Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2013, 09:59   #3721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineetmanghani View Post

Looking for any feedback, experiences and reviews that can help me decide on which machine to buy.

Thanks in advance!!
I have the Samsung and so does my brother. Works great, never had to call for support, been three years now. It just runs. I had the IFB prior for about ten years and it started failing the last 3-4 years of its life. I think the 5 year model should be good enough as the remaining parts will start giving you grief anyway, depends on the price difference in my opinion.
Also check Croma if they provide additional warranty post the initial two years.
Old 3rd July 2013, 13:04   #3722
BHPian

Guys,
I need RO water purifier for my parents.
I saw kent Grand Plus and Livpure touch plus from luminous.
Both costs 14900 INR.
Does anybody have experience with livpure from luminous?
External filter is free with livpure.
Old 3rd July 2013, 14:01   #3723
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineetmanghani View Post
Hi All,

I'm in the market for a front loading, fully automatic Washing Maching. Budget is 20-23k.

Went to Total Mall on Old Airport Road and took a look at the base models on offer.

Saw the following machines:

- Samsung 5.5 Kg WF8558QMW8 Front Loading Washing Machine

- Samsung 5.5 Kg WF550B0BKWQ/TL Front Loading Washing Machine

- LG 5.5 Kg F8091MD2 Front Loading Washing Machine

The prices are +/- 500 rupees at the max between the various stores and websites, so it's not that big a deal.

The first model I've listed has a 5 year warranty on the motor, and the other 2 have 10 year motor warranty. The machine has a 2 year warranty for all models.

Looking for any feedback, experiences and reviews that can help me decide on which machine to buy.

Thanks in advance!!
Hey, I would recommend LG without batting an eyelid. Have had over 10 LG Products the latest one being the LG Washing machine (front loading) My two cents of advice, always buy from a retail store and negotiate hard. The one I purchased had a mrp of 53K, was retailing at around 45 and I bought it for 38.
Old 3rd July 2013, 14:30   #3724
Distinguished - BHPian

Am wondering what are good fans to buy for the house at this point. Any recommendations on brands, variants and price?
Old 3rd July 2013, 14:37   #3725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Am wondering what are good fans to buy for the house at this point. Any recommendations on brands, variants and price?
Havells 5 star. 1600 Rs. 50 watts power consumption.
Get step type regulators installed for best possible efficiency.
Old 3rd July 2013, 16:21   #3726
Senior - BHPian

After bidding good bye to my 10+ year old IFB, I have bought the LG 6kg machine. Excellent service.

Please note that the LG machines have much less volume for a given load compared to the European machines. Hence if you are used to the European machines get 6kg or 7kg models.
Old 3rd July 2013, 17:59   #3727
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Last year I shifted in my new flat. I purchased 7 Havells fans, 4 designer fans and 3 plain white. The 3 plain white fans were branded 'Pacer' which costed about 1650/- per fan. MRP was 1695/-. The 4 designer fans were priced at about 2350/- rupees. I got them for 2300/- each.
The Pacer fans are really fast. More so, I was impressed with the blade balance of the fans. I would recommend Havells to you too.

Regards,
Saket
Old 3rd July 2013, 18:09   #3728
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
Havells 5 star. 1600 Rs. 50 watts power consumption.
I need to install them separately? These step type regulators?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Last year I shifted in my new flat. I purchased 7 Havells fans, 4 designer fans and 3 plain white. The 3 plain white fans were branded 'Pacer' which costed about 1650/- per fan. MRP was 1695/-. The 4 designer fans were priced at about 2350/- rupees. I got them for 2300/- each.
The Pacer fans are really fast. More so, I was impressed with the blade balance of the fans. I would recommend Havells to you too.

Regards,
Saket
I think Havell's seem to be the crowd favorite. Don't wanna spend a lot too.
Old 3rd July 2013, 19:21   #3729
BHPian

Quote:

I need to install them separately? These step type regulators?.
Dont use the dimmer type or big regulators that come with fans.nowdays most fans come without them anyway.

This is a simple step type regulator.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130703_192250.png
Views: 674
Size:  357.6 KB
Old 4th July 2013, 00:34   #3730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post

Hey, I would recommend LG without batting an eyelid. Have had over 10 LG Products the latest one being the LG Washing machine (front loading) My two cents of advice, always buy from a retail store and negotiate hard. The one I purchased had a mrp of 53K, was retailing at around 45 and I bought it for 38.
That's awesome negotiating! Which store was this? I've never got more than 1k from Croma. Bought a Dishwasher about 8-9 months back...
Old 4th July 2013, 10:02   #3731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post

Could you please PM me the contacts of this person. I went around b'lore to get one of this kind, but could not. Any pointers about getting this item in b'lore would be helpful.

The Water board would not have any issues with what you do with the line inside your premises. They are concerned only until the water measurement meter.
I have found a filter that is recommended to be fit to the overhead tanks supply down to filter worms and silt. See attached. Supposed to be imported. Anyone used anything similar? Am interested to know how much it affects water flow...
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-image816743044.jpg  

The Home Appliance thread-image1962016513.jpg  

Old 4th July 2013, 10:38   #3732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I know charcoal ones are great with taste having tried my hand at this while on a road trip. But you know the issues when staying in an apartment. I have a big balcony, so was looking at an electric one.

Any reviews on the Philips table top one?
I am also staying in apartment and want to buy a Charcoal based one. My kitchen has an extension (wash area) which is free, i am planning to use that area instead of Balcony. Will that be ok for a Charcoal based one or any issues? Any specific precaution should i take care?

Also, can i buy charcoal online? I am in staying in Chennai, i haven't seen charcoals in any of the super markets (like Nilgiris) which i generally go.
Old 4th July 2013, 11:03   #3733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
I am also staying in apartment and want to buy a Charcoal based one. My kitchen has an extension (wash area) which is free, i am planning to use that area instead of Balcony. Will that be ok for a Charcoal based one or any issues? Any specific precaution should i take care?

Also, can i buy charcoal online? I am in staying in Chennai, i haven't seen charcoals in any of the super markets (like Nilgiris) which i generally go.
If you have any one who does ironing in your neighbourhood (here in Delhi they use charcoal heated irons), you can ask them where they get charcoal from.

Or get them from Webber
http://www.weberindia.com/accessorie...aspx?pid=99007

http://www.naaptol.com/kitchen-tools...P/5364394.html
Old 4th July 2013, 12:09   #3734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
If you have any one who does ironing in your neighbourhood (here in Delhi they use charcoal heated irons), you can ask them where they get charcoal from.

Or get them from Webber
http://www.weberindia.com/accessorie...aspx?pid=99007

http://www.naaptol.com/kitchen-tools...P/5364394.html
Thanks for the detail.
Old 4th July 2013, 13:10   #3735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
I am not sure about the power saving part of the "step" regulators, but I am not happy with their non-linear power delivery. I have crabtree electronic step regulators at home, coupled with (mostly) Havells fans. The fans rotate really slow in Steps 1, 2 and then they really take-off in steps 3, 4. I don't see much difference in steps 3 and 4. All my regulators were manufactured may be 7...8yr ago.

Have these regulators improved recently, in terms of linear power delivery? If yes, I would replace them enmasse. I definitely need to.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks