Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2014, 19:39   #7201
BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
^^^It doesn't always get that good. I guess it depends on seller. Mine was also sent by Gati, but with zero additional packing except a polythene sheet taped to the original box. No extra thermocole or crate or whatever. And the box was opened from below and re-taped, so I consider that used. Also it was very old. Was forced to demand a refund, which is not exactly easy with Snapdeal. Also they were very slow. But in the end they did refund. Tried to save money, and ended up wasting a lot of time.

Make sure seal is intact both above and below and check manuf. date before accepting. Thats what I'v learnt. Besides tape, I guess most manufacturers also use big, thick staples and the extreme ends. If they are missing (and you can see the holes), the box has been tampered and it may be a used/showroom set.
I fully agree on this. It is important to view the seller's rating and if needed, call up the customer care, double check with them and then place the order. However, having said that, I'd prefer Flipkart (WS Retail) or Amazon(order fulfilled by them) for peace of mind and simply the trust factor based on the past experiences.

OT : Online shopping is incredibly addictive and it is still evolving and is in a nascent stage in India. May the best e-tailer win
Old 22nd February 2014, 19:51   #7202
Senior - BHPian

^^^Well, easier said than done. And Snapdeal ratings? Are they even useful? Its totally non-transparent. You can't even see half-line buyer comments like on eBay. I think Snapdeal has a long way to go in implementing seller ratings. Else, they are going to build a significant trust-deficit with buyers. And the fact that customer service is not great and quite slow does not help. There have been cases of sellers even shipping cracked/broken laptops, for example. So you can imagine...

Calling customer care for double checking like you have mentioned, will just get you pre-drafted answers from human robots. And that if you can get to one - the lines are usually too busy except during late night hours. At least thats what I experienced. And there is no way to contact the seller directly.

Choosing FK or Amazon is fine, but price differences can be significant, so you get lured. Also, the model I wanted was not available with FK or Amazon.

Hope Snapdeal gets its act together. Meanwhile, I personally don't have the confidence to place high value orders with them.
Old 22nd February 2014, 21:17   #7203
BHPian

Those wanting excellent picture quality (if that is the primary criterion) and minimal lag can try Samsung f7500- its great on the picture front.

+:
- excellent picture quality
- sharp rendering of fast moving items (sports/ tickers on business channels) with no visible lag.
- extremely thin and lightweight TV.
- all bells and whistles (which may or may not be be useful depending on need).
The product is excellent.

-:
- Have heard Samsung support lags other brands.
- Believe the 3D technology of LG (passive 3D) renders better, on the active 3D offered by Sony and Samsung, there is the issue of losing connectivity with the set robbing you of the experience. I don't use 3D so this is not an issue for me.
- The television is pricey.
- Believe the LG IPS panel is more sturdy.

If you watch sport, or watch the usual business channels, make sure to compare the models side by side (should be same size TV) in a showroom to choose the picture quality level you desire.
Old 22nd February 2014, 21:42   #7204
Senior - BHPian

Anybody has any comments about Sharp TVs? Esp. 32"? They were offering 3 years warranty, which is the most important factor I consider. Price was also tempting. But how does the picture and sound quality compare?

I found the picture quality of the display piece at the dealer to be a tad below that of other brands that were lined up there. But can't take that at face value, as its quite possible that settings may have been fiddled with.
Old 22nd February 2014, 21:48   #7205
BHPian

In the market for a LED Tv, 40 or 42 inches, preferably a Smart TV.

Saw the Sony W700B 42". Liked it quite a lot.

Any other recommendations/suggestions in the Samsung or LG world?
Old 23rd February 2014, 03:46   #7206
BHPian

Based on the inputs from members, I have now finalized LG 42LA6130 42" LED TV (Black). Hopefully the picture quality is good. Didn't get chance to check at the dealers.

How good is shop.airtel.com?
Thinking of it because of some negative feedback about snapdeal. Price is almost same on both. Kindly suggest.
Old 23rd February 2014, 21:09   #7207
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
In the market for a LED Tv, 40 or 42 inches, preferably a Smart TV.

Any other recommendations/suggestions in the Samsung or LG world?
Thats a 2014 model,the older model W700A was a really good tv with excellent picture.So the new one should be just as good if not better.
Old 24th February 2014, 08:03   #7208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
May 2013, I was at the same point, except that it was the W700A then.
Then the Croma guy insisted we also take a look at the W800A. He unpacked a new piece and propped it against the wall. The comparison was enough to convince us to go for the W800A.
Old 24th February 2014, 09:12   #7209
BHPian

I am planning to buy a 42 inch LED smart TV. Shortlisted Panasonic TH-L42E6D, but when I tried the shops the model was sold out. Contacted Panasonic and they offered me an inferior model. Can any one please suggest me a good 42 inch smart TV without 3D? Price range around 53 - 60k INR
Old 24th February 2014, 13:19   #7210
Senior - BHPian

After taking lot of opinions and reading through lot of reviews, went and brought something contrary to all - Brought a Philips 40PFL4958/V7 (40 Inch, Full HD LED, Non smart).

Went TV Hunting last Sunday - with a friend and his family since they were also planning to buy (4 pair of eyes to compare the PQ and the bargaining power of buying 2 TVs ).

Went to couple of stores and saw Samsung, LG, Panasonic, Toshiba, Philips, Sony and Sharp side by side - Sony was out of budget, so did not concentrate on it much. Sharp and Toshiba was not available in many shops and price difference between on-line and brick and mortar shops for Toshiba where 6 K or more.

Felt the PQ of Sharp was the worst among the compared - might be the settings in the showroom (Koramangala EZone), but did not find the brand in any other shops for further comparison.

Felt Philips was almost on par with Samsung series 5 and the LG and slightly lesser than Panasonic on display, but then got a very sweet deal through a friend, so decided to go for it.

So far, happy with the decision. PQ is good, but sound quality is bad (not much of an issue since I am planning to go for a stereo audio system soon - till that time, I plan to supplement the sound by using my Creative 2.1)

--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 24th February 2014 at 13:20.
Old 26th February 2014, 19:27   #7211
Senior - BHPian

Gifting a LED TV for my in laws. The criteria is that it should be a basic HD LED set without any other bells or whistles below 30k.

Shortlisted the following from the LG and Samsung range however the screen size is still not decided as the room in which it may be place is not fixed yet. Hence have options for both 28 and 32 inches-

Samsung -

UA28F4000ARLXL
UA32EH4003RMXL

LG -

28LN4105
32LN4900

Please suggest which one to go for between these models.

And would like to know if there is any other brand below 30k and is better than these four.
Old 27th February 2014, 01:20   #7212
Senior - BHPian

^Why not Toshiba? Cheaper and with 3 year warranty. And PQ quite comparable.
Old 27th February 2014, 09:05   #7213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
^Why not Toshiba? Cheaper and with 3 year warranty. And PQ quite comparable.
Not particularly interested in Toshiba or any of the Videocon manufactured brands as had bad experiences with them before.

However can explore other brands like Panasonic and Sharp etc. with a budget of 25k - 30k for 28 - 32 inchers respectively.
Old 27th February 2014, 11:50   #7214
Senior - BHPian

,^Could you elaborate on your experience with Toshiba?

Panasonic would be great too and they have come out with 3 year warranty on specific models in the past. PQ of couple of sharp TVs I've checked out in showrooms was a tad lower as I've mentioned in a previous post. If you have checked them out, do comment.
Old 28th February 2014, 12:42   #7215
BHPian

Guys, I am on a lookout for a 42" led. Price max 60k. Requirements are best picture quality and friendly user interface. Thanks, ramki.

Last edited by ramki067 : 28th February 2014 at 12:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks