Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2015, 14:56   #7741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Because I felt the scratch film won't look nice on IP6 since it has a different finish compared to IP5/5C.

Here are my tempered glasses in black. Gotta apply it. debating whether I should attempt it myself or get it done at some cell shop.
The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1431854760.684706.jpg
Old 17th May 2015, 15:41   #7742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Here are my tempered glasses in black. Gotta apply it. debating whether I should attempt it myself or get it done at some cell shop.
Attachment 1371390

Thats for an ip6 right? Are the edges on it curved? All the ones ive found are flat, and dont cover the bezels, since the phones glass is curved at the bezels/borders. Im using the flat one i got from graphenetechnologies.in. Good part is, they replace it (1 year warranty). Ive cracked mine twice, and I've got hassle free replacement both times, paying 120 rupees as packing and replacement costs.
Old 17th May 2015, 19:25   #7743
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
Thats for an ip6 right?

It's for my ip 6 plus. Will not cover the curved portion. That will be covered by a case anyway I imagine. I have dropped my earlier iph4 at least 100 times and it survived 4-5 years only due to the case it had around it. So I have couple of cases for my iph 6 plus too. The one I am using is this. It has a magnetic back and can be inserted into the wallet or carried separately.
The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1431870869.145915.jpg
Old 17th May 2015, 22:49   #7744
BHPian

Quote:

I would suggest you to get this done from a professional at any shop, by the way from where did you got tempered glasses in black and how much did it cost you?

Cheers!
Old 18th May 2015, 00:34   #7745
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

I affixed the tempered glass on my One+One myself and it turned out really well. The key point here was that the screen guard itself was made by One+One and came with very detailed instructions and complete accessories for affixing, cleaning, peeling etc etc with the package and the quality of the screen guard itself coming directly from the OEM is superlative. With after market accessories it may not be so straightforward.

Quote:
Attachment 1371390
Old 18th May 2015, 00:53   #7746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1371390

Looks good. Please share the place/shop/site you got this from. Also, after you are done putting this on please share some pics.
Old 18th May 2015, 14:44   #7747
BHPian

Downloaded this app called Nuzzel. Basically its an easy way to see new from your friends on Twitter & FB. The UI on the iPad is even better. Think they have the app on Android too.
Old 18th May 2015, 17:15   #7748
BHPian

We may get to see a better inbuilt navigation map on iOs devices soon.
Yes, Apple Acquires Coherent Navigation.

"Apple confirmed the news to New York Times via an email stating. Terms of Apple’s acquisition of Coherent Navigation were not disclosed either. Coherent Navigation is known for its High Integrity GPS system, which combined signals from mid-earth orbit GPS satellites with low-earth satellites to offer improved precision and accuracy within three to five meters."

SOURCE

Cheers
Old 18th May 2015, 18:05   #7749
Senior - BHPian

My sister just lost her iPhone 6 at the airport in US. My parents want to surprise her and buy her a new iPhone. Is it possible to order it from the apple website using an Indian credit card and have it delivered to her residence?

Secondly, my brother is also in US right now so is it a good idea that I order an iPhone from here (again, Indian credit card) and he can carry it back while coming here?
Old 18th May 2015, 21:59   #7750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
My sister just lost her iPhone 6 at the airport in US. My parents want to surprise her and buy her a new iPhone. Is it possible to order it from the apple website using an Indian credit card and have it delivered to her residence?

Secondly, my brother is also in US right now so is it a good idea that I order an iPhone from here (again, Indian credit card) and he can carry it back while coming here?
Yes you can do that. I have done it myself and it works.
Old 18th May 2015, 22:42   #7751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
is it possible to order it from the apple website using an Indian credit card and have it delivered to her residence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
Yes you can do that. I have done it myself and it works.

This doesn't work. I tried few months back. Needs a U.S. Billing address.
I got two iPhone 6 plus from US two months back and had to get a colleague in the U.S. To pay on my behalf.
Old 18th May 2015, 22:46   #7752
BHPian

Just stuck the black tempered glasses. Product is very good. If you align it properly and lay it on the phone it sticks almost by itself. The front came out well with a slight angle without any air bubbles, when I tried to reposition it, it restock itself but caused a small air pocket on the right side but this is not noticeable. The back has some air gaps on the white strips but it is not really noticeable. The color helps conceal it I guess.
The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1431969352.524251.jpg
The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1431969377.339692.jpg
Got the glasses from aliexpress btw
Old 19th May 2015, 14:40   #7753
BANNED

I'm thinking of buying 2 iPhones, both 6 Plus 64 GB for my wife and myself. What are my options?
- Buy from Flipkart etc.
- Buy from a mobile shop (Official piece)
- Buy from a mobile shop (Grey import)
- Ask someone to bring from the US.
Now what are the lowest prices you have seen for each of these options and where. I am willing to go from grey imports or from US only if the savings are substantial (over 10K). Please advise.
Old 19th May 2015, 15:14   #7754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
I'm thinking of buying 2 iPhones, both 6 Plus 64 GB for my wife and myself. What are my options?
. Please advise.
I would not suggest a grey market piece for the simple reason that you are spending a substantial amount of money and the assurance that you can take it back for part replacement in case of any issues is worth the extra you pay for a legal import!

The price difference for the 5S when I got it in India was not significantly cheaper in the states (There were no offers in the US), so do check for offers as you might get a good deal on the phones.

I bought mine on amazon.in BTW

Last edited by batterylow : 19th May 2015 at 15:15. Reason: Additional data
Old 19th May 2015, 15:26   #7755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
- Ask someone to bring from the US.
I got two from the US. If you buy from a store in a state with no tax, it is beneficial. I picked up from Chicago and the 64Gb cost me 925$ with tax. Likewise the second was from Washington and I had to pay about 75$ in tax. However, I took the Applecare and that advantage is that I can get it replaced on breakage or any issue twice in a 2 year period for a nominal fee of 100$.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks