Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2013, 09:40   #571
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Placed an order at Ebay.com (not .in) for a Cell Phone. The phone is shipped from Hongkong. I have been told it should get to me by 15-20 Business Days.

Any experiences of TBHPians buying from Ebay.com?
Old 25th June 2013, 10:57   #572
BHPian

I once bought a display screen for my camera. The seller from Hongkong seperately mailed me after placing the order saying it would take upto a month for the delivery and whether I would like to proceed with the order. I confirmed the order and it was delivered in 2 weeks.
Old 25th June 2013, 11:23   #573
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
More details please?
Purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with 15% cashback offer. Its been more than a month now, I haven't received the promised cashback yet. Have had chats with their CC ~ 50 times & sent ~ the same no. of mails. What I get in return is false promises only. Recently they've started denying that they ran any such offer. So Im contemplating sending them a legal notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar View Post
I don't understand why they take so long to ship! But it's still promising to hear that you received your order

Weren't flipkart the benchmark? What went wrong?!
Guess they procure stuff from the vendors after receiving orders. My recent experiences of order delivery & refunds have been good so far with them.

Stated the Flipkart experience above, had another one where the FKL courier did not take my signatures while delivering a product. The order amount was >50k. This again had me shocked!
Old 25th June 2013, 13:06   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
What's the time frame for 'lately'? I have purchased few 32 inch TVs, watches going to 10k, even mobiles from indiatimes for past 1 year. Every time the order reached perfectly. If there was any delay from their promised date of delivery, I'd get a call, or if I raised a complaint there would be a flurry of calls to address the matter.

Besides, they have paid the octroi every time, so that saved a great amount of money. Shipping is not as fast as some other, but not as slow as some make it out to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Well well, it appears that indiatimes have improved lately after my sundry experiences wherein they cancelled the order without intimation and took their own sweet time to refund the amount. Everytime, each CC guy comes into picture.

Atleast for me the good news appears to be Amazon.in has launched today "Electronics" section. Will explore it
They've changed their website layout too. They're finally waking up to the competition! Hope they're good as their deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post

Guess they procure stuff from the vendors after receiving orders. My recent experiences of order delivery & refunds have been good so far with them.

Stated the Flipkart experience above, had another one where the FKL courier did not take my signatures while delivering a product. The order amount was >50k. This again had me shocked!
Its been two days and they still haven't shipped the phone. Estimated delivery date is 6th july (placed the order on the 23rd), which is ludicrous.
Old 27th June 2013, 18:46   #575
BHPian

SnapDeal - Whats the deal?

I recently placed a order on snapdeal.com for some odd stuff. My order contained a AntiRust spray from Nulon for Rs 300.
The package i received had two car freshners in it with the invoice for the Antirust spray.
Since they managed to pack the invoice properly it cannot be a case of misplaced parcel.

I filled up the snapdeal customer contact form in the site, with a "Wrong Item Received" tag. I promptly received an email within an hour, with the details of my complaint and that someone will contact me in 48 hours.

After 48 hours, i sent a email to their helpdesk help@snapdeal.com and i have'nt got a response yet.

Its more than 3 days now and i have not received any communication from Snapdeal.

Now comes the scary part. I tried calling their 24x7 contact number +91 92126 92126. It gets forwarded to some other number and the call simply gets disconnected.

Can someone please let me know how to handle this issue?
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-snapdeal.jpg  

Old 27th June 2013, 18:56   #576
Senior - BHPian

Re: SnapDeal - Whats the deal?

ouch. recently ordered a couple of hella lights and stuff from snapdeal. did not have a problem as such.

keep persisting is the only way perhaps? post on their fb page as well
Old 27th June 2013, 21:26   #577
Distinguished - BHPian

I have got wrong stuff from Snapdeal, but they have been quick to respond & resolve the issue.
Old 27th June 2013, 22:34   #578
Senior - BHPian

One of my friend ordered a mixer grinder (don't ask me why he did it)from snap deal. The product was delivered within two days, but boy was he in for a shock when he opened the package. It was a used piece and they had not even bothered to clean the marks and stains on the mixer before delivering the product.

What ensued was a month long struggle to get the refund. His wife complained on snapdeal FB page and they used to get deleted. Calls to customer service were not answered. He finally visited their office in Bangalore, spoke to a manager there and got this resolved. I guess, these guys are not here for the long run and are only here to make a quick buck, better stay away from them.
Old 28th June 2013, 09:16   #579
Senior - BHPian

Kash thanks for posting this. I have had no bad experiences from snapdeal before but thanks for the warning with regard to the pathetic service you have got until now. It'll make me think before i place another order with them. Its not possible for me to visit their Bangalore office to get things right, so if their customer service doesn't help then that's the end of line.
Old 28th June 2013, 09:47   #580
BHPian

My first experience turned out to be bad.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post3135514

It took roughly 2 months for them to resolve the issue.

Will NEVER visit snapdeal again.
Old 28th June 2013, 09:55   #581
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the inputs, guys.
Good that we now have amazon.in
Old 28th June 2013, 10:05   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
The product was delivered within two days, but boy was he in for a shock when he opened the package. It was a used piece and they had not even bothered to clean the marks and stains on the mixer before delivering the product.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
My first experience turned out to be bad.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post3135514

It took roughly 2 months for them to resolve the issue.

Will NEVER visit snapdeal again.
I recently ordered a Formula 1 wax & shampoo and received it okay but these are horror stories. Definitely looking to avoid them now.
Thanks for sharing.
Old 28th June 2013, 13:17   #583
BHPian

Ordered several stuff and didn't face any issues.

One of my recent orders was a school backpack, which was one size smaller than the advertised. I wrote an email to the customer service, and two days later, the delivery boy came and collected the bag, and after two days, my account was credited.

I would say write an email and see how it goes.
Old 28th June 2013, 14:46   #584
BHPian

I have been ordering automotive stuff from snapdeal pretty frequently over the past few months. So far all my orders were promptly received and in good packing state. In fact my last order for jopasu microfibers was delivered within 24 hours and that too on a Sunday. But will keep the feedback in mind.

Wish amazon india starts expanding its offering soon.
Old 28th June 2013, 14:55   #585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Thanks for the inputs, guys.
Good that we now have amazon.in
But why cant they ship Lightforce to India.

There is not a single store that I can find Lforce shipped to India.

Price for Blitz 240 in UAE is 1600DHS and its a steal. Wish it were this price in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks