Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2015, 21:00   #7816
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

I made my first purchase on the iTunes store using a debit card. It was a music album. However, I was billed twice post adding the debit card. One was Rs. 60 and the other was the cost of the album. I did a little reading up and found that Rs. 60 is basically on check for the validity of the credit card and this is automatically refunded. However; a lot of folks reported that the refund does not take place at times.

Is it safe to keep a credit or debit card linked to the itunes store?
Old 30th June 2015, 21:26   #7817
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post

I have my CC linked to iTunes and App store account for past 4 years or more. So far so good. Just be sure of turning on or off the auto renewals of subscriptions as required.

Last edited by ajaypjayaraj : 30th June 2015 at 21:52.
Old 30th June 2015, 21:42   #7818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I made my first purchase on the iTunes store using a debit card. It was a music album. However, I was billed twice post adding the debit card. One was Rs. 60 and the other was the cost of the album. I did a little reading up and found that Rs. 60 is basically on check for the validity of the credit card and this is automatically refunded. However; a lot of folks reported that the refund does not take place at times.

Mine got refunded without any issues. So don't worry.

About the tempered glass I think I will go for it since my plastic screen guard is giving away. How much does a decent tempered glass cost anyway?
Old 30th June 2015, 23:05   #7819
BHPian

Just moved to Airtel 4G on my iPhone6 and I have to admit I am pleasantly surprised by the speeds. Speedcheck showed 33MBPS. And it feels like so as well. Youtube is just flying with no buffering even for HD videos. Its been a couple of days only, so not completely sure of the battery drop but initial impressions suggest around 20% impact in the battery life.

Kudos to Airtel for the smooth upgrade process. You just show up at an Airtel store, show them the message that says you are eligible for a SIM upgrade. They give you a new SIM and you just send a message to 121 with the new SIM number. In 10 mins, your new SIM gets activated. You swap the SIMs and you are done.
Your plan remains the same as of 3G, so in my case 1GB for 255 which is very good pricing. Although I do expect data usage to go higher but will observe for a couple of months and then see if I need more bandwidth.

Regards
Rachit
Old 1st July 2015, 00:16   #7820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Just moved to Airtel 4G on my iPhone6 and I have to admit I am pleasantly surprised by the speeds. Speedcheck showed 33MBPS. And it feels like so as well. Youtube is just flying with no buffering even for HD videos. Its been a couple of days only, so not completely sure of the battery drop but initial impressions suggest around 20% impact in the battery life.

Kudos to Airtel for the smooth upgrade process. You just show up at an Airtel store, show them the message that says you are eligible for a SIM upgrade. They give you a new SIM and you just send a message to 121 with the new SIM number. In 10 mins, your new SIM gets activated. You swap the SIMs and you are done.
Your plan remains the same as of 3G, so in my case 1GB for 255 which is very good pricing. Although I do expect data usage to go higher but will observe for a couple of months and then see if I need more bandwidth.

Regards
Rachit
It is really awsome. But be carefull with you data usage it gobbels up data really really fast. I had to upgrade my plan for bigger data. The coverage is still ok ok but the data throughput it real smooth I must admit that. Attaching a speed test result too.

I think it is time we should have a 3g vs 4g thread up soon!
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-1435689956579.jpg  

Old 1st July 2015, 06:32   #7821
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Guys did anyone check if the 8.4 update is out? It was supposed to release today but I got it when I check last night at around 11:50 pm. This was from my iPhone 6 running 8.2. And the update is only 340mb approx.
Old 1st July 2015, 07:26   #7822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
Guys did anyone check if the 8.4 update is out? It was supposed to release today but I got it when I check last night at around 11:50 pm. This was from my iPhone 6 running 8.2. And the update is only 340mb approx.
Yes updated both my phones and must say that Apple Music streaming service is impressive. It sure will be a game changer.
Old 1st July 2015, 07:52   #7823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Mine got refunded without any issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Just be sure of turning on or off the auto renewals of subscriptions as required.
Gentlemen, Thank you for confirming that it is safe to keep a CC linked to iTunes.

On the subject of auto renewals of subscriptions, my phone is less than a week old. Is there anything that is subscribed by default and that is chargeable?
Old 1st July 2015, 08:01   #7824
BHPian

Quote:
Gentlemen, Thank you for confirming that it is safe to keep a CC linked to iTunes.

On the subject of auto renewals of subscriptions, my phone is less than a week old. Is there anything that is subscribed by default and that is chargeable?

By default, there are no paid subscriptions. Magazines and some apps having monthly (or any frequency) subscriptions are the ones to look out for. And it does not get activated without you authorising. Without your knowledge, no subscriptions will happen.
Old 1st July 2015, 08:12   #7825
Distinguished - BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Yes I did. It was just 222MB for me. Mainly about radio and music. About the card being charged twice, I guess all first time users get charged 1usd/₹60 which is eventually reverted back soon.

Last edited by robimahanta : 1st July 2015 at 08:14.
Old 2nd July 2015, 19:29   #7826
BHPian

Hi,

Any recommended screen guards and minimalistic cases for ip6 gold color.
want to keep it simple and safe
Old 2nd July 2015, 19:40   #7827
BHPian

Finally a streaming service that makes some ruddy sense in India!

One thing that I really liked is that it lets me add the albums to my phone, and store them offline

No much of a difference in iOS 8.4 for now. Just the usual, with a lot of extra smileys.
Old 2nd July 2015, 20:19   #7828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
Hi,

Any recommended screen guards and minimalistic cases for ip6 gold color.

want to keep it simple and safe

If simple and safe is what you want, invest in an apple silicon case and a glass (not plastic) screen protector. Look no further. That is all you need.
Old 3rd July 2015, 16:08   #7829
Senior - BHPian

No major changes except the Apple Music. Update size was only 212MB.

The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1435919901.781656.jpg

Music streaming is neat. Too early to tell whether I love it or not.
Old 3rd July 2015, 16:28   #7830
Senior - BHPian

So far so good on Apple Music. Getting a chance to listen to some good rare albums. My car journey from and to the office has been good thanks to that. Adding the song offline to the playlist while I am on wireless will do.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks