Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2007, 15:54   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post

If you get a 1.1.2, suggest you just downgrade to 1.1.1 and unlock/use it.
ummm that cant be done from what i have read. the new firmware seems to smarter. pls pm me if you know how to exactly do it.
Old 2nd December 2007, 19:55   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal View Post
ummm that cant be done from what i have read. the new firmware seems to smarter. pls pm me if you know how to exactly do it.
The smarter part is the new boot loader(4.6), available on week 45+ phones. The initial set of 1.1.2 s had boot loader version 3.9, and this is something which comes from the factory, not iTunes updatable. Phones with boot loader 3.9 can be downgraded etc.

A "workaround" for this is expected when the next baseband update comes out. - Geohot Blog - Apple iPhone Unlocked | 10 Steps To Unlock iPhone

And a friend was saying that he "read" that the sim stuff(like turbo/super sim) still works...
Old 3rd December 2007, 10:40   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post

And a friend was saying that he "read" that the sim stuff(like turbo/super sim) still works...
Thats right, Turbo Sim is a fool proof method because it has nothing to do with the phones software. No update can mess with it unless apple does some hardware changes which is unlikely.

But Turbo Sim has been out of stock for months now, its very hard to get hold of one. I had seen some on ebay for 80$ ! The damn thing probably costs like 8 cents to make !
Old 3rd December 2007, 11:14   #199
BANNED

is there a way to jailbreak the 1.1.2 as yet ? i cant seem to find it at all. a friend has jus got one but cant use it. the menu starts now with itunes logo and slide key in diff. languages. i guess ill break it for him to use as an ipod for a while lol
Old 3rd December 2007, 11:17   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Thats right, Turbo Sim is a fool proof method because it has nothing to do with the phones software. No update can mess with it unless apple does some hardware changes which is unlikely.

But Turbo Sim has been out of stock for months now, its very hard to get hold of one. I had seen some on ebay for 80$ ! The damn thing probably costs like 8 cents to make !
Ye, and I think there is a similar sim available in the chinese market for 30$ or so.
Old 3rd December 2007, 12:12   #201
BHPian

Quote:

Cloning the SIM card could work as well, as long as you have a slightly older SIM(year or more for Airtel, probably). Of course, I do not know how to do that, and sure as hell, that should be illegal around this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
is there a way to jailbreak the 1.1.2 as yet ? i cant seem to find it at all. a friend has jus got one but cant use it. the menu starts now with itunes logo and slide key in diff. languages. i guess ill break it for him to use as an ipod for a while lol
Does it have the new boot loader?

eBay Guides - iPhone bootloader check for OTB 1.1.2 iphones

Last edited by tadukuttan : 3rd December 2007 at 12:20.
Old 3rd December 2007, 12:50   #202
BHPian

yes it does have a new bootloader that the big problem. Or else unlocking it wouldn't be a problem
Old 4th December 2007, 22:02   #203
BHPian

so basically if we have the latest bootloader, all we can do is wait (for how long)? nothing can be done at the moment to make it work with NON AT&T SIM cards right?
Old 5th December 2007, 10:59   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal View Post
so basically if we have the latest bootloader, all we can do is wait (for how long)? nothing can be done at the moment to make it work with NON AT&T SIM cards right?
Yep, you gotta wait! The dev team is yet to release the hardware unlock method for OOB 1.1.2. Dont know when the software unlock will be out.

@All,

Is there any way of copying files onto my phone without using wi-fi? Is there an option where I can plug in the iPhone and use winSCP to connect? The only option I found was iPhonebrowser, I havent tried it yet. Anyone to give me some feedback on this one please?

Last edited by HellwratH : 5th December 2007 at 11:01.
Old 5th December 2007, 20:20   #205
BHPian

no news on the iphone coming to India yet?
Old 6th December 2007, 10:27   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

I found a small glitch in my iPhone. The 'WWW' in my APN Edge settings vanishes each time i restart my phone, so i have to enter the WWW under APN everytime i restart my phone.

ANy other iPhone users having this problem? I am using v1.1.1
Old 6th December 2007, 13:39   #207
BHPian

Quote:
I found a small glitch in my iPhone. The 'WWW' in my APN Edge settings vanishes each time i restart my phone, so i have to enter the WWW under APN everytime i restart my phone.

ANy other iPhone users having this problem? I am using v1.1.1
Why do you need to prefix www to APN? I am assuming APN=Access Point Name. For me, I just have to add airtelgprs.com to my WM6 phone under APN. Could it be different for iPhone?
Old 7th December 2007, 01:03   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

I am not sure but that's what the vodafone advanced GPRS dept asked me to do. That's the only setting I needed to do.
Old 7th December 2007, 13:39   #209
BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure but that's what the vodafone advanced GPRS dept asked me to do. That's the only setting I needed to do.
Hi
There is some problem with version 1.1.1 with the EDGE saving...
You can get it fixed here...I had the same problem but not any more...
Enjoy
Old 7th December 2007, 17:28   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_gr8est1 View Post
Hi
There is some problem with version 1.1.1 with the EDGE saving...
You can get it fixed here...I had the same problem but not any more...
Enjoy
Thanks Neo...I never went thru the Installer 3 app on my phone... but found the fix.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks