Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2013, 19:43   #3931
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

I had a similar problem with my Whirlpool 400L, but in my case the heater coil thermostat (this is separate from the temperature thermostat) had burn out. It was replaced for 2k. In case your refrigerator continues to function properly; that is there is no frost in the freezer; continue with it, as the resale value is between 1-2K max.
Old 14th September 2013, 20:52   #3932
BANNED

How's Haier as compared to LG in refrigerators ? Haier offering 12 year warranty v/s 5 years of LG.
Old 14th September 2013, 22:24   #3933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
How's Haier as compared to LG in refrigerators ? Haier offering 12 year warranty v/s 5 years of LG.
I hope it is common knowledge that Haier is Chinese, sounds German to many though'!!

Take a knowledgable decision
Old 20th September 2013, 10:24   #3934
BHPian

I just got the Best of Seimens Washing Machine WM14S790GC - 8kg -German Made.
Bought it at a steal deal just before the price rise/correction due to rupee fall.

Amazing piece of techology with fantastic results
Old 20th September 2013, 10:48   #3935
BHPian

hi all, I am in the market for a couple of split ACs. I am keen to go for one which has good air cleaning/filtration qualities.

For starters, I cannot figure whether the claims by the manufacturers is all marketing gimmicks or whether there is any weight to them. Please share your experience and recommendations.
Old 20th September 2013, 11:35   #3936
BANNED

@aditya; Go for good and simple ones, no gizmos. Make sure they are Inverter, R410a, and use copper coils.
Old 20th September 2013, 18:46   #3937
BHPian

Friends,
Really appreciate- Any quick take on Eureka forbes Euroclean range vacuum cleaners? Among the models:
1. Star, 2. XForce or 3. Xtreme, which will be a better choice? (budget limits to these)
A comparison:
http://www.eurekaforbes.com/Products...ctIds=36,40,38

My understanding is Star is an older model(so may be more predictable/reliable) and other 2 are rather new. I am told they can give lifetime free maintenance (spares do cost) for these too.
Both X models specs say they have more suction, blow & power. Xtreme is heavier.
Dont want to go for wet and dry model. Dont want to for a lower model Bravo since it might be too small for house cleaning.

I have asked for person for demo in couple of days. My preference goes in order 3>2>1
The guy is pushing Star though, and giving at certain discount too.

What is this car wash adapter as given in leaflet?
Old 20th September 2013, 20:54   #3938
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePunter View Post
Friends,
Really appreciate- Any quick take on Eureka forbes Euroclean range vacuum cleaners?
Just out of curiosity - why are you getting a vacuum cleaner - if you don't mind me asking.
Old 20th September 2013, 21:24   #3939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Just out of curiosity - why are you getting a vacuum cleaner - if you don't mind me asking.
Dust!! too much of it... on window nets, sofas, shelves, equipments and wires, car interiors... What not? Whenever I get to set these right I go on sneezing marathon. Suction instead of dusting havoc should benefit. Floors and such - may be once a while not regularly. There is some difference in opinion also though- better half says the unit itself (was) picking dust in her parents house. Okay.. wassup?

Last edited by ThePunter : 20th September 2013 at 21:52.
Old 20th September 2013, 21:30   #3940
BHPian

Quote:
There is some difference in opinion also though- better half says the unit itself (was) picking dust in her parents house. Okay.. wassup?
+100. Ours is doing the same, back home in B'lore. We might have used it 5-10 times at max in our almost 10+ years of ownership.
Old 23rd September 2013, 13:49   #3941
BHPian

Quote:
Dust!! too much of it... on window nets, sofas, shelves, equipments and wires, car interiors... What not? Whenever I get to set these right I go on sneezing marathon. Suction instead of dusting havoc should benefit. Floors and such - may be once a while not regularly. There is some difference in opinion also though- better half says the unit itself (was) picking dust in her parents house. Okay.. wassup?
Even though our vac also picks dust most of the time, but still there are some situations where a vaccum cleaner turns out to be the best (most effective & convenient) option. Like sucking out dust/small debris from unreachable nooks & corners, cleaning the sliding window channels and cleaning upholstery that cannot be washed. We do use it atleast once a month.
Our LG 1400Watt unit has been running fine since last 6-7 years.
Old 23rd September 2013, 14:31   #3942
Distinguished - BHPian

Add to that cleaning dust from mosquito window nets. Yes, they are, indeed useful things.
Old 23rd September 2013, 14:45   #3943
BANNED

What about a hand vacuum? Aren't they good enough for these tasks?
Old 23rd September 2013, 15:11   #3944
BANNED

Let me state two things:

1. It is a common trick of vacuum salesmen to have you vacuum your carpet with your existing unit, and they run their own (with a clean bag) ans show you that there is dust!

2. I bought a very early hand held unit -Dustbuster in 1989-90. It was a wet/dry unit. Worked nicely for about four years when the battery packed up (normal for that time). Modern batteries are better. They work very nicely for local spills and accidents but are no substitute for regular vacuum units. I say go for a wet/dry unit with possibly a carpet shampoo attachment (if they still exist).
Old 29th September 2013, 11:43   #3945
BHPian

My PC is gathering loads of dust and there is very little i can do about it, being very lazy and also the prospect of dismantling my desktop to give it a proper dust off is not very encouraging. Some places electronics are also difficult to clean but a blower can do it very easily.

Now that i've some self-justified acquiring a vacuum cleaner, i am confused whether to go for eureka forbes model or black & decker one. There is also a comparable panasonic product to further add to my confusion!
http://www.flipkart.com/panasonic-mc...1-86b05fd6c2b8
http://www.flipkart.com/black-decker...2-a8b4e1530191
http://www.flipkart.com/eureka-forbe...1-86b05fd6c2b8

I like the black & decker but am apprehensive of service centre availability. My primary requirement is the blower function.
Budget is limited to 4k. No way can i spend more than that for a family of one! Already have a eureka forbes back at home which is gathering even more dust as i speak.
Which of the above would be a good buy?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks