Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2004, 21:32   #16
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Sheruken @ July 31 2004,01:46)]So its not just a Racing Game, its a Car Encyclopedia.
U bet 700 cars means what how long will this game take 2 be completed
Old 31st July 2004, 23:55   #17
Senior - BHPian

They should have released this game in May......i'm having holidays since then......i could have gone through half the game!
Old 2nd August 2004, 18:54   #18
BHPian

The wait Gets Harder!
Here is a friends review on the BMW 1 Series GT4 Demo game.

OK! I got the BMW Series 1 Virtual Drive which is the very latest public avaliable code of GT4 so far. As I can see, it is a code shown on E3 and it is 100 miles away from Prologue. First thing you notice is graphic (will try to post screen shots as soon as I can).

After the intro movie (nice one, and car looks great in motion), the game-driven replay with S1 on Nurb begins. I could only say "They didn't manage to do this, no way". The graphic looks outstanding. High-res everywhere, amount of details around the track is fabulous, and car itself looks great. The resolution of car is the same as resolution of surroundings and sky and lightning are great. Replay looks astonishing.

There are just few options - screen (normal or wide), no music, no replay, nothing else. After the track selection - Nurb, NYC and Costa di Amalfi (Capri) - you find yourself in seat of gasoline driven S1 on start of Nurb. And the hell breaks loose there.

I can't realy imagine how will it look like to drive around the Nurb with 500+ HP cars. The track is exact copy of the Nurb (we knew that from before), but you find yourself realy amazed with the narrowness of the track. Because of that, you have the feeling that S1 eats road, and you even do not pass 200 km/h mark nowhere except on the main straight (final section) - I managed to cope 208 km/h. It takes around 9:20 (with some nice fence kissing) for S1 to go around the Green Hell. And all the writings on the road are there, all the mountains are there, trees, telephone wires, more then 10 different looks of asphalt, more then 10 different looks of grass around the track, darker and lighter clouds, blazing sun, and 10+ variations of curbs (sound of tyres passing the curb at 180 km/h is something unique).

One fact - pictures posted before are not from this demo. There is no time-limit, you're only limited with one lap. You can watch a replay after the race, with the nifty "press-triangle-2-zoom-on-car" option. No specials there.

After you got blown-away with the glympse of future graphic, the race begins. Dials are new ones, with "G-Spot Meter" (indicating G-Force), fuel indicator (not working yet), oil indicator, all as seen before on E3 pics. Lateral movement meter is a nice touch, especially in replay. Hope that final game will bring some data management there. The race begins (no clutch) and then you realise that this is a totally new physics engine. Prologue is arcadey (we knew that too, but it was hard to beleive) in compare to this. Suspension works properly for the first time in the series. When you speed up, suspension of the rear end takes accelration force in the way you feel it, while front suspension takes it while breaking. The view field goes up/down, depending of the movement, and car now reacts on another new feature - track roughness.

Naturally, Nurb is a very rough track. But now (and it can easly be compared with Prologue on NY track), all the tracks are more rougher or better said - now you feel it on the car behaving. On Nurb and Capri car even goes airborne somewhere (we knew that too), and sound of landing is too good to be true. Having a nice surround setup in your room is highly welcomed.

Tyre sound and all the algorythams regarding it are improved. You can't do much drifting because the TCS is always ON (in this demo), but little drifting is welcomed and both physics and sound are great. Tyre squeezing in corners is a pure auditive heaven. Interesting is that game lets you choose between 3 type of tyres - normal, street and arcade. "Racing", although they exist on menu, can't be selected.

Both analog sticks works, didn't try the wheel. DS2 driving is great - car now reacts very instantly and directly, while maintaing the great sense of speed. It is more difficult to cope with slow turns in high speeds then in Prologue, and all of "Wall Riders" can say goodbye to their little hobby - slightest kiss to the fence introduce another new feature - impact penalty.

It is not 10 sec slow-down, it is a total physics and visual treat which is manifesting through screen blurring, shaking and a losing control over car movement on for a short time. As the impact is heavier, the effect will be bigger.

Rear-view mirror is another great feature. It is big, wide, and filled with details. You see everything in it, like you're watching a rear-view on a small screen. It is a great job done by graphics programmers, taking into concern the public-known capablities of PS2.

There are no effects of fire or sparkles.

As you speed up, the sound of wind becomes louder and louder, while engine sound becomes more noisier. On the main straight it is a total wind-blowing vs. engine-roar sound battle. Fantastic job done in sound design.

NY is two times more detailed than in Prologue. Capri looks great. But I just drove one lap of both and get my butt back to Nurb.

After driving few laps of Nurb and watching some replays I started to think how the final code will look like if this is just a demo - (hopefully), 4 months before the final game release - looks like this. Job done here is beyond expectations in every way. And I'm sure that this is not the final physics "Simulation" code, final graphic code and final sound code. Not to mention game structure or anything else which does not exist on this DVD.

Pictures and Screenshots soon.

Welcome to the first ever diesel car in the GT series. It has a great torque, nice sound and nice colours to pick. At 19,000 euros starting price. I find this demo a nice way to enjoy in something I can only dream about - driving a new Beamer around the Nurburgring.
Old 10th August 2004, 00:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

How much does a PS2 cost???

What's the price range for "PS2", i'm looking for something reliable and up-to-date. I heard, Sony has cut down the prices in the US to $149, heck that's around Rs. 7,000 change. Worth a buy i guess.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 10th August 2004, 00:42   #20
Senior - BHPian

Yes, it is $149 in US. But in India it may cost more than 12,000/-. Check Baazee.com
Old 10th August 2004, 01:29   #21
F50
Senior - BHPian

I think it costs around 17000 + in Sony Showroom, thatz excluding one joystick and a memory card 8 mb

Jostick OG costs 1300
Memory Card 8 mb OG costs 1300
Steering wheel of good company costs around 2000
Old 10th August 2004, 03:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

How widely are PS2 games available in India. Most of the shelves in India are dominated by PC games. PS2 games are put in some corner and you never find other console games.

In US, most of the shelves are dominated by PS2 and then rest of the console games. PC games are put in to some corner.
Old 10th August 2004, 12:29   #23
Team-BHP Support

I recently bought a PS2 for Rs.11,500 which includes an extra analog controler, an 8 mb memory card, and 3 games free. Ofcourse, the PS2 was modded as well.

There are a lot better deals out there than baazee has to offer.

Also Satish, PS2 games are available all over the place. If you want the original ones, they cost between 2500 - 4000. However, the pirated ones cost just a 100 bucks. But your PS has to be modded to play those.

Rt
Old 10th August 2004, 14:14   #24
Senior - BHPian

PS2 is damn good.......but PSX is more preferable i feel.U can use it for Cd-roms,DVDs,VCDs,ACDs and its got a 250gb HD too.Its got Cd/Rw,Dvd/rw also.

So dunt u feel like spendin a more n pick up the PSX?//
It retails from 26000rs to 38000rs rougly.Dunt know if its available in India yet???

Keep Rockin!
Old 11th August 2004, 01:26   #25
F50
Senior - BHPian

Hey Rtech more details from wer u got ur PS2 and other details plzz
Old 11th August 2004, 03:53   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

hey guys
me bro got his ps2 for 12000 from america with mem chip , controller , pirated games chip and some cool games ....
hes so nice. .........
hes actually lendin me some of his games - gt4 , driver 3 , etc ........
Old 11th August 2004, 17:39   #27
BHPian

hi guys,

best place to buy a PS2 is a shop called oscar aka alfa in Irla, vile parle - West, a completely chipped one will cost you around 10,000 bucks, with one controller. need bout 500 bucks for another controller, & 1000 for the memory card. you get piratede dvd games for 60-70 bucks there, most games are available within a week or two of them being released abroad.

Its chipped so can play all kinds of dvd's.The PSX isnt gonna come here for a longtime & even then it'll be some time before the games are available & thn too ill be very expensive.
Old 11th August 2004, 18:27   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Its chipped so can play all kinds of dvd's.
thats what I thought too, but mine only plays DVD's which are marked "All regions". That covers all the priated stuff, but i tried playin a few I had from the US and they dont work. Any way to get around this??
Old 26th August 2004, 05:45   #29
BHPian

New GT4 Scans (A Must Read for the Fans and Gamers) :
Click on the ThumbNails for the actual full size image. Save the Image and read the Article (its Indescribable).

People with HighSpeed Internet can download this 19MB Video.
<a href="http://members.home.nl/egghead/gt4_ptp.avi" target="_blank">
Right Click on this Link and Save Target As.. </a>
Credit goes to egghead from GTPlanet.net (my advice is keep the volume low and play the video), it gives an amazing idea of how detailed and beautiful Nurburgring/Nordschleife is gonna look. And also the Precision'al details of the physics of cars is going to be... (G-Meter, Pressure Sensitive Accelerator and Brakes, Suspension Travel on the Bumpy Nurb, etc)..

Another GT4:Prologue (demo) Video of the 2004 BMW M5 (drifting)..
Right Click and Save Target as..

Old 28th August 2004, 14:43   #30
BANNED

Hi !! I'm planning to buy a playstation 2 real soon so cud u guys help me a bit !!! Its avail with a bill for 16K and in the grey its for 10K, do I buy the grey market or the dealer model.. also wud it b cheaper to get it from hong kong/singapore ?? Also wat r other accessories that I wud need to get with it ... also which is the best rally game avail in the PS2 ?

HELP pls !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks