Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2010, 23:03   #136
Senior - BHPian

People,

Team bhp has PayPal for online stores. How much does it costs annually (or monthly) to have PayPal on website?

Also I read about the cart software’s for having online shopping option on a website. Any one has implemented this on their website? How much it costs to implement same?

Thank You
Old 16th August 2011, 16:53   #137
BHPian

Re: Designing a new website

Hi All,
I need some references for good website designer who can do End-2-End stuff from designing till maintainance for one of my friend wholesale shop. Finally he decided to went online after years of suggestions. But totally non-technical, so need someone who can make his site up and running and maintain as well. Anything local in NCR will be preferred, but open for All India level too.
Old 17th August 2011, 12:50   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
People,

Team bhp has PayPal for online stores. How much does it costs annually (or monthly) to have PayPal on website?

Also I read about the cart software’s for having online shopping option on a website. Any one has implemented this on their website? How much it costs to implement same?

Thank You
Paypal sign up is free, all you need is a credit card to verify your identity, however Recently R.B.I. has blocked paypal to do transaction between Indian customer and Indian Merchant so its more like useless for Indian Site Owners by now.
If you gonna have good payment gateway then it should be ccavenue or ebs atleast.

Shopping carts are very easy, but depends which one you use.
there are many free carts available but depends on what exactly your requirement is, Normally most carts would allow your visitors to browse, , Sign up, shop, while at backend it will allow you to manage products, pricing, quantity, billing, shipping.
check oscommerce or use your best friend, Google :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Hi All,
I need some references for good website designer who can do End-2-End stuff from designing till maintainance for one of my friend wholesale shop. Finally he decided to went online after years of suggestions. But totally non-technical, so need someone who can make his site up and running and maintain as well. Anything local in NCR will be preferred, but open for All India level too.
I've a friend who works in delhi as a senior php developer, but might do external projects part time, he can also connect you to other designers and get you a quote.
Its best to consult 2-3 designers than to blindly fall for one.
A webpage design can cost anything from Rs.200 a page to Rs.100000 a page, depends what exactly it consists of.
ghpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 13:04   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
Paypal sign up is free, all you need is a credit card to verify your identity, however Recently R.B.I. has blocked paypal to do transaction between Indian customer and Indian Merchant so its more like useless for Indian Site Owners by now.
If you gonna have good payment gateway then it should be ccavenue or ebs atleast.
That's news to me. I have an Indian PayPal account and my payments are processed perfectly fine.
Old 17th August 2011, 14:36   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
That's news to me. I have an Indian PayPal account and my payments are processed perfectly fine.
It's like this. If you have a PP a/c, you can receive payments from other people which will be added to your PP balance. But if you want to pay someone via PP, it will get debited from the CC by which you have verified your PP. You don't have an option to choose the PayPal balance while paying for something, you can only withdraw it.
prateekm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 14:49   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
It can be due to following reasons
1).The person who sent you money may be from another country.
2).this might not be a limitation of personal account.

I've a business account and since jan 2011 paypal blocked all inland transactions, Apart from this we cannot use any amount from our paypal for purchases made online, payments to anybody, the received money must be withdrawn to our Indian Bank account and paypal sends it thru NEFT from their India Office.

Although this was done to stop people hiding their transactions/Income done thru paypal, but this killed business of People who already had their PAN card saved in paypal for 5 years and always included there transaction details in ITR.
India is well known for cutting the wrong cables in I.T. Industry.
ghpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 15:06   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
You don't have an option to choose the PayPal balance while paying for something, you can only withdraw it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
It can be due to following reasons
1).The person who sent you money may be from another country.
2).this might not be a limitation of personal account.
Thanks guys for clearing this out. Mine is also a business account, but all my payments are from outside India. Also, I haven't tried using my PayPal balance to purchase something.
Old 11th November 2012, 10:52   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Advise needed on web site building software

Wondering if there are any real Internet / web builders guru's amongst our members.

Over the last three years, whilst we lived in the USA I have built my own website. see http://jeroendorrestein.com/Frances%...n/Welcome.html

I own the domain jeroendorrestein.com. A few weeks ago I've started my second web site on the same domain for our Indian adventure.

I used iWeb09 to built both web sites. I use a MacPro with OSX 10.8.

I found the iWeb extremely convenient and easy to use. It's essentially all drag and drop. So for the purpose of capturing our lives in the US and now in India, through stories, photographs, little videos etc it is perfect.

However, one of my hobbies is photography and I want to built a specific web site to show my best photgraphs. So I want to show them full screen (which isnt possible with a web site based on iWeb.) Most photograpsh are between 2.5 and 5 Mb. (works fine on iWeb!)

So I'm looking for an easy to use program that allows me to built a very simple web site to show my photographs as big and as high a resolution I could I could possible get.

And I don't like doing anything in HTML or similar. I really prefer drop and drag. But if I have no choice I might delve into some basic programming again.

Obviously, I would want to put it on the same domain, but I don't think that is a problem as such. Got plenty storage space.

Thanks

Jeroen
Old 11th November 2012, 11:13   #144
BHPian

Re: Advise needed on web site building software

Take a look at WordPress. You can install it on your own host and then you'll find many plugins which can show your photos at full screen. I myself have a website which uses WordPress and have developed a plugin myself for photo galleries.
Old 11th November 2012, 11:23   #145
BHPian

Try carbonmade.com or 500pxfor setting up a portfolio site.
Old 12th November 2012, 01:31   #146

You need a CMS ( Content Management System )

At present there are many CMS available on the net.

The most renowned ones are Wordpress and Joomla.

Please see the below link for a better understanding

http://www.gadgetcage.com/joomla-vs-...website/15701/

You can use xampp for local development . xampp for Mac is available from the following link

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-macosx.html

If you choose joomla , there are inumerable templates available on the net.
Old 13th November 2012, 13:47   #147
BHPian

Drupal or Joomla might be an overkill for your needs. They have high learning curve and the trouble is not worth for you. You would be better off to use a standalone gallery script where you just 'drop' your images into one directory and the script will do the rest. You can link to this using your existing pages.
Old 13th November 2012, 14:13   #148
BHPian

easiest for galleries and portfolios is wordpress and go for a readymade template such as

www.themeforest.com
Old 13th November 2012, 19:07   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
So I'm looking for an easy to use program that allows me to built a very simple web site to show my photographs as big and as high a resolution I could I could possible get.tyr

And I don't like doing anything in HTML or similar. I really prefer drop and drag. But if I have no choice I might delve into some basic programming again.

Obviously, I would want to put it on the same domain, but I don't think that is a problem as such. Got plenty storage space.

Thanks

Jeroen
Do try Sumgmug - Link. There are some more I cant remember right now, these are in CS5 and give you a full screen view of your images, will update again.

edit - try this one, Link also has a tutorial.

Last edited by neofromcapone : 13th November 2012 at 19:31. Reason: url added
Old 13th November 2012, 19:10   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks everybody. Bit more research to do.
Jeroen

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks