Team-BHP - The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/31260-digital-camera-thread-questions-discussions-etc-60.html)

Hey Raj - Yes - I do own a 2004 Bolero Glx and i travel on it quite often. NIce to see you here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajagopal_j (Post 555367)
@rockyb, I think we have quite a bit in common, New to T-BHP, own Boleros (i hope u do, i see one in you profile pic) and I own a Panasonic FZ10, have been wanting to upgrade to FZ50 but then cant let go of the FZ10.

Raj!.

Hi Lambu

FZ 18 is has got very good review. Not seen onein real. But you have to compromise on higher ISO specially if want to shoot at low light. For daytime and outdoor it will be fantastic. But there is no replacement for a slr.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lambuhere1 (Post 556218)
Any comments on Panasonic FZ 18 launched in Aug. Planning to buy it one shortly

Thanks

Hey Torqy - nice to see u here too - but i have a simple FZ 50 - no slr

Rocky

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torqy (Post 556260)
Another one here New to T-BHP, own a Bolero and an Olympus E-500 :)

-- Torqy

Gogi, what ishan says is right, its a big camera, not convenient to carry around and it isnt an easy to use point and shoot by any means!

There are good Sony Point and Shoot Cameras available these days which deliver good results. You'd be astonished at the results obtained by simple P&S cameras. Most of the times its the bad focus which ruins the picture.

I personally prefer Fujis since they are the pioneers in the CCD technology, but then again, I'm a noob at photography, just been playing around, observing and learning.

My hunt for my first digicam ended with the purchase of a Canon IXUS 75, which costed me AED 1099 (UAE Dirhams) along with a 1GB SD card and case thrown in. :)

While i did initially contemplated the IXUS 85 and also the Sony T20, this was the final decision, taking into account budget, and also my requirements.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech (Post 562602)
Here ya go: Sifymall - Rs.21,499!!

JJ Mehta also sells it, but for a bit more.

In Palika Bazar - Delhi the rates are -

D40 - 20,500/-
D40x - 29,000/-
350D - 24,500/-
400D - 29,500/-

One of my friends bought a 400D last Saturday. We also checked out Olympus SLRs, but weren't too impressed with those. Dearler only had 410 body; it is very smallish and provides no grip whatsoever. He only had dummy for 510 and required 2-3 days time to procure one, that too once we paid some advance. Evidently 510 is a slow-moving camera.

400D is also smallish but provides decent grip. The 9-point AF system is useless, all points are congested towards center and don't help much. The selector wheel is at the top of camera instead of in front of it.

I will upload some of it's photos this week-end.

Cheers

Nitin

Looking at these rates, i am seriously contemplating a nice DSLR. Which is a better one between Nikon D40x and Canon 400D?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntomer (Post 562844)
In Palika Bazar - Delhi the rates are -

D40 - 20,500/-
D40x - 29,000/-
350D - 24,500/-
400D - 29,500/-

One of my friends bought a 400D last Saturday. We also checked out Olympus SLRs, but weren't too impressed with those. Dearler only had 410 body; it is very smallish and provides no grip whatsoever. He only had dummy for 510 and required 2-3 days time to procure one, that too once we paid some advance. Evidently 510 is a slow-moving camera.

:Frustrati Slow moving only in India, otherwise E-510 is a way better camera than all the ones you have listed. Even the kit lenses of Olympus are way better compared to competitor kit lenses.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 562849)
Looking at these rates, i am seriously contemplating a nice DSLR. Which is a better one between Nikon D40x and Canon 400D?

Don't be fooled by the low prices. That's probably just body prices. To get good results from the dSLR, you need good lenses and they often cost more than than the body.

"Which is a better one between Nikon D40x and Canon 400D?"

I had the same confusion, In my opinion both the cameras are equally good.
I would suggest you have a hands on experience on both and then decide.

I got the 400D (personal choice)

What I like most about the 400D compared to the D40X.

- 9 focus points, very useful.
- Automatic sensor cleaning system is a plus
- wider lens selection compared to the D40x.

Hellcat.

Quote:

That's probably just body prices.
body and kit lens price. All these come with a fairly decent kit lens. Or so I've read, and Sam's pics show!

@benbsb29- Congratulations for you new camera. Good choice!

Hellcat

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_torque (Post 562603)
I got mine from US with 2gb sandisk extreme II SD card, 8 nos 2600 mAh rechargable batteries + fast charger for around 15k's 3 months back.

In delhi the cam is available in grey market b/w 12-13k's, add 2-3 k's more for SD card, rechargable batteries and charger.

Do invest in a high speed SD card if you plan to shoot in burst mode and shoot video's.

Hi ,

Dont we get a chrger as a standard accessory in the box?
Do you know any shop for reliable grey stuff except pallika bazar and gaffar market ?

Thanks & Regards
Prashant Dinkar

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellcat (Post 562874)
"Which is a better one between Nikon D40x and Canon 400D?"

I had the same confusion, In my opinion both the cameras are equally good.
I would suggest you have a hands on experience on both and then decide.

I got the 400D (personal choice)

What I like most about the 400D compared to the D40X.

- 9 focus points, very useful.
- Automatic sensor cleaning system is a plus
- wider lens selection compared to the D40x.

Hellcat.

Thanks. I am sold between the two for sure. Will go in detail and compare images and then finally decide. I am tilting more towards Nikon as I have 2 canon powershot cameras. Plus, the nikkor kit lens are said by many as better than canon ones. Btw, they both come with same type of lens 18-55. Dust cleaning and additional focus points is something i have to decide if i am willing to compromise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 562863)
:Frustrati Slow moving only in India, otherwise E-510 is a way better camera than all the ones you have listed. Even the kit lenses of Olympus are way better compared to competitor kit lenses.

Righto. E-510 comes with a 14-42 lens, which is much better than 18-55 kit lenses of both Canon and Nikon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 562863)
Don't be fooled by the low prices. That's probably just body prices. To get good results from the dSLR, you need good lenses and they often cost more than than the body.

These prices include kit-lenses and these lenses are decent although not as good as the Olympus ones.

Cheers

Nitin

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 562896)
Thanks. I am sold between the two for sure. Will go in detail and compare images and then finally decide. I am tilting more towards Nikon as I have 2 canon powershot cameras. Plus, the nikkor kit lens are said by many as better than canon ones. Btw, they both come with same type of lens 18-55. Dust cleaning and additional focus points is something i have to decide if i am willing to compromise.

Dust-cleaning is definitely useful, but the 9-point AF system isn't. The points are all congested towards the center and aren't any more helpful than my D50's 5-point AF system.

Cheers

Nitin

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntomer (Post 563522)
Righto. E-510 comes with a 14-42 lens, which is much better than 18-55 kit lenses of both Canon and Nikon.

Each company has very strange multipliers, In case of Olympus 14-42 mm is equivalent to 28-84mm. (confusing isnt it) Still wide though. And you are right, quality of lenses are supposed to be much better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kvish (Post 563725)
Each company has very strange multipliers, In case of Olympus 14-42 mm is equivalent to 28-84mm. (confusing isnt it) Still wide though. And you are right, quality of lenses are supposed to be much better.

It all depends on the sensor size relative to the full frame size. The Olympus Zuiko has very few lenses compared to Canikon, but the lens quality is high even for the cheapest lens.