same problem here.

Your problem persisting?
Old 28th August 2014, 17:29   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Same problem here.
After sending few mails, they asked for:

Quote:
Please provide us with the copy of purchase bill/invoice or copy of mail received for your Sygic MapmyIndia Map application purchased from Play Store. Also provide details of your handset make/model, OS version and IMEI no. on which you would be installing NaviMaps in order to get it verified by the concerned team and do the needful.
After providing the details, they sent an email with a promo code and instructions to install pro version.

But the limitation is "this promo code can be used only in 1 handset and this activation is handset specific".

I have not installed it so far.
Old 28th August 2014, 19:42   #186
BHPian

Quote:
After sending few mails, they asked for:

After providing the details, they sent an email with a promo code and instructions to install pro version.

But the limitation is "this promo code can be used only in 1 handset and this activation is handset specific".

I have not installed it so far.
Hello there,

I don't know how, but I do not have any acknowledgement or any receipt from Google Play.

I do not recall even getting one.

What can such people do now? Any ideas?

Regarding your licence being usable only once, that may be a trick by Sygic to boost their biz. They first reduced the price, ensnared us, mentioned no restrictions at the sale time, and now this. Tut. Tut.
Old 28th August 2014, 20:11   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
I don't know how, but I do not have any acknowledgement or any receipt from Google Play.
I think Google sends you an email with receipt for all paid apps.
Old 29th August 2014, 07:45   #188
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
acknowledgement or any receipt from Google Play
Quote:
email with receipt for all paid apps
login to your Google play account and go in history . You can also send mail to google in case of any issues with app provider . I dont have any experience with Google but Apple has been very prompt in refunds
Old 1st September 2014, 10:41   #189
BHPian

Re: NaviMaps - MapmyIndia launches OFFLINE 3D Navigation App

I downloaded Sygic when it became free and also stored Indian maps. Then I saw this thread that Sygic again became paid app and now existing free app users are not able to use Sygic.

I formatted my phone and reinstalled the Sygic and I could again start using the app without any issue. Though I didn't download the maps again as I had backup of my previously stored map data.

Am I missing something here?
Old 25th September 2014, 19:47   #190
Senior - BHPian

Any recent feedback for the latest Sygic maps with Tom Tom?

I installed the free app on my mobile and like the user interface. Thinking about getting the paid version, but 30 euros is a little expensive.
Old 19th October 2014, 07:01   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
I downloaded Sygic when it became free and also stored Indian maps. Then I saw this thread that Sygic again became paid app and now existing free app users are not able to use Sygic.

I formatted my phone and reinstalled the Sygic and I could again start using the app without any issue. Though I didn't download the maps again as I had backup of my previously stored map data.

Am I missing something here?
Wish I read your post before updating some maps. I had the free version working fine till this morning. When i went to my sygic menu, the state maps were showing as update available. I downloaded few of them, now can't go to any other page except for that map download page with only 'proceed' and 'quit' buttons. Any way out folks?

Btw, what is the best free alternative (mine is a tab without sim)
Old 19th October 2014, 08:23   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizay View Post
I downloaded few of them, now can't go to any other page except for that map download page with only 'proceed' and 'quit' buttons. Any way out folks?

Btw, what is the best free alternative (mine is a tab without sim)
This has happened with me also in the latest version which brings totally revamped interface. In my case, it wasn't showing state maps this time, rather it was showing only countries as download option so I downloaded India maps along with few other needed files and it started working without any issues.

If you have backup of your old Sygic map folder then copy it at same place where it was earlier. Then do the above steps. You will have to download whole India map and few other files which will be suggested by the app itself.
Old 19th October 2014, 22:33   #193
BHPian

Thanks. Didn't do any backup. Actually the map update option was no reason to suspect that entire sygic app will go for a toss.

For now installed the trail version of new Sygic. Will consider purchase if works fine in next 1 week for trip planned ahead.
Old 20th October 2014, 16:03   #194
Senior - BHPian

Seems like Sygic has messed up the customer experience.

Perhaps they should have sent out emails to indicate changes happening with respect to the map provider and other aspects.

I have not used my Sygic for the last three months and not sure on what the state is. I am entitled to use Sygic on five devices - so I need to check all my phones/ tablets to see what the status is.

Has anyone compared the TomTom maps on Sygic with the erstwhile MMI maps on Sygic? Are they any better?
Old 20th October 2014, 16:19   #195
BHPian

^^ S U N: Sygic has completely revamped its user interface in their newest update. I found this yesterday while browsing through play store. I installed the new UI. It seems fresh and light, but apart from burdening me into learning a new UI, not sure what other purpose its serving. Just a total waste of time and effort.

Regarding TomTom maps and Sygic, the UI is good (as above), maps are so-so, and routing is average when compared to MMI.

MMI people have released Navimaps with their own maps (erstwhile MMI maps on Sygic), which is way better than any other offline maps available in India. They have mapped even the remotest corners of India and the coverage is exhaustive. Simply superb. The routing is very fast and accurate most of the times. In summary, UI is below-average, maps are outstanding and routing is satisfactory.

I frequently use NaviMaps these days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks