Team-BHP - The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/31260-digital-camera-thread-questions-discussions-etc-38.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 439234)
Why, even on my machine here(its not XP/2000 etc.,) I do a "right click-> Properties and see the exif info.

Hmm..What OS do you use tsk? coz I can't see that on my system..

Quote:

Originally Posted by HellwratH (Post 439275)

I am on Redhat, use Konqueror as my file browser.

Ah..Linux! They support almost everything possible. Downloaded a free exif reader, so its not that big a problem...its a small portable file and gives me all the info I need.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HellwratH (Post 439275)

you should see on any OS unless or until the image editing software has trimmed it.

Compact Camera High ISO Modes: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review
Interesting article.
Look at Page 3 where the high ISO performance of digital SLR is compared with compact cameras.
The notable exception is the Fuji F30 which produces amazing images at high ISO!

Does any one have an idea about, for how much does the canon 30d and 400d retails in india. With and without b&w.

400D costs 33K without B&W, and around 45K with the bill

Just got a Sony H7, nice thing, cheap plasticky body though.

Just bought a Nikon D40 for a friend and enjoyed using it in cochin. Paid about 25K for it and it's brilliant for the money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 451568)
400D costs 33K without B&W, and around 45K with the bill

I just need the body. Still??? I thought with Rs at 40 and expected to hit 39, these things will get cheap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 452136)
Just bought a Nikon D40 for a friend and enjoyed using it in cochin. Paid about 25K for it and it's brilliant for the money.

Sambhai..

D40 is entry level compact dslr and real vfm. Nice Choice.

Digital SLR will have to wait till I can pay for it myself and I have better knowledge on equipment.

On a positive note, got an S3 with a 2gb card :) Now for some lessons from Rudraji after these darned exams :)

so here is the thing, I am thinking / decided to take up photography as a hobby always been attracted to it but never goit the chance. I need to get a decent camera so i was talking to some people and one of the things that came out was that a film based slr is better than a digital slr, is that true ?
i would think it would be the same other than the obvious diff of digital v/s file ....

what camera would you suggest & why ?
please:

Only an idiot would recommend a film slr as your primary body in this day and age. You might want to keep a film slr as a backup body but definitely have a digital slr as your primary. If you buy a canon, all lenses other than EF-S mount lenses can be interchanged between film and digital. In case of nikons, you can use all but the DX lenses. So its easy... buy a digital body first up and then get a used film body later as these are dirt cheap on ebay and such (~20-30$ for a Canon Elan 7NL)

I would suggest if you are an amateur photographer then dont go for an SLR. I would suggest you to go for a high end Digital camera like cannon S5IS . But If you have LSR lenses lying around then you can go for an SLR... I dont think DSLR are inferior in anyway to film ones.