Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2013, 11:27   #3871
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

What washing machine to buy ? I am getting confused after reading everything .

->Siemens looks like a good product , but the reviews on mouth shut up scares me .
-->I am getting mixed responses about LG's direct drive technology .
-->Is bosch a good buy ?
-->Any reviews on Samsung ?

What about service ? Please help .
Old 22nd August 2013, 11:37   #3872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
->Siemens looks like a good product , but the reviews on mouth shut up scares me .
-->I am getting mixed responses about LG's direct drive technology .
-->Is bosch a good buy ?
-->Any reviews on Samsung ?
My 2 cents
Siemens washing is indeed good but it service is costly. I am using it from last 9.5 years but spent around 2K and 3.5K for service. They change whole part if faulty and parts are at higher side
My sister in law uses LG from ast 3 yrs and it is doing good. I feel service for LG mush be cheaper than all.
Old 22nd August 2013, 14:53   #3873
Senior - BHPian

I prefer LG as they have a longer warranty compared to Samsung, 10 years vs 5 years.
Old 22nd August 2013, 16:53   #3874
Distinguished - BHPian

really ten years? Or something like "motor guaranteed for ten years," which is meaningless when the rest of the machine has fallen to pieces.

Assuming I can continue to prevent it from committing suicide by flinging itself onto the floor, I shall be very happily surprised to get ten years life out of my LG. I wouldn't necessarily expect it of any washing machine short of a Miele, which I once heard were engineered for a 25 year life, and priced accordingly.
Old 22nd August 2013, 17:23   #3875
BHPian

We are using an IFB T2600 since 1994. Apart from the outer body panels which were replaced by the ASS in 2006 because of rusting (it was kept in a bathroom previously, we now have a separate laundry room) which cost around Rs. 4,500/-, we haven't spent a single penny on the machine. It's been 19 years and it's still going strong.
Old 22nd August 2013, 19:54   #3876
Senior - BHPian

Even our IFB gave us 10 years, with two motor and one drum replacement. Finally got an LG as the body had started rusting.
Old 22nd August 2013, 20:28   #3877
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh well... that puts my theory to shame.
Old 22nd August 2013, 21:54   #3878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
I prefer LG as they have a longer warranty compared to Samsung, 10 years vs 5 years.
LG provides two year warranty, ten years is only for the motor.
Old 22nd August 2013, 22:21   #3879
BHPian

In an OTG, when you open the door, does the timer stop? Asking this coz i see instructions like this in recipes - "while grilling, mid way during cooking time, turn meat over in the rack for even cooking". so am wondering, if i open the OTG door at half way mark, will the timer stop and restart when i close the door? if not, what is the right method to follow such instructions?
Old 22nd August 2013, 23:27   #3880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
In an OTG, when you open the door, does the timer stop? Asking this coz i see instructions like this in recipes - "while grilling, mid way during cooking time, turn meat over in the rack for even cooking". so am wondering, if i open the OTG door at half way mark, will the timer stop and restart when i close the door? if not, what is the right method to follow such instructions?
Our OTG has a mechanical timer. However I doubt if it will restart even if digital. My microwave pauses and restarts when door closes and I press the start button
Old 23rd August 2013, 11:41   #3881
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishab.k View Post
LG provides two year warranty, ten years is only for the motor.
That is correct. Motor warranty is for 10 years - and that too is not the case for entry level models.

Rest of the machine comes with 2 year warranty only and perhaps more likely to fail after 2 years

I purchased an LG last month and it comes with the 10 year motor warranty. There was another model, which was cheaper by about Rs. 2000 and that did not have the 10 year motor warranty. Sorry, I cannot recollect the model now.
Old 23rd August 2013, 12:29   #3882
Senior - BHPian

The installers from LG will sell you additional warranty of 6 years for the rest of the machine. Here again there are two types, option 1. covers certain specific parts and option 2.covers the machine in it's totality. LG customer service will also call you around the time the first year of ownership approaches with the offer to buy the additional warranty. With this the complete machine is covered for 8 years and the motor for 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
That is correct. Motor warranty is for 10 years - and that too is not the case for entry level models.

Rest of the machine comes with 2 year warranty only and perhaps more likely to fail after 2 years

I purchased an LG last month and it comes with the 10 year motor warranty. There was another model, which was cheaper by about Rs. 2000 and that did not have the 10 year motor warranty. Sorry, I cannot recollect the model now.
Old 25th August 2013, 19:51   #3883
BHPian

Bought a Saumsung RT60KZRSL on 11th Aug at Ezone (HomeTown) in Ishanya mall. The same evening a beep sound started every 1 min. Talked to Sumsung support who sent a person next day. He did something and said issue resolve but it reoccured. He came again 2 days later and said that he will put in a request to replace the fridge. Got a call that the repalcement will be sent withing 10 days. I was ok with that. A week after that I got a call from Samsung saying that they will refund my money as they do not have a replacement. Haven't received the money though.
Strange that a company like Samsung is willing to refund customer money rather than offer some other model or provide a replacement.
Old 26th August 2013, 01:34   #3884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheelz View Post
Bought a Saumsung RT60KZRSL on 11th Aug at Ezone (HomeTown) in Ishanya mall. The same evening a beep sound started every 1 min. Talked to Sumsung support who sent a person next day. He did something and said issue resolve but it reoccured. He came again 2 days later and said that he will put in a request to replace the fridge. Got a call that the repalcement will be sent withing 10 days. I was ok with that. A week after that I got a call from Samsung saying that they will refund my money as they do not have a replacement. Haven't received the money though.
Strange that a company like Samsung is willing to refund customer money rather than offer some other model or provide a replacement.
I would appreciate that they are taking it back with minimal fuss. You can pick another model yourself. It's a bummer, but on the bright side, lucky it happened so early in your purchase window.
Old 29th August 2013, 19:34   #3885
BHPian

Guys I am confused between IFB and Bosch washing machines. Although I have an IFB curently running since 15 years,but have heard the quality of IFB has deteriorated and is not what it used to be. Hows Bosch ? Is anyone using it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks