Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Internet Browsers - what do you use?
Internet Explorer 110 14.99%
Netscape 4 0.54%
Mozilla Firefox 363 49.46%
Opera 63 8.58%
Apple Safari 28 3.81%
The new kid on the block, Chrome from Google 144 19.62%
Any other?? Please specify 22 3.00%
Voters: 734. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2010, 18:13   #571
Team-BHP Support

Surprising to see, Chrome users are pretty low. I thought it should have picked up real fast.
Old 7th September 2010, 18:40   #572
BHPian

Chrome user here Do miss Firefox addons, but FF takes a bit long to start so switched to GC.

About IE? Well, the only time I use it is when I reinstall windows and need to download Chrome :P
Old 7th September 2010, 18:47   #573
Team-BHP Support

The issue is that many guys design websites keeing in mind IE only. Hence they dont following the conventional HTML syntax. Hence we see this issue that many times sites do not open well except for IE!

Hence for such cases I have IE back-up. Its but Chrome else all the time else for me. I used to be on Opera before I switched to GC. But never was on FF.
Quite some addons are available now.
Old 7th September 2010, 19:01   #574
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Chrome user here Do miss Firefox addons, but FF takes a bit long to start so switched to GC.
Wonder why FF tkes so long to start up! Wish there was some crack to make it open fast. In that respect, IE seems faster.
Old 8th September 2010, 15:52   #575
BHPian

Firefox's Add-ons make it one of the better choices. But with the add-ons and many tabs opened, it has become a bit of a RAM hog these days. For a netbook with 1GB RAM, I would recommend Chrome.

Also, chrome gives more vertical space for the web pages, which is beneficial on a netbook's low resolution screen.
Old 15th September 2010, 16:40   #576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Clevermax,

Those FF issues are strange. I've never faced a problem. What version are you on?

Also are you sure it isn't one of your add-ons causing this problem?? That would be my first guess.

Perhaps try a re-install too?

cya
R
Rehaan,

I can't edit and Save my posts, nor can I Cancel the post which is in Edit mode. This issue is very consistent in both my laptops, in which I run the latest greatest version of FF, 3.6.9.

Another issue which I consistently get is that the 'Manage attachments' button is disabled. This is also present in both my laptops.

The add ons I have are:

1) Chickenfoot
2) Adblock plus
3) Minimize on start and close (For Win7)
4) Stumble upon
5) Thinkvantage password manager (Only in one laptop)

I've been having these add ons in previous versions of FF too but they are not causing this issue; me thinks.
Old 15th September 2010, 17:20   #577
Senior - BHPian

Firefox acting weird.

Post past couple of days i have been having trouble with opening links from email.

I use gmail and when i click a hyperlink inside an email, its suppose to open the website in another tab. Here is what happens, say i clicked on a link which should take me to FB. But nothing happens. Just a new tab opens and there is white screen. Why is this? Anybody with similar experience?

Is it a sign of a malware/trojan/virus? I scanned the entire pc with Norton and Spyware doctor and Super antispyware. but no change.

Any help?

I like chrome, but the add-on speed dial is very unfriendly while in FF its great. It has key shortcut which is not enabled in chrome. So it looses brownie points there.
Old 15th September 2010, 17:23   #578
NFS
BHPian

I use Firefox for my daily work. Love Chrome for its speed, hence use for gmail and google products.

I use Opera Mini on my mobile.

Also being a Web Developer, I have to use most of the browsers to check compatibility of the web pages (hence I am forced to use IE6/7/8, FF, Opera, Safari, and Chrome).

Are there anyone still using Netscape? I guess this is the browser which is no longer available for download. Is there anyone using the old versions?

NFS
Old 16th September 2010, 12:27   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post
Are there anyone still using Netscape? I guess this is the browser which is no longer available for download. Is there anyone using the old versions?
NFS
Here you go!
Old 16th September 2010, 12:31   #580
BHPian

Microsoft has launched the beta version of IE9

URL to the news article: Microsoft's new browser is pretty cool. No, seriously

If I am not mistaken, IE9 would require either Vista or Win7 OS platform.
Old 22nd September 2010, 11:57   #581

I have been using Chrome for quite a while and like it a lot because it is really fast but the only problem is that not all the websites support Chrome yet. Specially the intranet sites that I open at work that requires authentication. But the benefits outweigh the costs far more and that is why I use it.
Old 25th September 2010, 12:19   #582
Senior - BHPian

Started using Chrome since yesterday again, I uninstalled the earlier beta version around 4-5 months ago. I feel this new version is quite good ,loads faster and uses much lower memory than Firefox.
I feel that I am getting hooked on Chrome ...!
Old 25th September 2010, 13:31   #583
Team-BHP Support

IE9 discussions doing rounds. But Chrome is terrific. There was an article in the newspaper as well.

I used to dilly/dally between Opera and IE. Opera for fast browsing and IE for office and non HTML compliant pages.

Later I amalgamated everything to Chrome and been on it ever since.
Old 25th September 2010, 13:42   #584
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Surprising to see, Chrome users are pretty low. I thought it should have picked up real fast.
This poll was created way back in 2004. A lot of members like me who voted for IE or Firefox then have now moved on to Chrome.
Old 25th September 2010, 13:51   #585
BANNED

^^ Can we have a new poll now ? !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks