Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2006, 10:17   #16
BHPian

Hi,

I'm already a user of the Dish TV and wanted to get connected with Tata Sky. I just wanted to get rid of my existing ditch TV.
Is there a possibility for getting hooked on Tata Sky with the existing Zenega box just buying their subsription.

Any Idea?

Last edited by rapideffect : 10th August 2006 at 10:18.
Old 10th August 2006, 10:20   #17
Team-BHP Support

What's the problem with Dish TV? I thought they were pretty good?
Old 10th August 2006, 10:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
What's the problem with Dish TV? I thought they were pretty good?

I have it. It just SUCKS!

I am thinking of going to consumer court. Half of the time even free channels are "scrambled". And some paid channels which they advertise as part of package are shown only for the first few weeks. After that they ask you to pay more money to watch them.

Other thing is sound quality. PATHETIC. They say its dolby digital. My 10 year old casette player sounds better.

Last edited by DCEite : 10th August 2006 at 10:45.
Old 10th August 2006, 11:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite
I have it. It just SUCKS!

I am thinking of going to consumer court. Half of the time even free channels are "scrambled". And some paid channels which they advertise as part of package are shown only for the first few weeks. After that they ask you to pay more money to watch them.

Other thing is sound quality. PATHETIC. They say its dolby digital. My 10 year old casette player sounds better.
Man, I should have checked with you - I just went in for one yesterday and so far its a dream after the cable quality we are getting! Sound in any case is through my HT so thats pretty cool as well. Is it the music channels that you aren't happy with the sound or overall? The sound reproduction would, of course, also depend on your TV set's output quality

Last edited by suman : 10th August 2006 at 11:10.
Old 10th August 2006, 13:56   #20
BANNED

Any feedback from users in Mumbai? We're kind of sick of cable operators too and Dish TV seemed like a good alternative
Old 10th August 2006, 14:29   #21
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

on paper dishtv looks good with the number of channels given with the initial package... but lets wait for things to sort out with regards to star and zee sharing their channels...
Old 10th August 2006, 14:40   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang
on paper dishtv looks good with the number of channels given with the initial package... but lets wait for things to sort out with regards to star and zee sharing their channels...
Well, Star Sports has always been there, its the rest of the Star bouquet which is presently on trial. I would think its a good deal even without the Star bouquet - I mean look at the number of movie, music & entertainment channels you are getting with the top end pack
Old 10th August 2006, 16:08   #23
BHPian

These r still early days for DTH in India.After few operators have entered in India,prices will come down as dish tv is very costly as of now if u want to watch all of ur favourite channels.
Old 11th August 2006, 10:09   #24
BHPian

DishTV is pushing the zee channels and their bouquet more. Hope things will change with the competition coming in.Today we can see all Sony & Star channels available, that too only because of the competition. Actually I was out of touch with my favourite channels like AXN, Natgeo etc for the last 1 1/2 year.

Pciture quality and sound quality is not that bad, but depending on the channels broadcast quality. Some are good some are bad.

I'm waiting for the launch of Tata Sky for a different packaging of channels only. I want to end paying those zee channels which is not of my liking. I believe TAtasky will come with a proper packaging of channels since they don't belong to any Media house like Zee.
Old 11th August 2006, 10:57   #25
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Sky = Rupert murdoch = Star tv

So this is also going the SitiCABLE + WINCABLE way i guess
Old 11th August 2006, 13:27   #26
BHPian

Any idea of what output interfaces will the standard DTH receiver boes have? Will it require a TV? Can it be directly hooked to an LCD projector for example?
Old 11th August 2006, 13:48   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathjeppu
Any idea of what output interfaces will the standard DTH receiver boes have? Will it require a TV? Can it be directly hooked to an LCD projector for example?
Standard Audio L & R out & Video out - they use the AV inputs of your TV so should be possible to hook up to anything that has a Audio L & R in and Video in
Old 11th August 2006, 14:16   #28
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

delivery of tv channels is hotting up with bsnl launching its iptv based transmission from 15th August. test run in pune i guess as the below link mentions

http://www.telegeography.com/cu/arti...143&email=html
Old 11th August 2006, 14:51   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
Standard Audio L & R out & Video out - they use the AV inputs of your TV so should be possible to hook up to anything that has a Audio L & R in and Video in
Oh Cool! Thanks for the Info. So I can technically directly hook it to my LCD display with has Compsite Video, Component Video as well as S-Video input interfaces...

Are any of the DTH services talking of 5.1 surround sound? or HD video transmissions?

I heard that one of the Cable providers was providing ESPN HD during the football worldcup in Mumbai.

Cheers
Sharath
Old 11th August 2006, 17:38   #30
BHPian

The Zenega STB has a port apart from the normal A/V out. I think that can be used for connecting to your PC or LCD projector. Give me a few days time, I will check it out on my setup and let you know.

For more Information there is a group on yahoo for Zenega.

As fars HT is concerned you can plug it on to the TV A/V (audio) out.
My HT is currently working in that way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks