Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2016, 10:42   #901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
I was thinking I may get good resale value while the inverter is still functional.
I don't think the inverter warrants a change now. You will likely get only ~1.5 to 2k for it, I imagine as it is only 800va capacity. I was offered by APC a brand new replacement for my inverter if I took a 2 year Amc from them for 3k. That sort of deal is pretty good. I am still running that replaced square wave inverter now 9 years later. I have another APC that is 4 years old which is a sine wave.
Old 5th July 2016, 18:57   #902
Senior - BHPian

Re: Inverter Batteries

It took 4 days for my dealer to arrange for Luminous Zelio 1100. I had to tweet to the company - not sure if they really did anything other than asking for my number.

Finally got the product installed on Saturday and put it in UPS mode.
The product looks quite polished. Not tested much, so cannot comment further.
I am still not aware of the efficiency curve of this product.
Expecting a bigger electricity bill.
Old 13th July 2016, 15:35   #903
BHPian

So, i bought Autobat tall tubular battery 160AH today. It's coupled with Microtek Sinewave inverter.
Dealer was gaga about it but i couldn't find any reviews online.
I found the dealer as genuine guy. Cost came to 8,000 INR after exchanging Exide Inva Red 150 AH (flat tubular). Didn't have good experience with Exide.
It completed 4 years. out of these, i was out of country for 2 years (battery was maintained regularly during this time). last 1 year was with hardly any backup.

Will test this new battery on weekend for performance.
Old 17th July 2016, 08:11   #904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
It took 4 days for my dealer to arrange for Luminous Zelio 1100.
I am still not aware of the efficiency curve of this product.
Expecting a bigger electricity bill.
SUN, I too have bought the same inverter recently. While charging, it makes quite bit of noise. Guess the fan at the back switches on and off. Does your unit behave the same? My wife says, she hasn't seen any other inverter make such a big noise so often.
Old 17th July 2016, 12:33   #905
Senior - BHPian

Anyone here has heard of "Indo" brand of batteries ? I was recently hunting for an inverter , and a Luminous 1050 VA (Eco Watt) inverter paired to a 150 AH "Indo" brand battery came to around 14K in total. The dealer was very gaga over this brand, saying it is local to Pune and service is never an issue with them, unlike Exide.

PS : Most dealers (I visited 7-8 of them) quoted ridiculous prices compared to what I am seeing online with roughly a ~5k Rs difference.
Old 18th July 2016, 15:40   #906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
SUN, I too have bought the same inverter recently. While charging, it makes quite bit of noise. Guess the fan at the back switches on and off. Does your unit behave the same? My wife says, she hasn't seen any other inverter make such a big noise so often.
Hi,
Yes. I noticed this a few days ago.

This is quite opposite to the earlier inverter's behaviour which would make a noise only when there would be a power failure.

While charging, the earlier inverter was silent - whereas this one actually makes some noise.

In my case, the product is installed in a the balcony inside a closed wooden box (with ventilation).
Hence the noise is not very audible to us, unless everything around is quiet.
Old 19th July 2016, 12:01   #907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Quote:
Hi,

This is quite opposite to the earlier inverter's behaviour which would make a noise only when there would be a power failure.

While charging, the earlier inverter was silent - whereas this one actually makes some noise.

In my case, the product is installed in a the balcony inside a closed wooden box (with ventilation).
I have been using this inverter since more than a month now. But i have not observed any kind of noise either during charging or discharging.
Old 27th July 2016, 12:31   #908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Anyone here has heard of "Indo" brand of batteries ? I was recently hunting for an inverter , and a Luminous 1050 VA (Eco Watt) inverter paired to a 150 AH "Indo" brand battery came to around 14K in total. The dealer was very gaga over this brand, saying it is local to Pune and service is never an issue with them, unlike Exide.
*bump*
Any suggestions about this battery Brand ? Apparently , its a C10 battery which seems to make it better than equivalently priced Exides.

PS : I just discovered that the "indo" battery factory itself is quite close to where the inverter installation is to be done.
Old 27th July 2016, 13:29   #909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Anyone here has heard of "Indo" brand of batteries ? The dealer was very gaga over this brand, saying it is local to Pune and service is never an issue with them, unlike Exide.
What is this "service" for a battery? Top-up with distilled water is usually done by the dealer for a service charge once in 6 months or so regardless of the brand of battery.

In my 10 years of usage, I have never had the need to do any other service. Once the battery dies out, I always get it replaced with a fresh one that comes with a new warranty usually for 3 years or more. I stick with Exide these days as they are reliable within the warranty period, plus I like that the newer Exides have an indicator which specifies the liquid level in each of the cells.

Don't know much about Indo unfortunately.
Old 27th July 2016, 14:34   #910
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for your feedback Nowwhat?. I think I will stick to Exide/Big brands for now.
Old 27th July 2016, 15:22   #911
BHPian

Recently went for a completely new inverter setup. Was initially keen to go for the Luminous Cruze 2KVA but i was not able to find it online. So instead i took a Microtek 2KVA inverter with 2 Amaron Tall Tubular batteries. Got the inverter from Snapdeal for 8k (including delivery charges) while the Batteries came from the local dealer at 13k each. (The inverter is currently listed for about 1k less on Snapdeal! )

It had been running smoothly for a week now handling some short time powercuts in between. The inverter is silent and seems to be doing its job well.

I am very happy with the battery performance as i accidentally had a chance to see the battery capability. When the local electrician had set up the inverter, he forgot to switch on the main power connection for the inverter when he finished the work and left around 9:00pm. Thus we unknowing ran on inverter power for the night. As the rest of the house was running on the main line power, we did not realise the inverter-phase was running on battery power. It was only the next day when the the battery got drained and power stopped, did we realise that the inverter switch to the mains was off, as the main power line had power while the inverter-phase line was off. Once we switched on the plug for the inverter, it was back to normal. This means we easily got over 9-10 hrs of battery usage (fans, tubelights and fridge ).
Old 1st August 2016, 22:03   #912
BHPian

Does anyone (from Bangalore) know where can we buy good quality trolley for keeping the battery (single) at an economical price? I was quoted 2K for cheap looking one recently when I inquired few weeks ago.
Old 2nd August 2016, 12:10   #913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

@shipnil: I have noticed when the UPS takes over (say due to power fluctuation), there is some audible sound - it is like some metal banging sound. There is slight dip in the output of the LED in our house during such a 'switch-over'.
Other than that, I don't see any problem area at the moment.

The noise during charging - is not that quite audible to me now-a-days.
Old 2nd August 2016, 14:55   #914
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I change the batteries of my APC Smart 1500. The list price from APC is more than twice of the Rs.4,000 I paid for two 17AH batteries. All that you have to do is to take the connectors, cable and the top cover from the old set and fix it on the new set. You have to use duct tape to keep them together, as the battery has to be a single unit, so that it can be just slid into the receptacle even when the UPC is working.
Old 10th August 2016, 12:05   #915
Senior - BHPian

Just a heads-up.
There are some discounts offered by Luminous https://www.luminouseshop.com/

Don't go by the MRP mentioned there -since outside market rate is no where close to that figure.
You might still get a good deal though - so check local market and then decide.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks