Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2008, 01:25   #46
BHPian

Hi guys
I'm so sorry for not writing in all this time but been off sick. Would log in for a couple of minutes just to check what's goin on and then the lappy would be snatched away. Anyhow

Sudev, thank you so much for all your help but at this juncture, I'm goin to pass the website designing stuff to a professional company. Although I did get the hang of website designing, largely thanks to your help, the content writing part and the "flash" part is something which i won't be able to deal with. Also, the website promotion is something which i want to look at, so, doing my own website may not put the right message across to my clients.

However, what you could do is, put down a step by step narrative here for all those guys who would want to make their own website. Maybe that helps the others

Cheers!
M2S
Old 22nd August 2008, 15:34   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Good to know you are back on your feet. Since no one took up the offer to dig in developing the site I deleted m2s.xso.in.

Over the independence day week end I something on Drupal -another CMS - and the system is at pre-launch stage. Check Beacon | : geo positioning infomatics & locator
Old 1st September 2008, 14:10   #48
BHPian

webhosting problems

I have a problem here..
I wanted to build a website of my own so I used Google-Apps and registered a domain , (basically uses enom.com for domain registration). The it gives me place to administer.
I see that the web page opens with google search engine embedded in it. Since this is free hosting google puts all its components there.
So I decided to get a website hosting space at net4.in and got the basic plan of Rs.500 . Now net4.in gives me a ftp address and password. but when i login using any ftp client it doesnot login at all. and also how do i make my domain name ... registered with Google-Apps to point to net4.in hosting?
Please help
Old 2nd September 2008, 16:37   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by four_tire View Post
I have a problem here..
I wanted to build a website of my own so I used Google-Apps and registered a domain , (basically uses enom.com for domain registration). The it gives me place to administer.
I see that the web page opens with google search engine embedded in it. Since this is free hosting google puts all its components there.
So I decided to get a website hosting space at net4.in and got the basic plan of Rs.500 . Now net4.in gives me a ftp address and password. but when i login using any ftp client it doesnot login at all. and also how do i make my domain name ... registered with Google-Apps to point to net4.in hosting?
Please help

Your Domain is already registered with google and google wont Unregister it without a fee. Now all you can do is look for someother name. As it is even if you are for net4.in then also the domain name will be free to you for a certain amt of time and then they will ask for hell lot of money to renew your subscription. And even net4.in will have there components on your website.

A suggestion You should always get a domain name registered locally by a person who Owns webspace. I know a person from whom I buy webspace and domains he can register a domain for you. PM Me if interested.
Old 24th February 2009, 18:02   #50
BHPian

Does anyone have any experience with Thewebbbrains.com ?

The domain registration and web hosting plans are pretty cheap.
Old 24th February 2009, 19:39   #51
Senior - BHPian

I'd personally stick to well-known registrars for domain registrations, not unknown resellers which can go belly-up in a year. Try something from here: List of domain name registrars - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 25th February 2009, 00:37   #52
BHPian

I highly recommend Godaddy for domains and Hostgator for hosting. Both have top notch support and are decently priced.

Let me know if anyone needs help in setting up domain and hosting on them.
Old 25th February 2009, 13:22   #53
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Solid recommendation : pair Networks - World Class Web Hosting - hosting. www.pairnic.com - domains.
Old 2nd March 2009, 13:45   #54
BHPian

I registered and bought a domain and web hosting plan from webbrains for 800 bucks, as I was looking for the cheapest I could find to initially launch the website. The website that I have created is a community website for owners of RPS Savana Faridabad,

Welcome to RPS Savana - An online community for RPS Savana owners Faridabad

I created this site with the free built in templates and zilch knowledge of any programming language , I had no clue what is web hosting, how to upload through ftp, etc.. I just followed and the GUI instructions.

Now I have registed the URL with google, how long does it usually take to appear on google search ? Its been about a week since the site's been up. And how to create publicity/awareness for the site ?
Old 2nd March 2009, 14:34   #55
BHPian

Also, if you're looking for hosting, we swear by (mt) Media Temple - Web Hosting Built to Scale.. They're amazing. You should check them out, cheap and extremely reliable. If you need any help with the setup, just let me know.
Old 2nd March 2009, 14:43   #56
Senior - BHPian

Yup, I agree with Media Temple hosting, good providers.
Old 11th April 2009, 21:37   #57
BHPian

Anyone tried this, plans looks cheap ZNet India® - Top Web Host/Hoster, Domain Name Registration & Web Hosting Services

I am looking for dedicated servers, atleast 2. And hosting domain. Want to start my online training institute where I have to give access to my students. What will be the best option to start with. Later on will consider buying server.

Last edited by sam003 : 11th April 2009 at 21:39.
Old 6th May 2009, 22:04   #58
Senior - BHPian

I bought a domain from godaddy.com and hosted a page on google (www) and blogger(blog). but google doesn't accept naked domains. so if somebody types without the www, it shows godaddy page.

how can i redirect it to www? should I move to a different hosting service? All I need is < 10 pages of my profile, CV, links to my blogs, photos etc. I am assuming I can get this much in freebies.

Also, Is it safe to delete all CNAME records except www and blog? otherwise if someone uses mobile.mysitename, it goes to some predefined sites.
Old 7th May 2009, 00:07   #59
Senior - BHPian

If you want a decent mid level host for decent applications - try Hawk Host - Shared, Reseller and Virtual Web Hosting - very very well recommended and superbly responsive. Not cut price and actually responds back within a couple of hours most times.

Ultra cheap as well - its been totally reliable.

Super recommendations at Web Hosting Talk - The largest, most influential web hosting community on the Internet - totally worth a try. no setup fees - 4 USD/mo and 15% discount as well!

Last edited by phamilyman : 7th May 2009 at 00:14.
Old 7th May 2009, 08:14   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

@vivekiny2k
that is the problem with most low cost registrars - they do not give you any control or possibility of domain record pointing / changing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks