Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2015, 19:37   #3376
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiecal View Post
You have to write to Paytm to get the amount to reflect in your wallet. They probably believe in the principle that 'if the customer requests, do it, otherwise stay put.
Recently, I was supposed to get a cashback in my wallet 'within 24 hours of delivery'. I waited because this sort of thing happens automatically at Amazon and Flipkart. Nothing happened for days! The cashback was initiated only after prodding.
Hanging on to cash as long as they can seems to be a common tactic.

I had this experience after cancelling an international flight ticket with a popular (MNC) travel portal's co.in site.

They took the cancellation request online, but didn't actually cancel the booking at the airline, so I was technically a no show. Then whenever I called they said "we have escalated to the correct team, please call after 15 days - 1 month and we'll get you a status" etc.

Meanwhile the airline kept assuring me that they would refund the money within two weeks of the travel portal putting in a cancel request.

Also - by some strangeness, the merchant in my credit card transaction was the airline, not the travel portal (though to my knowledge I wasn't redirected to the airline site to buy the ticket, like some portals do)

I had to initiate a cc refund request and even that ran aground in all the confusion. Finally I had to have a lawyer friend send a notice to the portal cc the airline, and my money turned up within two days of their receiving the notice. A full six months after I had initiated the cancellation.
Old 7th June 2015, 19:39   #3377
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
You won't believe the number of calls I had to make for the wrong items I received from shoppersstop. I must have called about 40 times. Know all their staff. Finally got fed up started calling their corporate office from their website board of directors. Next day issue resolution was kicked off and about 10 days later and few more phone calls I got emails that my refund has been initiated.
One needs to dig in and grind away with these moronic sites that really do not know to live up to the standards of sites such as fk, sd,Amazon etc
Most of these websites have no toll free numbers and you have to spend money again on long STD calls. Paytm morons kept me on hold for 15 minutes.
I would trust only Amazon from my experience so far. Even flipkart cheats big time and their standards are going downhill pretty fast. Getting refunds nowadays is becoming a herculean task in most of these websites.

Last edited by poloman : 7th June 2015 at 19:56.
Old 10th June 2015, 23:12   #3378
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Online Shopping Thread

Flipkart's progress: from upmarket book shop to market-stall seller.

But, I have had only had two real problems with them over the past few years of buying, and they did process a recent cancelled-before-despatch refund for me very promptly.
Old 11th June 2015, 10:15   #3379
Senior - BHPian

Anybody tried firstcry.com ?

I made a purchase on this website last week. The order has not been delivered, but the tracking status is showing as delivered.

I tried calling customer care, but it gets disconnected automatically with a message that they will call back. They actually never called back.

I raised a complaint on their website. Also sent an email to their customer care. Waiting for resolution.

firstcry looks like a decent place to shop online, but seems to be let down by their delivery partners.

Rohan
Old 11th June 2015, 11:39   #3380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post

I raised a complaint on their website. Also sent an email to their customer care. Waiting for resolution.
My wife had used them extensively during 2013-14. She was quite happy then with their product range and service.

Quote:
firstcry looks like a decent place to shop online, but seems to be let down by their delivery partners.
Isn't that the story of all e-commerce sites? The usual suspects in the logistics space just don't get it at all.
Old 11th June 2015, 14:08   #3381
BHPian

Quote:

Rohan
Have used First Cry quite a few times and never had a problem. Yes, their delivery isn't at par with Amazon, but neever had aything misplaced.
In fact they picked up a return, as they had sent a smaller size.
Old 11th June 2015, 14:23   #3382
Team-BHP Support

I remember my wife buying a lot of diapers from Firstcry about two-three years back. She never complained.
Old 11th June 2015, 14:30   #3383
BHPian

Quote:
My wife uses first cry exhaustively and have not faced any problems as yet.
Old 11th June 2015, 14:39   #3384
Senior - BHPian

My wife also used to shop from firstcry during 2013-2014 period and had no complaints.

--Anoop
Old 11th June 2015, 15:38   #3385
Senior - BHPian

A possible dampener to the online shopping from overseas - you will be liable to declare all these transactions and have to pay TDS, and be ready to pay fine of 1L if you failed to report the transactions.

Quote:
Do you download software, songs, or movies from the Internet from foreign websites, making payments through Netbanking or credit card? Do you buy goods such as books from global websites, such as eBay Global EasyBuy or Amazon.com? These transactions, along with many others, could now be financially hazardous for you, beginning 1 June 2015. A couple of amendments made in the last budget, which come into effect from 1 June 2015, are likely to cause this problem.

Original article here
PS: Could not edit previous post since edit window elapsed.

--Anoop
Old 11th June 2015, 23:19   #3386
Senior - BHPian

This is utter foolishness.

If I am paying using a credit or debit card, I am using my already taxed income to settle the resultant bill. Now one has to bear an additional tax as the foreign entity will never agree to be taxed in this manner. This then is taxing the already taxed.

Further there is no service being provided here nor is one contracting anyone, it is a straight forward payment for goods purchased.

No one minds declaring such purchases, after all one is using one's own money to buy goods but all these illogical absurdities are just too much.

Also when it comes to declaration the data is already available with the government in the form of customs bill of entries and duty paid records. Further foreign transactions appear under a separate heading in the CC bills and the relevant departments of the government already have complete access to all of our bills. So why does this tech savvy government wants a repetitive process?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
A possible dampener to the online shopping from overseas - you will be liable to declare all these transactions and have to pay TDS, and be ready to pay fine of 1L if you failed to report the transactions.

PS: Could not edit previous post since edit window elapsed.

--Anoop
Old 12th June 2015, 09:26   #3387
Team-BHP Support

Re: VW Polo 1.5L GT TDI - Bay6 Downpipe & Code6 Remap

Post moved from this thread.

Did the dealer pack it well? And label it suitably (Fragile, handle with care)? If he didn't, you should send him the snaps. You didn't pay 3000 odd Rs. to receive this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
But India Post did its thing once again and the item was damaged. Top corner was broken.
I've never had issues with India Post or them damaging any of the consignments I've received so far. And this includes a pair of tail lights, ORVMs and an auto-dimming IRVM.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th June 2015 at 10:23.
Old 12th June 2015, 09:43   #3388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I made a purchase on this website last week. The order has not been delivered, but the tracking status is showing as delivered.
Rohan
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
My wife had used them extensively during 2013-14. She was quite happy then with their product range and service.

Isn't that the story of all e-commerce sites? The usual suspects in the logistics space just don't get it at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Have used First Cry quite a few times and never had a problem. Yes, their delivery isn't at par with Amazon, but neever had aything misplaced.
In fact they picked up a return, as they had sent a smaller size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I remember my wife buying a lot of diapers from Firstcry about two-three years back. She never complained.
Quote:
Originally Posted by varunanb View Post
My wife uses first cry exhaustively and have not faced any problems as yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
My wife also used to shop from firstcry during 2013-2014 period and had no complaints.

--Anoop
Thanks for all the replies guys. Your replies have restored my faith in this website.

Mystery of the missing consignment is also solved, they had delivered the order to the security person in my apartment complex.

I have been regularly shopping at flipkart and amazon and they always deliver at my doorstep. Even my second order at firstcry was delivered at my doorstep. Hence it never occured to me that they would have delivered the package to the security person.

Rohan
Old 12th June 2015, 09:49   #3389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I've never had issues with India Post or them damaging any of the consignments I've received so far.
My experience is the opposite. And this incident just re-inforces the negative impression i have of our postal system. They have stolen 2 pairs of Philips Amber LED bulbs from my parcel which was sent vide "Royal Mail Signed For".
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post3468495

Nothing came out of the written complaint given to India Post. They said they can't do anything in the end. Also got a mail from them stating this and complaint was closed. My Rs.7000/- would have been lost if the vendor didn't refund it to me.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post3471892

So this time i opened the package in front of the post master and have it in writing from them that it was damaged at the time of delivery.
Old 12th June 2015, 09:52   #3390
Team-BHP Support

You didn't answer this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Did the dealer pack it well? And label it suitably (Fragile, handle with care)?
Did the dealer use sufficient bubble wraps/foam peanuts and pack it in a sufficiently rigid cardboard box?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks