Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2016, 20:00   #886
BHPian

Re: Inverter Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Did you finalize on the solar inverter?
Not yet , The panel seems quite pricey.
As my usage is not going to be much the extra expediture seems heavy on the pockets.
Old 12th May 2016, 22:44   #887
Senior - BHPian

So, the Sukam pure sine wave inverter's charger gave up the ghost some 4 months ago (mid January IIRC). Called the Sukam helpline and like clock work the technician landed on time & gave an estimate of 2200/- for the PCB to be replaced. Thus started the hunt for a new inverter. The search inter spread with dilly dallying of routine life ended last week with the Luminous 2.0 KVA Cruze, pure sine wave inverter.

The Cruze went online last Friday and by Saturday dinner time the display on the screen had changed from CHARGING to 99% CHARGE. This after the Amaron Current 150 Ah inverter duty batteries had been lying idle(disconnected) since mid January. With the onset of summer, within this week the system has seen off power cuts ranging from 1+hour to a few minutes & I am genuinely pleased at having shelled out a few extra bucks for Amaron Current 3+ years ago.

Last edited by khoj : 12th May 2016 at 22:53.
Old 18th May 2016, 13:23   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
This after the Amaron Current 150 Ah inverter duty batteries had been lying idle(disconnected) since mid January. With the onset of summer, within this week the system has seen off power cuts ranging from 1+hour to a few minutes & I am genuinely pleased at having shelled out a few extra bucks for Amaron Current 3+ years ago.
That seems like a really lucky/well researched buy! Most batteries would have seriously reduced capacity, died out if left idle for such a long time.
Old 29th May 2016, 10:48   #889
BHPian

I was looking for pointers on inverters and came across this thread.

After all the due diligence (offline and online), I had zeroed in on Amaron battery and inverter combination, main reason being Amaron being battery of choice.
Found my local authorized dealer giving a little better deal at Rs 19500/- for 150AH tubular battery (48 months) and 880 VA inverter (24months) as compared to BatteryWale.

However, a quick look at a couple pages here it seems Luminous' is inverter of choice, so in two minds now.
Would like to get feedback from anyone who might have used Amaron inverter!!
Old 30th May 2016, 00:46   #890
Senior - BHPian

Seems it was a mix of both. As of last weekend the inverter held steady on "Smart Charging" mode. Called the Luminous help line and the technician turned up. He brought in a couple of batteries from the service centre and the same were connected to the inverter, in about 5 minutes the inverter display changed to 99% and held steady for the next few hours while the technician made other calls in the general area. Obviously the batteries (made & bought in 2012)had become terribly weak so they were changed this weekend with brand new 150Ah Amaron Current batteries with manufacturing date of April'16.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT_Dwarka View Post
That seems like a really lucky/well researched buy! Most batteries would have seriously reduced capacity, died out if left idle for such a long time.

I have both the combinations that you are pondering over. In my office I have a 800Va Xenon(now called Amaron) inverter c/w an Amaron current 150AH battery. The inverter is nearly a decade old now and I have never had an issue with it. Just change battery as & when required.

At home I have a Luminous Cruze 2KVa coupled to a pair of 150 Ah Amaron Current batteries. This is a new set up and no complaints thus far. Previous set up was a 1400Va Sukam again coupled to a pair of Amaron Current batteries of 150 Ah rating. That inverter was a bit older than the Xenon and it's charger gave up the ghost earlier this year, so decade + of service.

In a nut shell, almost all inverters are alike in quality, so buy one that has a 'Pure Sine wave' form output and is the most economical to buy.

As for the battery I had the following prices(after returning the old battery) for the 150Ah Amaron Current model

Battery Bhai Unmentionably expensive
Battery wale 8700/-
Amaron Pit stop near my house 7600/- &
Amaron Pit stop across town 6700/-

Needless to say the business went across town. Order placed at noon, batteries delivered and installed by 6.30pm complete with guarantee card duly stamped & Bill with a TIN number etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
I was looking for pointers on inverters and came across this thread.
However, a quick look at a couple pages here it seems Luminous' is inverter of choice, so in two minds now.
Would like to get feedback from anyone who might have used Amaron inverter!!
Old 7th June 2016, 18:22   #891
BHPian

Guys, how's the experience of Luminous batteries? Are they equal to Amaron? Pricewise I see both Amaron and Luminous quite close for same rating batteries. Shopowner is pushing for Luminous. Even paytm has combo offers for inverter+battery from Luminous. I need to buy both.
Old 24th June 2016, 14:19   #892
BHPian

Recently installed UPS at home.
1) Inverter - Luminous Zelio 1100
2) Battery - Inva Smart 8500 (150AH)
Total cost for Inverter + Battery = 18000
Never had a long power cut since i installed them, so I am not in a position to write about its performance.
Old 25th June 2016, 18:16   #893
Senior - BHPian

^Luminous Zelio 1100 is selling online under Rs. 5000 which is quite good if the product is really as good as reviews indicate.
I am not able to find the efficiency % of this product. Can anyone check and get back?

Secondly, can someone confirm the maximum wattage for this product 1100? Is it 720 Watt?

Last edited by S_U_N : 25th June 2016 at 18:18.
Old 27th June 2016, 18:11   #894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
^Luminous Zelio 1100 is selling online under Rs. 5000 which is quite good if the product is really as good as reviews indicate.
I am not able to find the efficiency % of this product. Can anyone check and get back?

Secondly, can someone confirm the maximum wattage for this product 1100? Is it 720 Watt?
The details are available on the pdf brochure on the website. I think efficiency is around 76%. So with this efficiency, it would have max wattage of some 685 watts. It is a 900 watt rated inverter.
Old 28th June 2016, 12:00   #895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
The details are available on the pdf brochure on the website. I think efficiency is around 76%. So with this efficiency, it would have max wattage of some 685 watts. It is a 900 watt rated inverter.
^Thanks. But I still cannot find anything other than https://luminousindia.com/assets/dow...eups-zelio.pdf

Now, when I talk about efficiency I am talking about something described here in detail
http://www.emersonnetworkpower.com/d...efficiency.pdf

Sadly there is no efficiency curve that I can find for this product.
Old 28th June 2016, 13:47   #896
BHPian

Quote:
^t.
Quote:
?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintomin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
?
Im runnning Luminous Zelio 1100 since 1yr+ with Luminous Tall Red Charge Battery 12V. No issues at all, very good backup. For 2-3 fans and 1-2 TL it gives 7+ hrs of backup. Water in battery still above 50% of tolerance.

usually as per thumb rule, UPS should not be used at its max capacity as it has high loss conversion. Best is to take 40-60% extra capacity inverter.

Im shifting to bigger place, planning for Solar NXG hybrid Inverter 1500VA / 24V
https://www.luminouseshop.com/collec...ter-1500va-24v

with 15Ah or 180ah batteries (again Luminous)

Later add Solar Panels of 1KW

However 1500VA is small capacity, would need close to 2KV.

Last edited by devrajman : 28th June 2016 at 13:49.
Old 4th July 2016, 22:03   #897
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

After 6 Yrs of service the Su-Kam Big Tubular battery 180AH that I was using, has given up. Three plates are damaged as per the battery guy.

I have to replace the battery and below are the options that I found. Please suggest which battery to go for.

1. Amaron Current 180AH Tall Tubular Battery - Rs 11,000
2. Su-Kam Big 180AH Tubular Battery - Rs 11,500
3. Exide Inva Master 200 AH Tubular Battery - Rs 13,200.

The inverter is Su-Kam Falcon 800 VA Pure Sinewave inverter which is also 6 Yrs old. Do you think it is a good idea to exchange the inverter as well ?

Please advise.

Last edited by F150 : 4th July 2016 at 22:07.
Old 5th July 2016, 09:34   #898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Hi All,

Please suggest which battery to go for.

1. Amaron Current 180AH Tall Tubular Battery - Rs 11,000
2. Su-Kam Big 180AH Tubular Battery - Rs 11,500
3. Exide Inva Master 200 AH Tubular Battery - Rs 13,200.

The inverter is Su-Kam Falcon 800 VA Pure Sinewave inverter which is also 6 Yrs old. Do you think it is a good idea to exchange the inverter as well ?
You don't need to change the inverter now. Electronics generally last a long time. We have had inverters running for more than 15, 18 years with no issues. We eventually dump them as they are less efficient compared to the modern ones.
You can opt for Amaron batteries as they seem to have better customer ratings.
Old 5th July 2016, 10:02   #899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
You can opt for Amaron batteries as they seem to have better customer ratings.
+1 to Amaron. I am fed up with Exide and am switching all to Amaron as and when they die. My Exide on one of my inverters failed one cell in its 2nd year itself. My Qualis Exide battery failed 14 months into my purchase and recently quit on a very important ceremonial day for my family. I am now using Amaron on one of my inverters, the other one is on Exide tubular. Both my cars are now on Amaron too.
Btw @F150 your price for the Amaron is a good one. I paid 11300 after exchanging the older battery and 200 for delivery.
Old 5th July 2016, 10:04   #900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
You don't need to change the inverter now. Electronics generally last a long time. We have had inverters running for more than 15, 18 years with no issues. We eventually dump them as they are less efficient compared to the modern ones.
I was thinking I may get good resale value while the inverter is still functional. I am inclined to go for the Luminous Zelio inverter which also shows the backup time left. Is the backup time accurate or just show off ?

Most Viewed