Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2015, 14:35   #5356
BHPian

Please help me choose between nikon s7000, sony wx220 and wx350.
Camera will mainly be used for general photography and making videos for youtube
Old 19th September 2015, 12:17   #5357
BHPian

Re: The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.

went for the canon powershot sx610 hx for rs.11595 from reliance digital. here are my views on it

video recording and zoom test
Old 4th October 2015, 20:43   #5358
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Looking to buy a point & shoot camera with good features,good picture quality,good zoom & easy to use.I have shortlisted the below 2 camera's:

- Nikon Coolpix S7000 retailing for around 11k
- Canon Powershot SX610 retailing for around 16k

Which among the two is the best? Or is there any other camera in the market which betters the above 2 camera's mentioned?
Old 15th October 2015, 19:37   #5359
BHPian

What would be an ideal upgrade to a Nikon Coolpix L26? I've not mastered using the L26 itself. Most folk from the coaching class that I've taken up for learning photography come equipped with expensive DSLRs. So is it necessary that I upgrade? Is it possible to shoot Team-BHP official review like photos with this L26 along with Picasa?
Old 16th October 2015, 18:58   #5360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
What would be an ideal upgrade to a Nikon Coolpix L26? I've not mastered using the L26 itself. Most folk from the coaching class that I've taken up for learning photography come equipped with expensive DSLRs. So is it necessary that I upgrade? Is it possible to shoot Team-BHP official review like photos with this L26 along with Picasa?
Learning photography as a skill?
Camera doesn't make a difference.

Learning photography's technicalities?
Camera does make a difference.

So is it necessary that I upgrade?
At the very least you require some kind of control over the camera exposure and zoom. For this you do not need to spend money on DSLR and lug 5-10 kg of equipment everywhere. I believe the current Nikon L26 may not offer the exposure controls.

In case you feel like buying a new cam:
Get a camera with at least 5X optical zoom (very helpful for framing and perspective), and P A S M controls (Canon calls it P Av Tv M) - helpful in gaining control over exposure, fast lens (f/2.4 or better).

Is it possible to shoot Team-BHP official review like photos with this L26 along with Picasa?
If the lighting is strong, and your L26 decides to stick to ISO100 then you can actually get quite good quality shots. If the lighting conditions are not optimum, your camera raises the ISO, and the picture quality will fall drastically.

All in all do keep in mind that every "professional" quality photo that you see has usually been so heavily edited in software that perhaps you can even use mobile phone camera to come up with "good looking" pictures. Our eyes/minds do not see the image quality but only the image impact!

Last edited by alpha1 : 16th October 2015 at 19:00.
Old 3rd November 2015, 00:46   #5361
Senior - BHPian

Bought a Canon SX60-HS couple of days ago....amazing camera. The 65X optical zoom makes it so easy to shoot moon pictures (no tripod, hand supported on wall edge).
Attached Thumbnails
The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.-img_0058.jpg  

The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.-img_0083.jpg  

Old 3rd November 2015, 04:18   #5362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Photography probably is just about the timing and framing of shots. Equipments will only try to make it better. The fact that Phone market is slowly taking over the P&S is real.

Phones now come with 4Gig ram, faster processors and enormous storage like 200GIG from some phones. This will continue to push the P&S market slowly out for one can simply carry their phones.

The Light L16 is going to impact if not revolutionize the camera industry with form factor.

For your questions the answer is simple. DSLR does help with your needs. Can you manage the size and the weight of such an equipment. Many do. The basics never change though which includes framing, composing, exposing rightly and even understand the concepts of shutter speed and aperture.

A P&S can definitely be used to learn all these including the LS2. A PS with a manual mode helps you experiment.

95% of DSLR shooters will use Aperture priority. Manual mode is strictly for either studio shots or special shoots including long exposure. Other wise the camera is intelligent enough to do everything else for you which makes you to do the basic things the right way.

I started of with a Minolto Film camera and when i wanted a camera i went with DSLR but 1 50mm F1.8 lens for over 24months. Those first two years of self critique helped me understand how much you can do with limitations. Even now i recommend people wanting to be good in photography to simply grab what they have but try to shoot the same picture better everyday. Its creativity that makes it a wonderful art.

A friend of mine has an old canon with a 55-250 and 18-55 lens the slowest of all and not the greatest of equipment.

His pictures will tell you that nothing matters as long as you have that eye for creativity, framing and timing a shot. His SHOTS are GODLY and he has an eye that is only natural and cannot be aquired.

You will have a similar strength with photography, it could be macro, it could be portrait, it could be kids, it could be expressions, B&W and anything. Find that love and your equipment will only help make it beautiful.
Old 3rd November 2015, 07:49   #5363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Bought a Canon SX60-HS couple of days ago....amazing camera. The 65X optical zoom makes it so easy to shoot moon pictures (no tripod, hand supported on wall edge).
That is huge! You could now try and find a comet or a new planet.

Any idea what kind of magnification our paltry 18-200 or 80-300 lenses offer?
Old 3rd November 2015, 08:03   #5364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post

18-200 : (200/18 = 11.1) ~11X! Thats not paltry. Thats a very useful range for a single walkaround lens

80-300 : ~4X almost.
Old 3rd November 2015, 12:10   #5365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post

To put things in reverse perspective; the SX60-HS has a zoom range. in 35mm-film equivalent, of 21-1365mm ! This range is very good, since it starts from a wide-angle 21mm.
Old 3rd November 2015, 14:37   #5366
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
To put things in reverse perspective; the SX60-HS has a zoom range. in 35mm-film equivalent, of 21-1365mm ! This range is very good, since it starts from a wide-angle 21mm.
That is just amazing. Combined with modern image-stability stuff it is incredible. Once upon a time, >1-metre lenses needed a block of concrete, let alone a tripod!

I would like to ask you... how do you find the build quality, particularly of the lens? My Fujifilm is not really good for that. The concentricity of the lens, zooming in, is not good. I would have a big job taking a moon pic, because, zoom out to find the moon, and then, zooming in, it will disappear from the frame.
Old 3rd November 2015, 21:42   #5367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
That is just amazing. Combined with modern image-stability stuff it is incredible. Once upon a time, >1-metre lenses needed a block of concrete, let alone a tripod!...
True! Along with the optics (designing/mfg the lenses to be compact and have such a range), the image processing system is also key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
...I would like to ask you... how do you find the build quality, particularly of the lens? My Fujifilm is not really good for that. The concentricity of the lens, zooming in, is not good. I would have a big job taking a moon pic, because, zoom out to find the moon, and then, zooming in, it will disappear from the frame.
I have just started using it, so too early to comment on the build quality...but it does 'feel' good so far when zooming in/out.

Also, one factor when using long-zoom lens is the ability of the system to focus quickly onto the subject, without 'hunting' too much. I have used the Panasonic FZ100 and Sony HX400, and I find the auto focus to work better in the Canon. It is able to focus quickly without hunting too much, when in the outer end of the zoom length.

For the moon shots, I used AF mode; i tried shooting a video of an aircraft flying at cruising altitude...this required me to use manual focus mode and set the focus to infinity , and I was able to track the plane without much difficulty at 65x, hand-held .
Old 3rd November 2015, 23:21   #5368
Distinguished - BHPian

That feel-good zoom, coupled with the additional information about auto focus, sounds very good.

How is the manual focus? That's something that I have never found satisfactory on digital cameras, compared to the direct. mechanical action of the old fashioned sort. Although... I suppose SLR lenses still work that way.
Old 8th February 2016, 16:40   #5369
BHPian

I m looking to buy a Point and Shoot Camera. Having used Sony, I m very happy with the brand. But dont mind checking out other brands as well.

The main requirement apart from usual stuff is to have Wi-Fi. I should be able to transfer photos to laptop via wifi direct or something similar to that. Budget is <15k. Please suggest.
Old 7th March 2016, 22:30   #5370
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
went for the canon powershot sx610 hx for rs.11595 from reliance digital.
Hi, how has the camera been performing? And how is the image quality?
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_007 View Post
I m looking to buy a Point and Shoot Camera. Budget is <15k. Please suggest.
Me too have been looking for similar specifications for the longest time. The Panasonic Lumix series from what i've read have very good image quality but the camera's are difficult to find in stores. Had been to Croma today & following are the camera's which i've shortlisted:
- Nikon Coolpix S7000 for 9k
- Canon Powershot SX610 for 11k
- Canon Ixus 275HS for 9k
- Nikon Coolpix S9700 for 15k

Top 10 compact cameras of 2015 on the below link.
https://www.ephotozine.com/article/t...ras-2015-19720

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks