Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2007, 16:55   #241
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
Hey Ramchi, let me know if you want to sell your phone. Hope you are not looking for too much money on it. Completely useless anyway now right?
I may have to re-sell this phone to US based person by sending it back to US. It will not be useful for anyone sitting in India.

My price would not be Rs 18 K for this phone. If you are ready let me know.
Old 20th December 2007, 18:16   #242
BHPian

@ramchi, did you try to unlock/jailbreak it and then brick it? or is it in brand new condition, without anyone tampering with the software hacks?
Old 20th December 2007, 18:22   #243
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal View Post
@ramchi, did you try to unlock/jailbreak it and then brick it? or is it in brand new condition, without anyone tampering with the software hacks?
I have not done anything to my phone. Since this is 1.1.2 OTB with bootloader 4.6 you cant unlock it.

I have not tried to unlock it. It is simply sitting in the box, ofcourse I have opened the box to see the Firmware version.

I have not brickd the phone.
Old 20th December 2007, 21:03   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramchi View Post
My price would not be Rs 18 K for this phone. If you are ready let me know.
Please PM me a price, I am interested in picking up the phone. Was looking for a 1.1.2 OTB phone to do a bit of "work" on.
Old 26th December 2007, 17:04   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have not done anything to my phone. Since this is 1.1.2 OTB with bootloader 4.6 you cant unlock it.
My friends got a week 47 phone with 1.1.2 & 4.6 bootloader. Its lying with me to be cracked Iv asked him if I should try downgrading to 1.0.2 so that he can atleast use it as an iPod touch.

Its not 100% useless na... I mean once turbosims are available again one can use a non AT&T simcard

Last edited by s0uljah : 26th December 2007 at 17:11.
Old 29th December 2007, 10:55   #246
fb1
BHPian

i got an iphone 1.1.2 otb.. its unlocked now really happy

u need to jailbreak it and get stealthsim or turbo sim to fool the phone that you have at&t

StealthSIM.com
Old 30th December 2007, 11:36   #247
Senior - BHPian

@fb1.... Is stealth sim or turbo sim available in India. If yes then how much for?
Old 31st December 2007, 00:57   #248
Team-BHP Support

looks like 1.1.3 is around the corner with many new features added.

Read about it here: iPhone 1.1.3 on video with tons of new features - GSMArena.com news
Old 31st December 2007, 19:40   #249
BANNED

Too much hype around iPhone and I am really annoyed over this hacking, unlocking, jailbracking etc....

MHO - Not worth the money. Wait for 5 years to get totally unlocked iPhone which you can really buy.

It is crazy out there, iPhone sold for Rs 30K which is not even 3G.
Old 1st January 2008, 00:15   #250
BHPian

Quote:
...Wait for 5 years to get totally unlocked iPhone which you can really buy.
You have really got to be kidding.

And the "hype" is legit because it really is a uber-cool phone/ipod/browser all rolled into one.

Just MHO

edit: I say this with such conviction because I have been using the Iphone since September having earlier used O2 atom, treo, 9500/9300 etc.

Last edited by rev_hard : 1st January 2008 at 00:16.
Old 1st January 2008, 00:35   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its no hype for sure. It might be selling here for 30k's but you get it for 399$ in US which IMHO is tremendous value for money.
As a phone its great, after using the touch interface you wonder why no one else though abt it in the first place. The phone has a fast processor and enough RAM to run all the applications and browse the resource heavy websites without the response time getting affected. The browser is the most sophisticated I have seen on a mobile device, it opens websites exactly as it would on a PC.
For a phone with such wonderful screen, amazingly easy and intuitive touch interface unlike any other phone, 8 GB memory on board memory, a decent two mega pixel camera, a populous battery, great video, wifi, bluetooth, a great web browser, built in pop clients for gmail, yahoo (you just need to enter the user name and password, rest it does it all by itself) 399$ is not much.
Did I tell you that its extremly sturdy and practically scratchless.
iPhone in depth: the Ars review: Page 13

And the fact that this phone is all software any left out or missed fuctionality can be added later. Its a brilliant new effort from Apple, something from which the Nokia's and the SE's of this world can learn.
Old 3rd January 2008, 17:46   #252
fb1
BHPian

yep i got the iphone in us for $399 usd and paid $80 for the chip.. good deal I must say
Old 3rd January 2008, 17:50   #253
fb1
BHPian

Quote:
Too much hype around iPhone and I am really annoyed over this hacking, unlocking, jailbracking etc....

MHO - Not worth the money. Wait for 5 years to get totally unlocked iPhone which you can really buy.

lol dude maybe u have no idea how to get an iphone for 10k cheaper?
Old 3rd January 2008, 18:00   #254
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
you get it for 399$ in US which IMHO is tremendous value for money.

The phone has a fast processor and enough RAM to run all the applications and browse the resource heavy websites without the response time getting affected. The browser is the most sophisticated I have seen on a mobile device, it opens websites exactly as it would on a PC.

8 GB memory on board memory, a decent two mega pixel camera, a populous battery, great video, wifi, bluetooth, a great web browser, built in pop clients for gmail, yahoo (you just need to enter the user name and password, rest it does it all by itself) 399$ is not much.

BUT try other phones and they do have the flow capability, along with many of the above mentioned stuff including mail configs and much more business functionality.

After seeing a friends IPhone i have decided i will definitely buy it AFTER they release Version 2 of the phone and a piece with no lock or sim thingie to unlock. Why i would buy, just for the internet browser and the screen, nothing i have seen in phones comes close.

I dont think i can handle a phone with Software/OS which cannot be updated based on my whims and fancies, period!!

I hate Apple for going with this locking business, i can understand using prop software but deciding who can buy it and where one can use it?? Its plain ol crap!! Then again maybe the exclusivity got it the require hype also lol
Old 4th January 2008, 18:26   #255
BHPian

Where in B'lore can one buy an iphone & what is the "running price" pls???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks