Team-BHP - The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/31260-digital-camera-thread-questions-discussions-etc-53.html)

hey guys, not exactly a digital camera question but anyhow, i've got a sony handycam 205e (i think it's called 705 here in india) and it writes on mini dvd's. does anyone know how i can record directly from the tv to the handycam? i have all the cables that were given to the camera and i heard that you can record directly from the tv, i dont have a vcr or a dvr and there's this program i really want to record

Quote:

Originally Posted by tushky (Post 536264)
i bought Samsung 'Vluu i7' from Korea. 7.2 MP. with MP3 player and PMP. touch screen. it has 512mb internal Memory and i got 2 memory cards of 1GB each.

Shot at 2007-08-18

WOW

Now we can expect some High resolution spy pics. :Cheering::Cheering:

Quote:

Originally Posted by khanak (Post 536741)
WOW

Now we can expect some High resolution spy pics. :Cheering::Cheering:

yes sure. but it will take some time. say after 1 month. busy with my college admission and all...

Need to buy an external Flash

choices are

Metz 58 AF-1 (Rs 15,200)
(Metz - always first class. -)

nikon sb-800 AF speedlight(Rs 15,000)
(Nikon USA: SB-800 AF Speedlight)

feature wise the metz seems more feature rich
but dont how good it is in reality

prices are grey market (ie no bill/warranty)

Hi all

Joined here recently. I am a traveller and a amateur photographer. Was directed by the mod to this thread after my intro. Just wondering if there are any Panasonic FZ 50 users

Rocky

@rockyb, I think we have quite a bit in common, New to T-BHP, own Boleros (i hope u do, i see one in you profile pic) and I own a Panasonic FZ10, have been wanting to upgrade to FZ50 but then cant let go of the FZ10.

Raj!.

Any comments on Panasonic FZ 18 launched in Aug. Planning to buy it one shortly

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajagopal_j (Post 555367)
@rockyb, I think we have quite a bit in common, New to T-BHP, own Boleros (i hope u do, i see one in you profile pic) and I own a Panasonic FZ10, have been wanting to upgrade to FZ50 but then cant let go of the FZ10.

Raj!.

Another one here New to T-BHP, own a Bolero and an Olympus E-500 :)

-- Torqy

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajagopal_j (Post 555367)

Raj!.

Hi guys,
I plan on buying a digicam pretty soon, when i head to Dubai.
Wanted to know which one i should be looking at. I do like photography and mostly my topics of interest are limited to cars.

I am looking at some cam of about 5 MP and around Rs.15K in budget.
Suggest some brands i should consider and model name, possibly. :)

@benbsb29: This website will give you a lot of info.

Steve's Digicams - The "Best" Digicams

Cheers
Hellcat

@benbsb.. A Canon S3 IS would be your best best and it would be considerably cheaper than 15k now.

Benny I say pick up the Canon S31S its selling cheap.Call me will tell you where to pick it up from.

Hi Benbsb,
You may also look at the Fuji Finepix S5700. It has all the features of the S3IS except for the swivel screen. Have been using it for a couple of months now and I like it more than the S3IS (Purely my opinion having compared with my friend's cam).
It sells for 14k in India. Should be cheaper in Dubai. I feel its good VFM.
- Jag

You might want to take a look at the recently launched Canon S5 IS, the successor of the S3 IS. It is marginally expensive than the S3 IS though.

A question to DSLR guru's... Rudra, please help.

Which one of these.....
Pentax K10D, Canon 400D, Nikon D80 or Olympus E510? All of them are priced almost the same. While Oly and Pentax give me image stabilization and dust cleaning both, pentax goes ahead and also gives all weather usability and sealed controls, and oly also gives me live view, Canon's high ISO performace is unparalled and it also gives me dust reduction sytem but doesnt gives me spot metering and neither image stabilization, Nikon D80 is the priciest of the lot with least extra features.

I am a bit more inclined towards the Pentax K10D? What do you guys say?