Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2019, 21:39   #241
BANNED

Re: TRAI announces major overhaul of DTH pricing

I don't understand - why does one have to select FTA channels? Can't you select all FTA channels if they are free?
Old 18th February 2019, 23:46   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Please go to the Hathway website and under Digital Cable you will see Online Request Form. Validate yourself with your set top box smart card number. Use the page to choose the
Thanks, I checked in their website. I wanted to change some channels in FTA list, but I couldn't. Did you try this or just went ahead with whatever was available?
Old 19th February 2019, 00:41   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Can't you select all FTA channels if they are free?
There is a 20-25Rs fee for every additional 25 channels that you add, which is irrespective (I think) of whether they are FTA or Paid.
Old 19th February 2019, 06:01   #244
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _chikku View Post
Thanks, I checked in their website. I wanted to change some channels in FTA list, but I couldn't. Did you try this or just went ahead with whatever was available?
Didn't bother about the FTA channels, just chose the pay channels (bouquets and a la carte).
Old 19th February 2019, 06:04   #245
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
There is a 20-25Rs fee for every additional 25 channels that you add, which is irrespective (I think) of whether they are FTA or Paid.
Ok. Thank you. I am on Dish. How do I go about selecting channels? Is it on their website - I couldn't find it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Didn't bother about the FTA channels, just chose the pay channels (bouquets and a la carte).
Are you not interested in any FTA channels?
Old 19th February 2019, 06:08   #246
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Are you not interested in any FTA channels?
The default FTA package given by Hathway has the channels we need. Pricing includes Rs.130 for this package.
Old 19th February 2019, 07:38   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Ok. Thank you. I am on Dish. How do I go about selecting channels? Is it on their website - I couldn't find it?
I am on Dish too. I was able to do it on their website. However I suggest you wait as they are continuing the old packs for now. I have been abroad and I got a few missed calls from Dishtv maybe to confirm my selection but since I wasn't around it never got done. I am glad as it looks like the current packs will continue till March end.
Old 19th February 2019, 09:58   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I dont think that is possible with Tata Sky. I too have a long term Tata sky subscription and based on the news on the forum, I had argued with Tata sky to continue with the long term pack which they flatly refused. They credited my Tata sky account with the balance amount and have been deducting amount on daily basis as per the new pack selection.

If anyone has got the long duration pack continued, do let me know what process was followed?
I also have an annual pack from Tata Sky. In fact, mine was renewed in Dec 2018. (I must have been living under a rock, I had no idea about the new TRAI policy till Dec 2018 and I renewed my annual plan)

I never called Tata Sky in Jan/Feb 2019 regarding change in plan and they have also not called me. As of now, my annual plan is continuing as it is.

Rohan
Old 19th February 2019, 10:10   #249
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I am glad as it looks like the current packs will continue till March end.

Why do you want to continue your current packs? Is it cheaper?

If you have an existing pack and you choose channels - what happens then - are you moved to the channels are your existing pack gets over or right away? What about the money difference?
Old 19th February 2019, 10:19   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Why do you want to continue your current packs? Is it cheaper?
Yes in my case my current pack with multi TV is a lot cheaper. If you choose channels, you will get moved to that pack. So either one compromises with number of channels or (in my case) pay a lot more than today. Money difference is adjusted with daily balance that is left over in your account.
Old 22nd February 2019, 11:11   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
Transparent pricing of channels across DTH platforms will bring necessary competition and will bring down the prices. For example, I didn't select Jaya TV (Tamil GEC) which is priced Rs 19. The only way I will be induced to buy Jaya TV is if they bring down the MRP.
As predicted earlier, channel prices (MRP) has started coming down due to the transparent competition. See this and this.
Old 22nd February 2019, 12:47   #252
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Any Hathway subscribers in Mumbai who have been facing complete cable tv blackout since February 13th?

Repeated complaints to TRAI by email aren't working. Wondering whether i should opt for some other DTH operator now as there's barely anything to watch on tv!

http://www.asianage.com/metros/mumba...-blackout.html
Old 22nd February 2019, 15:14   #253
BHPian

Quote:
As predicted earlier, channel prices (MRP) has started coming down due to the transparent competition. See this and this.
These plans still dont appear on MyAirtel App/ Website - they certainly appear to be better and cheaper.
Old 22nd February 2019, 15:37   #254
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
As predicted earlier, channel prices (MRP) has started coming down due to the transparent competition.
Will the reduced prices automatically reflect in our selections or is manual intervention required.
Old 22nd February 2019, 18:59   #255
BHPian

I don't know about others but I am facing blackout from 13th Feb in my D2H account. There cannot be any worse service provider.

Submitted my FTA plus paid channels selections three times. First two times it was just a Thank you message. I am sure their backend was not ready at that time. Only the UI screens were up.

Submitting third time on Feb 13th, I received a message that my account is migrated successfully. But immediately my service went off. From then on till today there has been no service at all.

Writing emails to them gives either a standard response or some weird ones.

Once it asked me to switch the STB, Refresh my account and keep the channel number on at 149 (DD free) for 15 mins. It went on like that for more than an hour without anything happening

Another of their response was that they have sent a Special command from their end to my STB and my services will resume very soon.

Their email responses comes after two business days.
Their CC number is either busy or kept on hold without any looping audio. After few tries I understood I ain't in any queue.

Seems I have been taken for a royal ride. Have had enough

Jumping on to TS.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks