Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2015, 15:45   #5341
BHPian

Re: The DSLR Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
I had purchased the Canon A710 IS camera when I was in US in 2007. A few months back the zoom mechanism stopped working.

I visited the Canon center in Brigade towers in Bangalore I was told it cannot be repaired as the US warranty is expired and no support is provided. I was instead asked to go for exchange offer during festival season. I told I am willing to pay for the repair but Canon said they cannot do that. When I sent a mail to India support center, I was again pointed to check with Bangalore center.
Note from Moderator: Post moved to appropriate thread. Thanks
Hey, sorry for replying to this quite late. I can check with the Mumbai service center, if you have not found anyone to solve your problem. They were quite helpful when there was an autofocus problem on the kit lens in my 7 year old camera. That was also bought overseas. Got it cleaned and fixed. However, that was a DSLR; I am not sure if they offer the same for Powershot series.

PM me the camera details and exact problem if you want me to speak to them.
Old 16th January 2015, 23:36   #5342
BHPian

Re: The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.

Dear BHPians,

I have an urgent requirement to buy a Samsung Galaxy Camera at Bangalore. The model number is EK GC110. I searched the online sites including Amazon, flipkart etc, but either the stock is unavailable or the model code isn't matching (snapdeal).

I am required to have this with me by 22nd of Jan since I need to send this through someone. I would appreciate if you guys can direct me to a store where I can buy at Bangalore. The price is not a concern, say extra 2k or so.

Google search tells me there are no stores available with this device, within a 5 km radius from RT Nagar, am sure this is not true.

Please help.
Old 24th January 2015, 20:14   #5343
BHPian

Re: miniDV to Computer?

What would be a good/lite application to transfer video from miniDV camcorder to computer(windows 7)? I would like to have a backup of all the miniDV tapes on external storage device.

Old 25th January 2015, 00:22   #5344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
What would be a good/lite application to transfer video from miniDV camcorder to computer(windows 7)? I would like to have a backup of all the miniDV tapes on external storage device.

Use WinDV to download the video. It's a lightweight standalone software. No install required. Use the IEEE*1394 port and not the USB. It will download the raw DV video from the camcorder. You can then edit it with Movie Maker or any other video editing tool.

Also try DV Date and DVSubMaker if you want to extract date and time from the video.

Last edited by HillMan : 25th January 2015 at 00:27.
Old 6th February 2015, 17:58   #5345
BHPian

Any reviews on budget underwater cameras.

I am planning to pick one to use in Maldives while snorkeling. Need one that can withstand depths of 30m or more

Last edited by indian21r : 6th February 2015 at 18:00.
Old 7th February 2015, 16:18   #5346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Any reviews on budget underwater cameras.

I am planning to pick one to use in Maldives while snorkeling. Need one that can withstand depths of 30m or more
update to my post
ordered Ricoh WG-4 GPS underwater camera from flipkart with one day delivery. Will post a review once I use it.
Old 20th February 2015, 16:49   #5347
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
1. Canon G7x
2. Sony Rx100 Mk2
3. Sony Rx100 Mk3

All the three have 1 inch sensors.

As both the G7x and Rx100 are equally good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Go for G7x. You will love the cam.
What about the LX100? It has a 4/3 sensor right?
Old 20th February 2015, 17:00   #5348
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
What about the LX100? It has a 4/3 sensor right?
Yes. LX100 has a 4:3 sensor which is twice the size of the 1" sensor in Canon G7X and Sony RXIII. However, they implement a crop to allow for multiple aspect ratios. Still with the crop, the size of the used sensor area is 1.5x the 1" sensor. Check out the dpreview.com review.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/pana...umix-dmc-lx100

BTW, I ended up buying the Sony RXIII as Canon G7X was not available off the shelf (I needed the camera immediately for a travel). Worth every paisa of the 50K I paid for it
Old 24th March 2015, 09:40   #5349
Senior - BHPian

Re: The DSLR Thread

Not a DSLR query. Parents are looking to buy a compact P&S. Budget 8k. They find it difficult to use the mobile camera as they can't see the display in daylight, so a good LCD is a must. Should be easy to use as they're above 60.Any recommendations ? The usage is mostly portraits and landscape photos taken during travels and vacations.
Old 15th April 2015, 19:51   #5350
BHPian

Has anyone ordered Xiaoyi yi cam? I have! Got it for 5600 INR. The review and sample images are positive and promising. Waiting for it eagerly.

If someone already has it, please share your experience and if possible upload a few sample images.
Old 25th April 2015, 22:32   #5351
BHPian

Received the Xiaomi Xiaoyi YI camera today. Can't say if its a gopro killer or not, but its definitely tiny to be called a camera. The pictures would be enough to tell the size.

It weighs around 200-250 gms with the battery. And it does get a bit warm while using with wifi.

Updated the firmware but dint get the time to test it post update.

The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.-wp_20150425_014.jpg

The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.-wp_20150425_015.jpg

The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.-wp_20150425_017.jpg

The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.-wp_20150425_016.jpg

The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.-wp_20150425_018.jpg

The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.-wp_20150425_019.jpg

The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.-wp_20150425_020.jpg

The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.-wp_20150425_021.jpg

The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.-wp_20150425_022.jpg

Haven't tested the performance yet. I will soon post some sample pics.
Old 26th May 2015, 16:51   #5352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4k_jz View Post
I have! Got it for 5600 INR
Where did you buy it from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4k_jz View Post
Updated the firmware but dint get the time to test it post update
Please share few sample images and videos. Thanks
Old 26th May 2015, 17:33   #5353
BHPian

I have a Canon SD850IS, bought in US in 2007. It's giving problem in focusing and Canon service center in Mumbai(near WEH, Andheri-Kurla Rd Flyover) says they can't repair it.
This is rather was a great camera, gave no fuss till now & I love to use it more, can't see it just lying there.

Any of BHPians know any good camera repair shops in and around Mumbai/Thane, it will be appreciated.

Regards
Old 26th May 2015, 18:16   #5354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arunshek View Post
I have a Canon SD850IS, bought in US in 2007. It's giving problem in focusing and Canon service center in Mumbai(near WEH, Andheri-Kurla Rd Flyover) says they can't repair it.
This is rather was a great camera, gave no fuss till now & I love to use it more, can't see it just lying there.

Any of BHPians know any good camera repair shops in and around Mumbai/Thane, it will be appreciated.

Regards
You may want to try D.N. Road near VT. That's the best place to go for repairs and maintenance of cameras. Walk into Central Camera and ask him. The galli adjacent to Central Camera as well as Bora Bazaar street (parallel to DN Road) have quite a few very competent repair mechanics located in small shops in dilapidated, old buildings. To name a few, Camera Complex, Popular, K. Prabhakar.

BTW, there is also a Canon authorised showroom in Phoenix Mills, Lower Parel, if you want a second opinion. They have generally been helpful with us, but I am not sure if they will have the parts to repair your model.
Old 1st June 2015, 15:11   #5355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_gear View Post
You may want to try D.N. Road near VT. That's the best place to go for repairs and maintenance of cameras.
Thanks Mate. But I got another guy servicing from Powai, JK Camera Services. Gave my Canon PowerShot to him. Let me see how it goes. I'll update details/feedback once it's done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks