Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2008, 15:02   #2686
BHPian

Hey guys, needed some help. My cousin got me a Canon EOS 400D from Aussie Land. I am having some problems with the pictures.
The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.-img0535as1.jpg

As you can see in the pic, the black I dont know what to name it as, just keeps on coming in all the pictures. I read the entire manual also checked the online FAQ's but couldnt find anything about it. Can anyone please tell me what is it and why its happening ? And if there is a problem, where can I get it done in Mumbai.

Last edited by AnniHilat0R : 31st July 2008 at 15:04.
Old 31st July 2008, 15:13   #2687
Senior - BHPian

There's something either inside the lens or on the sensor itself.
Old 31st July 2008, 15:14   #2688
Team-BHP Support

Remove the lens and see if there is something stuck to it. If not, try with another lens, if its not a lens issue, you could need to canon authorized service center
Old 31st July 2008, 15:40   #2689
Senior - BHPian

If you are buying cameras from Dubai, the official distributor will be more expensive than your prices in India.

Go to Al Falak Electronics, a small shop next to Jumbo Electronics at the ground floor of City Centre, Deira. This is exactly opposite the taxi queue (at the moment - everything changes in Dubai so dont blame me if the taxi queue is elsewhere when you visit).

He will give you genuine stuff at close to Singapore prices (obviously at a slight premium for his costs / profit). Else the best place to buy Cameras is Singapore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarun View Post
Guys,

I am in a hunt for Digital camera. Shorlty one of my cousins is flying from Dubai, he's advised me to visit Jumbo Electronics Company Dubai UAE - the largest distributor of consumer electronics and technology products in Dubai and in all over UAE ( United Arab Emirates )
Do you think having it from Dubai will be cheaper and of better quality, if yes, is there any other site which has the best rates from Dubai ? Below are the approx price for the models that I shorlisted :

1) Fujifilm S8100 FD Price is 1599/- Dhs. Approx around 18550/- INR
2) Nikon P 80 Price is 1999/- Dhs. Approx around 23200/- INR
3) Panasonic F – 18 the Price is 1899/- Dhs. Approx around 22030/- INR

What will be the approx. price for these here with decent service backup ? I am located in delhi. And do mention if there are other models of similar range.

Pls. advise

Thanks,
Tarun.
Old 31st July 2008, 15:48   #2690
BHPian

Looks like a big piece of dust is stuck on the sensor or the back of the lens..Remove the lens from the mount and check the inside for any dust ... If the lens is clean then its the sensor. Enable sensor cleaning mode in the settings menu and the mirror will lockup...you can see the sensor now. Use a blower to remove the dust particle(be very careful while doing this and make sure the battery is charged)...If the dust particle is very tiny and doesnt go away then you may try this method CCD / CMOS Cleaning Photo Gallery by Nicholas R. at pbase.com or you may get your sensor cleaned at the service center.. The Sensor is very fragile and be very careful while cleaning it..Good luck.

Last edited by aah78 : 1st August 2008 at 21:01. Reason: COLOR tags removed.
Old 31st July 2008, 17:58   #2691
BHPian

I have Sony DSC L1, when I take pictures in certain mode which it doesn't use flash, but process the image for 2-3 seconds, that time the output is very good, however the photos looks shaken. Do you guys use any freeware software to remove those shakes to a certain limit.
Old 31st July 2008, 21:12   #2692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
I have Sony DSC L1, when I take pictures in certain mode which it doesn't use flash, but process the image for 2-3 seconds, that time the output is very good, however the photos looks shaken. Do you guys use any freeware software to remove those shakes to a certain limit.
there's no software, but a hardware called tripod which you need use while taking the snap. of course, only if the subject is static.
Old 31st July 2008, 21:40   #2693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
It doesn't process the image for 2-3 seconds... essentially the shutter is open for 2-3 seconds. If you are hand holding a camera, its impossible to get a proper image with a 2-3 sec shutter speed. You need to place it on a tripod and then take it. If you are taking pictures of people, they should not move for the duration the shutter is open. Not following this will lead to some interesting results .
Old 31st July 2008, 21:49   #2694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
If you are taking pictures of people, they should not move for the duration the shutter is open. Not following this will lead to some interesting results .
Something like this eh ?
Attached Thumbnails
The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.-2135213646_0a17f56436_b-small.jpg  

Old 1st August 2008, 10:09   #2695
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
There's something either inside the lens or on the sensor itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_bhp View Post
Looks like a big piece of dust is stuck on the sensor or the back of the lens.. The Sensor is very fragile and be very careful while cleaning it..Good luck.
could it be something on the mirror? does not the 400D have a mirror instead of a prisim?
Old 1st August 2008, 10:55   #2696
Team-BHP Support

Navin, if something is on the mirror it will not appear in photographs, only on viewfinder.
Old 1st August 2008, 12:28   #2697
Senior - BHPian

Yup anything on the mirror won't be in the optical path when the shot is taken as the mirror retracts.
Old 1st August 2008, 20:06   #2698
BHPian

Hey guys, thanks for all the suggestions. Will I did remove the lens and check for dust, but nothing in it. Tried another lens, same issue. I also did try the sensor cleaning, but it didnt work. Still the issue exists. Should I take it down to some Canon Service Centre ?
Old 2nd August 2008, 08:27   #2699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Navin, if something is on the mirror it will not appear in photographs, only on viewfinder.
If you read my post carefully I mentioned that the mirror will lockup when sensor cleaning mode is enabled, exposing the sensor (this shud be done with the lens removed). If the camera is not in sensor cleaning mode the mirror blocks the sensor hiding it behind..Here are some pics for you to show what I mean..
The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.-mirror-unlocked-medium.jpg

Name:  sensor cleaning Medium.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  66.8 KB

The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.-mirror-locked-medium.jpg

Here's one of my pic taken with a dust particle stuck on my sensor...

The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.-_mg_8153-medium.jpg
Old 2nd August 2008, 11:02   #2700
Team-BHP Support

Navin_bhp, i was replying to navin, not you

Annhilator, you better head to Canon service center

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks