Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2010, 08:51   #4126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Please note - the price of 22.8 k may not be available to everyone as it is a pretty good discount. However MRP is 26k, so I think dealer would bring it down to 24k at least.
I guess someone else on the thread has posted that he got it for around 23k..
Old 30th October 2010, 14:28   #4127
BHPian

Panasonic 42x20

Guys, How's the Panasonic 42x20. A few guys at Hifivisiondotcom got it for 32500 from the NCR region in a group buy. I saw this piece at a showroom and it was seeming quite dull in front of 42v20. Maybe they had the wrong contrast and brightness levels set on the demo piece. Another thing was that this set does not have any usb port. So how will one see all the movies stored in ones HDD or Pc. Do we have to buy a DVD player which supports the usb feature for external hard drives?
Old 30th October 2010, 20:05   #4128
BHPian

Same dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Guys, How's the Panasonic 42x20. A few guys at Hifivisiondotcom got it for 32500 from the NCR region in a group buy. I saw this piece at a showroom and it was seeming quite dull in front of 42v20. Maybe they had the wrong contrast and brightness levels set on the demo piece. Another thing was that this set does not have any usb port. So how will one see all the movies stored in ones HDD or Pc. Do we have to buy a DVD player which supports the usb feature for external hard drives?
Picture quality wise i find X20 and samsung C450 similar. The samsung is costlier by 4-6K depending on the dealer but it played all the files from my pen drive seamlessly.

With the pana, i guess you need to get a bd player/media player/dvd player with HDMI.
Old 31st October 2010, 17:47   #4129
BHPian

Booked the X20D

After lots of comparison and confusion, finally booked the X20.

It was close call between this and the sammy C450. It beats the panny hands down in looks and the picture was at par.On top of it, it played ( and well at that ) all the formats I threw at it. Also costs around 4K more than panny.

It was really tempting to get the "instant nirvana" with the sammy.However, the three year warranty on the panny flipped the deal.

Now the hunt for a media player/DVD player that plays all formats begins :-).
Old 1st November 2010, 11:39   #4130
Senior - BHPian

Need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Brought the TV just now !! Less than 23k for a 32'' HD Ready TV !!

Will upload pics in a bit.

And yes, got a free TataSky connection with it. I needed it. Paying only 250 rs for the installation.
Vkochar, nice deal you got there. Congartulations!!
I also bought a LG LCD TV , Scarlet2.0 range for 25,990/-
The model number is 32LH70YR, it has Bluetooth, USB , but all in the rear portion. The picture quality looked awesome in the showroom. Got it at great discount as the model has been discontinued.
My problem is , the TV doesn't have 5.1 Channel HTS support. I was wondering how would I connect the 5.1 channel Speakers.
Will it work , if I buy a DVD player with 5.1 Channel support and connect the speakers to it and in turn connect the DVD player to the LCD tv ?
The link for the TV is here.
LG 32LH70YR LCD TV / LED TV / Plasma TV | 32" Full HD 1080p,100Hz TruMotion with Blutooth LCD TV - LG Electronics UAE
Also Got TATA Sky and Dinner set worth 2k free

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 1st November 2010 at 11:41.
Old 1st November 2010, 11:55   #4131
Senior - BHPian

Samsung LCD LA40C630

Bought a Samsung LCD LA40C630 from Samsung Plaza for Rs.54,500/-. It was a tough fight between C630 and C650 which was quoted for Rs.57,500/-. So it was between contrast ratio 2,00,000 vs 2,40,000 + Wifi Internet. Settled for former and saved 3K for TataSky HD. (TataSky don't have HD box in stock. Told that it will reach before Diwali, finger crossed and waiting)

Waiting for Samsung engineer to install the panel.

Regards

Vinu
Old 1st November 2010, 15:13   #4132
Senior - BHPian

Getting a very good deal for Panasonic 42V20 in Hyd. Delivery was promised today and today they pushed it to tomorrow. The dealer asked me to pay full amount on delivery. Will post the exact price and dealer info after i get the delivery.
Old 1st November 2010, 15:48   #4133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
I have finally go the go ahead from my wife to buy a Plasma. I am looking to buy Panasonic Plasma VIERA TH-P42V20D.

Can you please suggest me the shop in Pune where I can get the best deal? I would like to buy this tomorrow so that can take the delivery on Diwali day!!! Thanks.

Finally bought mine, 62K including Benetton Watch & Goggle..

Delivery on Diwali day!
Old 1st November 2010, 18:52   #4134
Senior - BHPian

I compared a Viera P42V20D and an LG 42 plasma with other TVs (LCD and LED) at Reliance outlet today. Though the black level was good on both the plasma screens, the whites were like a creamish shade comparatively. Not sure if the showroom guys had set it so, but why would there be such a stark difference?
Old 1st November 2010, 19:49   #4135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
I compared a Viera P42V20D and an LG 42 plasma with other TVs (LCD and LED) at Reliance outlet today. Though the black level was good on both the plasma screens, the whites were like a creamish shade comparatively. Not sure if the showroom guys had set it so, but why would there be such a stark difference?
I noticed the white in LCD and LED are better because they have more brightness compared to Plasma. Did you try to check for the details in the Whites of LCD/LED? When you are looking only at Plasma, you may not feel the whites as creams. I just started researching this info as i am also shopping for a Plasma.

Check the link below for a comparison between LCD LED & Plasma.
LCD vs. Plasma
Old 2nd November 2010, 16:12   #4136
Senior - BHPian

I finally decided after a lot of thought and went in for a small finance scheme for the Panasonic VIERA TH-L32X24. I was also looking at the Samsung 32C450. I liked the Samsung and the feature where I didn't need to have a separate DVD player but the salesman at Unilet was pretty good in convincing me to get the Panny. I liked the colour reproduction and thought this model was really good. I'd also taken a sample mp4 file on a USB drive and played it off a player there. Since the Panny does not have a USB port, I decided to go in for the Sony Blu-ray player - BDP-S370.

Got the TV and Blu-ray player delivered on Saturday and I think the player for its price is amazing. This is my first foray into the HD world and I am impressed. I love the colour reproduction on my cheap Panny model too. Much better compared to the Sammy model.

Got 2 Blu-rays with the player - This is It and Legion. Man, once you've crossed the river into HD territory, there is no going back at all. Even DTH looks jaded on the TV.
Old 2nd November 2010, 16:35   #4137
Senior - BHPian

My friend is planning on Sony KDL-40EX710. Any review on this model?
Old 3rd November 2010, 12:49   #4138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
I also bought a LG LCD TV , Scarlet2.0 range for 25,990/-
The model number is 32LH70YR, it has Bluetooth, USB , but all in the rear portion. The picture quality looked awesome in the showroom.
TV was installed yesterday. We got it wall mounted and it's fixed, can't even tilt it to left or right.
The slots are all on the rear side, due to which it was difficult to insert a pendrive in it. Finally managed to use the USB-USB cable at home and fixed it to the USB port of the TV, it is extending a little below the Tv.Now plugging a pendrive or a harddisk is easy.
Watched photos on it yesterday and it was good. Connected with bluetooth through my phone and laptop. While it played the songs on my phone on the TV through Bluetooth, but couldn't do so from the laptop, any pointers how to do it ?
We sat and watched tv till late night as if it was our first time
Old 3rd November 2010, 13:12   #4139
Senior - BHPian

I picked Panasonic 42V50 yesterday in Hyderabad. The price i paid is Rs. 58,500/-.
Old 3rd November 2010, 13:37   #4140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
I picked Panasonic 42V50 yesterday in Hyderabad. The price i paid is Rs. 58,500/-.
The model is 42V20 and not V50. Who is the dealer?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks