Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2015, 15:15   #7951
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Dunno about fellow iPhone owners here, but my 2 year old iPhone 5S feels much slower & extremely laggy with iOS 9. I can see the difference while opening the Music & WhatsAp apps. It just takes a second or two longer than it used to. Plus, the multi tasking effect just looks terribly jittery & stutter-y.

I've tried lotsa stuff like restarting, killing old apps, formatting, but nothing seems to help.

Anyone else using iOS 9 on their 5S? Or am I the only poor boy out here with a 2 year old Apple
Old 21st September 2015, 15:42   #7952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Dunno about fellow iPhone owners here, but my 2 year old iPhone 5S feels much slower & extremely laggy with iOS 9. I can see the difference while opening the Music & WhatsAp apps. It just takes a second or two longer than it used to. Plus, the multi tasking effect just looks terribly jittery & stutter-y.

I've tried lotsa stuff like restarting, killing old apps, formatting, but nothing seems to help.

Anyone else using iOS 9 on their 5S? Or am I the only poor boy out here with a 2 year old Apple
Am having a 5S with ios 9 on it. It was laggy after the upgrade. Then I did a complete reset and set it up as a new phone. Its smooth as before now.
Old 21st September 2015, 15:49   #7953
BHPian

I too have a 5s. It is working lag free post ios9 upgrade. Not faced any issue so far.
Old 21st September 2015, 16:16   #7954
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Am having a 5S with ios 9 on it. It was laggy after the upgrade. Then I did a complete reset and set it up as a new phone. Its smooth as before now.
Quote:

I am facing the same problem though I have an even older Apple, a 2.5 yr old 5 . I am also facing reduced volume from speakers which was not the case before the upgrade.
Did you upgrade to iOS 9 directly from the phone or did you do it through iTunes on your PC? The last time I faced issues after an upgrade, I was advised by Apple Support to restore the device using iTunes. It did work for me last time. Since then I had been following the same process. This time I forgot and upgraded from the phone directly. Seems like a restore is on cards for my phone, again .

Any body else noticed a reduction in speaker output (both for rings as well as music player) after the update to 9?
Old 21st September 2015, 16:36   #7955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I am facing the same problem though I have an even older Apple, a 2.5 yr old 5 . I am also facing reduced volume from speakers which was not the case before the upgrade.
Did you upgrade to iOS 9 directly from the phone or did you do it through iTunes on your PC? The last time I faced issues after an upgrade, I was advised by Apple Support to restore the device using iTunes. It did work for me last time. Since then I had been following the same process. This time I forgot and upgraded from the phone directly. Seems like a restore is on cards for my phone, again .

Any body else noticed a reduction in speaker output (both for rings as well as music player) after the update to 9?
I updated from phone itself. But it was laggy after upgrade. I immediately reset everything. Not used to see lag on iDevices. Same was the case with my iPad air. Laggy and was overheating. Reset fixed that as well. However, my wife's iPhone 6 is facing horrible battery drain after the update. Even reset didn't help in this case.
Old 21st September 2015, 16:45   #7956
BHPian

Guys, I have been a BB & android user all along. Lately I am exploring the possibilities of going the apple way. Honestly I do not want to splurge money on the 5s, 6s. Is it worthwhile to go with the dated 4s? I personally think it is very sleek and does the job. Opinions please
Old 21st September 2015, 16:53   #7957
BHPian

Thanks for the suggestions fellas! I did an OTA upgrade to iOS 9. Guessing that's the reason for the laggy behavior. So, seems like a full erase-&-restore is back on the menu boys ! But it does raise the question, why does it feel laggy with an OTA update, and not with an update through iTunes? Any thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Guys.... Is it worthwhile to go with the dated 4s? I personally think it is very sleek and does the job. Opinions please
Err, yes it is sleek, but it is running on ancient hardware, any way you look at it! So, please don't splurge any cash on the 4S. Get a 5S/6 when the new 6S models launch in a month or two. That would be my recommendation.

Last edited by sourav9385 : 21st September 2015 at 16:55.
Old 21st September 2015, 17:03   #7958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Guys, I have been a BB & android user all along. Lately I am exploring the possibilities of going the apple way. Honestly I do not want to splurge money on the 5s, 6s. Is it worthwhile to go with the dated 4s? I personally think it is very sleek and does the job. Opinions please

Please dont' buy 4S , it's too old phone to use . Try to get a good deal on 5s - its very sleek and performance is good to .
Old 21st September 2015, 19:02   #7959
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions fellas! I did an OTA upgrade to iOS 9. Guessing that's the reason for the laggy behavior. So, seems like a full erase-&-restore is back on the menu boys ! But it does raise the question, why does it feel laggy with an OTA update, and not with an update through iTunes? Any thoughts?
I did an OTA update for the 5S and did not have any lag issues. Phone works perfectly.
Old 21st September 2015, 23:46   #7960
Senior - BHPian

5S here too, no issues so far but seems a bit laggy once in a while randomly. Maybe I'll do a reset and see if anything improves.
Old 22nd September 2015, 08:26   #7961
BHPian

I updated my 5 to iOS 9. It is bit laggy but not to the level of uncomfort.
My phone is physically in very bad condition as my son used it to the core causing lots of dents cracks etc.
I never use any protective case as i somehow don't like them.
Just waiting for Iphone 6s to be launched and will go with 128gb option.
Old 22nd September 2015, 11:42   #7962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
5S here too, no issues so far but seems a bit laggy once in a while randomly. Maybe I'll do a reset and see if anything improves.
ok, reset the phone and still laggy. a colleague of mine has 9.1 beta installed on his 6 and says the patch fixes the problem. now, i wait.
Old 22nd September 2015, 11:44   #7963
BHPian

Quote:
ok, reset the phone and still laggy. a colleague of mine has 9.1 beta installed on his 6 and says the patch fixes the problem. now, i wait.
Seems more problems. My 5s started overheating for no reason yesterday. Hard reset it by Power + Home button and issue was resolved for some 4-5 hours. Now the issue is back again
Old 22nd September 2015, 11:50   #7964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Seems more problems. My 5s started overheating for no reason yesterday. Hard reset it by Power + Home button and issue was resolved for some 4-5 hours. Now the issue is back again
whoa! i don't have that problem as of now; only the laggy thingy. the battery life has increased, which is good because i'm using LTE.
Old 22nd September 2015, 11:57   #7965
BHPian

Quote:
whoa! i don't have that problem as of now; only the laggy thingy. the battery life has increased, which is good because i'm using LTE.
Battery life was same as before on LTE for me. On a side note, my good old 4S is holding up on a single charge for the past 7 days. It is registered on mobile network and connected to WiFi. I just check it once a day to see if its dead Wife's iPhone 6 is off to service center. Overnight drain of around 40% with no actual usage. Tried erasing completely, but no result.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks