Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2015, 12:17   #7651
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz3645 View Post
I need help with iPhone 6. Issue is internet connectivity. Wifi connectivity is perfect it is only when using 3G via sim, ie OTA data connectivity.

Now I thought it is the IP address which is creating an issues, like sometimes laptop when connected to two different connectivity source, one after another, there is a lag, it wont latch to the new until you restart flushing the old IP. In this case from Wifi to Sim.
So you are using your iPhone as hotspot to browse on your Laptop? and that is when you face the problem?
So 3G works fine on the mobile itself?
Old 25th March 2015, 17:04   #7652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanomics View Post
So you are using your iPhone as hotspot to browse on your Laptop? and that is when you face the problem?
So 3G works fine on the mobile itself?

Thanks Amanomics,

It is the 3G connection on iPhone which is the problem. It hardly latches on the 3G network, where as any other brand phone beside latches on the same network seamlessly. Making it a hotspot is not even a possibility as 3G data connectivity is hardly there in it.

Initially I thought since the phone gets transferred from home wifi to sim 3G, it may be the IP address which may be creating a problem.

Every phone when connected will have E/G/3G/H/H+ when connected, ie a live data connection, this iPhone 6 just sits duck major of the time, none of the above Signs, and prefers latching on to home wifi only.

1) Reset network settings

Or
APP usually found with android and called Network booster, or connectivity booster, which resets network signal incase of weak or signal drop.

I am looking for such an app for iPhone, any pointers or feedback will be a help.
Old 25th March 2015, 17:30   #7653
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Amanomics,

It is the 3G connection on iPhone which is the problem. It hardly latches on the 3G network, where as any other brand phone beside latches on the same network seamlessly. Making it a hotspot is not even a possibility as 3G data connectivity is hardly there in it.

Initially I thought since the phone gets transferred from home wifi to sim 3G, it may be the IP address which may be creating a problem.

Every phone when connected will have E/G/3G/H/H+ when connected, ie a live data connection, this iPhone 6 just sits duck major of the time, none of the above Signs, and prefers latching on to home wifi only.

Or
APP usually found with android and called Network booster, or connectivity booster, which resets network signal incase of weak or signal drop.

I am looking for such an app for iPhone, any pointers or feedback will be a help.
I'm not aware of any such app, plus I really doubt their claim as well!

Is the phone purchased in India? It looks like a sync problem with your network and mobile.
You tried the same sim on another mobile and its shows 3G signal? and you sure all data connection points on the iphone are enabled?
Old 25th March 2015, 18:14   #7654
BHPian

Quote:

You may want to see the first 2 min of before you go out and put your faith in some Apps making false claims.
Old 25th March 2015, 19:07   #7655
BHPian

Quote:
I'm not aware of any such app, plus I really doubt their claim as well!

Is the phone purchased in India? It looks like a sync problem with your network and mobile.
You tried the same sim on another mobile and its shows 3G signal? and you sure all data connection points on the iphone are enabled?
Yes, phone purchased in India, also all data connection points are enabled. I will do the sim in another mobile today, and get back to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_gear View Post
You may want to see the first 2 min of this video before you go out and put your faith in some Apps making false claims.
I fully agree to your point. When a signal gets weak or their is a signal drop, I will have to manually activate and deactivate 'Airplane mode', in a way refreshing the signals, just my way. Not sure, but the mobile system will as well have a reaction programmed to it. It is just mental satisfaction as these apps do the same on and off of 'Airplane mode'.
Old 25th March 2015, 22:19   #7656
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Yes, phone purchased in India, also all data connection points are enabled. I will do the sim in another mobile today, and get back to you.
I fully agree to your point. When a signal gets weak or their is a signal drop, I will have to manually activate and deactivate 'Airplane mode', in a way refreshing the signals, just my way. Not sure, but the mobile system will as well have a reaction programmed to it. It is just mental satisfaction as these apps do the same on and off of 'Airplane mode'.

I would straightaway take it to a nearest apple service centre along with a spare phone having the same company's SIM card as in your iPhone to demonstrate the exact issues. And if your iPhone acts as you've described, I'm sure you are gonna be getting a brand new phone as a replacement.

P.S. You don't use any cover/jacket etc, do you?
Old 26th March 2015, 19:37   #7657
BHPian

The iPhone Thread-5s.png

Am I dreaming or what?
Old 27th March 2015, 02:19   #7658
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
Am I dreaming or what?
Did you grab the golden opportunity with both hands and attempt to buy it immediately?

If it's a brand new phone, then I guess it must have been a simple error on the website. A deliberate joke can be ruled out since it isn't April 1st yet.

Last edited by RSR : 27th March 2015 at 02:21.
Old 27th March 2015, 04:53   #7659
BHPian

My iPhone 5s screen is popping off. From google research, the top culprit seems to be battery bulge. My battery has anyway been erratic and could be the reason for my screen pop off too. Checking if anyone can forecast the damage to my pocket 😊
Old 27th March 2015, 08:14   #7660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Did you grab the golden opportunity with both hands and attempt to buy it immediately?

If it's a brand new phone, then I guess it must have been a simple error on the website. A deliberate joke can be ruled out since it isn't April 1st yet.
Of course I did try buying, and even the net payment amount was Rs.4500 in the last step, but finally an error popped up saying that the product cannot be shipped to my location
Old 27th March 2015, 23:12   #7661
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_gear View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lokesh View Post
P.S. You don't use any cover/jacket etc, do you?
Thank you Amanomics, Reverse_gear and 1lokesh.

Update as of today,
  • To do Service Center visit for demo of same sim in another phone.
  • Last time Service Center said its BSNL which is the issue, so another brand sim along as well.
  • The present phone (Gold) is also a new replacement, as 1st buy developed battery issue, same service center.
  • Like the tilting of Bajaj scooter, this phone seems to catch internet connectivity occasionally with the airplane on off method. But speed is an issue as compared to other brand phone.
  • Whats app gets some messages on 3G when latched ( I think Whats app is a push type app like BB).
  • Yes it does wear a silicone jacket, but even without it, is same.

Thanks for helping.
Old 29th March 2015, 08:35   #7662
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Amanomics,

Or

Me too was having similar issues with 3G in my iPhone 6. My iPad also was having the same issue with bsnl sim. All this have started after from spectrum change / modifications by BSNL some one year back. However, the problem with iPhone is rectified after the latest update (8.2). Which version is your iOS? Before update, the setting used to show as " LTE " and now it is showing "3G". Didn't check it in my iPad though. Please try updating and let us know the results.
Old 30th March 2015, 01:32   #7663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakri400 View Post
My iPhone 5s screen is popping off.
From google research, the top culprit seems to be battery bulge.
My battery has anyway been erratic and could be the reason for my screen pop off too.
Checking if anyone can forecast the damage to my pocket.
Don't worry, my more than 2-years old, out of warranty, iPhone 5 was replaced just last week for the same issue.
Just take a backup & drop your iPhone off at the nearest Apple iCare center.
You should receive your replacement iPhone in 2 to 4 days - free of cost.
My experience below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
17th March :
I have a 'bought-in-India' iPhone 5 which has also developed the 'bulging' battery issue !
And it's also got the non-functioning 'Home' button problem.
Quote:
22nd March :
I guess Apple does take care of it's own
Gave my iPhone to Apple Care here in Chennai Thursday evening, got a replacement iPhone today evening (Saturday).
Not only was my original phone out of warranty, it wasn't showing up under the battery recall program either.
When I'd dropped off the phone they told me that I'd have to pay 23K for the battery replacement.
But apparently, the 'bulging battery' issue's still covered & they gave me a replacement phone today.

Last edited by im_srini : 30th March 2015 at 01:34.
Old 30th March 2015, 07:57   #7664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't worry, my more than 2-years old, out of warranty, iPhone 5 was replaced just last week for the same issue.
Just take a backup & drop your iPhone off at the nearest Apple iCare center.
You should receive your replacement iPhone in 2 to 4 days - free of cost.
My experience below...

Can you please share some information about the condition of the replacement phone?
Old 30th March 2015, 09:38   #7665
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Can you please share some information about the condition of the replacement phone?
If the phone is replaced by an Apple authorized store or service provider, the replacement device will be of similar specs as that of the phone it replaces, which means color, memory capacity, as well as type/model.

The device is a refurbished device which comes from the factory, and would be scratch free. You do not get a box or accessories along with the device, as it is simply a replacement phone. Here in Australia, the replacement device comes with a 90 days warranty attached, but i am not sure how the case is in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks