Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2015, 18:23   #4306
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Just found this new shopping site. Looks interesting but don't know. Stuff available for Rs.1.

Anybody try this yet?

link : http://www.mysmartprice.com/

Steps to Avail Happy Hour Deals:
*Step 1: Add our Chrome Extension to vote for the deal you want. Click here to add Chrome Extension http://goo.gl/cLDxug
*Step 2: Buy the most voted deals on every Sunday from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM.
*Step 3: Make Payment for the entire amount of the product mentioned on the partner websites
*Step 4: After purchase fill this google form to claim the entire Cashback for the purchase - https://goo.gl/VfCoU1
Terms & Conditions:
*Only MySmartPrice is responsible for giving the Cashback Amount in your Bank Account for your purchase.
*Offer is only valid till stock lasts.
*Cashback can be availed only for 1 product per user in happy hours
*Once we confirm you haven't cancelled the order we will credit cashback directly to your Bank account within 4 Weeks.
*In case any fraudulent activity by user is found, you will not be eligible for any cashback.
*For any queries write to us at happyhour@mysmartprice.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnyBoy View Post
Looks suspicious. No idea about this website, whether genuine or not. But 4 weeks for cashback and filling a google form with bank account details don't give a good feeling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Did some research. They are funded by Accel so probably have a viable business plan. Risk is your's, of course.

http://www.medianama.com/2015/07/223...0m-investment/
I think they are pretty well known to the eshoppers. Only thing I am not sure of is whether they really sell anything of their own. As far as I know they are kind of aggregators. They collate the best of deals available across the web and list those. They also mail you a digest if you are on their mailing lists. I have saved a few bucks from time to time when their heads-up to me about a deal matched my requirements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Can you share the link. I can't see it in the app.
Here you go.

By the way, you can also pick up a WD Elements 1TB at all inc. Rs.3898 and a Toshiba Canvio Basic 2TB for 5599 from Snapdeal. And here is the kicker. The same Seagate 1TB was available for 3499 at Croma online till yesterday.

Last edited by Zappo : 19th November 2015 at 18:29.
Old 19th November 2015, 19:01   #4307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
I can't see it in the app listing but it is listed as a lightning deal. Approx 4419 on the main page but at 3950 when you go to the product page.
Yes - a lightning deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
And here is the kicker. The same Seagate 1TB was available for 3499 at Croma online till yesterday.
Croma ?!! Never expected them to give deals ..
Old 19th November 2015, 19:31   #4308
BANNED

Got a Mastech MAS830L Multimeter from Amazon for 540 bucks.

Ordered it on 16th evening (5pm) and got the delivery today morning at 10 am. That's good speed as I had selected normal delivery.

The Online Shopping Thread-img_20151119_190028.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-img_20151119_190232.jpg
Old 20th November 2015, 06:28   #4309
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Seagate backup plus 1TB available on Amazon for 3949 right now.
I got one at Croma for Rs 4100. Physical retail store.
Well worth it.
Old 20th November 2015, 10:23   #4310
Senior - BHPian

Anyone know where we can get a hydrometer - for brewing purposes. I think the range should be within 0.999 and 1.200. I can only see some pricey ones online.
Old 20th November 2015, 10:39   #4311
Team-BHP Support

Has any one used the website ratetorate.in for purchasing computer peripherals? Their prices are very cheap, not sure whether they are legit.

Scam Adviser says they are ok: http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/ratetorate.in
Old 20th November 2015, 12:46   #4312
Team-BHP Support

Rate to Rate is a typical Nehru Place business establishment but may be the newer gen who are now running the show are more computer savvy and hence their presence on the web. All Nehru Place rates for comp peripherals are like that. However, outside of NCR how efective they will be in dispatch, tracking and delivery is something you will have to try out once.

Generally, they are all very trustworthy because business there runs on trust to a good extent, just like Lamington Road in Mumbai where old customers keep going back to their fixed shops only.

EDIT: I just finished checking their rates on some of the items that I purchased recently or delved into. I failed to find any price advantage for individual pieces as listed on the website. They came out far costlier on each of the items I checked. Won't know if the prices will be lesser if bought in bulk.

Last edited by Zappo : 20th November 2015 at 12:52.
Old 20th November 2015, 13:22   #4313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Croma ?!! Never expected them to give deals ..
Croma online gives some superb deals - I brought my Kobo eBook reader for less than half of MRP (from the Croma eBay store) and 2 of my friends have got similar deals from Croma online later.

They also allow in store pick up - you pay the deal price online and then go to store and pick up.

--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 20th November 2015 at 13:30.
Old 21st November 2015, 10:29   #4314
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by leprechaun View Post
Gannu of its not too much trouble where did you source the Toyota damper?
From eBay US. Got it shipped to a friend's address there. He will be carrying them for me when he's coming here.
Old 21st November 2015, 10:42   #4315
BHPian

Hoping there is some seller out there who's shipping it to India, otherwise I'll have to do the same then. Thanks Gannu.
Old 21st November 2015, 11:01   #4316
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
EDIT: I just finished checking their rates on some of the items that I purchased recently or delved into. I failed to find any price advantage for individual pieces as listed on the website. They came out far costlier on each of the items I checked. Won't know if the prices will be lesser if bought in bulk.
I found a Cisco switch I wanted pretty cheap there. Anyway, I found my regular vendor was charging mere 500 over it, so I ordered locally.
Old 21st November 2015, 12:55   #4317
Senior - BHPian

I have seen some China based sellers on ebay.com who deliver internationally, even India, with nominal delivery charges. How does this work. Will there be additional charges at customs? I'm talking of products priced around $20 - $50
Old 23rd November 2015, 15:45   #4318
Senior - BHPian

A little OT.

I am looking for any website that lets you know of any flight deals like the one AirAsia ran a month or so ago.

Where you can receive an e-Mail should any operator announce a discount sale. Anyone has any in mind?
Old 23rd November 2015, 16:50   #4319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
A little OT.

I am looking for any website that lets you know of any flight deals like the one AirAsia ran a month or so ago.

Where you can receive an e-Mail should any operator announce a discount sale. Anyone has any in mind?
desidime.com
For all deals - online or offline
Old 23rd November 2015, 19:10   #4320
BHPian

Got these carbon fibre door lock covers from aliexpress, these subtle changes are really cool when noticed! The fit is nice and tight, has a very reassuring click when installed.
The Online Shopping Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1448285981.103781.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks