Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2009, 17:17   #91
BHPian

Today i got a mail form DX saying "Your order has been shipped from the fulfillment center. Delivery time is about 7 to 10 working days, as quoted by the post office (3 to 4 days for EMS Express). * Note that this delivery estimation is as provided by Hong Kong Post and like most post offices around the world delivery time for airmail packages is not guaranteed." Hence i tried to track the order on

Hongkong Post - Mail Tracking

Till hongkong post i can track the item but once its comes to India Welcome to the Indiapost Web Site (The resource cannot be found)

:-)

Thanks,
Tushar
Old 16th September 2009, 18:12   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
Today i got a mail form DX saying "Your order has been shipped from the fulfillment center. Delivery time is about 7 to 10 working days, as quoted by the post office (3 to 4 days for EMS Express). * Note that this delivery estimation is as provided by Hong Kong Post and like most post offices around the world delivery time for airmail packages is not guaranteed." Hence i tried to track the order on

Hongkong Post - Mail Tracking

Till hongkong post i can track the item but once its comes to India Welcome to the Indiapost Web Site (The resource cannot be found)

:-)

Thanks,
Tushar
Be warned - HK post has it's own monopolistic ways of doing things - mine has been with HK Post since 5th Sept and I see from them that it's still waiting to be put on a flight out of HK :( and it's 16th Sept today... damn the wait.... in the hindsight EMS would have been a better choice, but could have been caught by customs...

The Indiapost site is Untitled Page
Old 16th September 2009, 21:49   #93
BHPian

I request urgent advise on "Magellan Maestro 4210". Also which Indian map can be used with it? Amazon.com: Magellan Maestro 4210 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator: Electronics
Old 17th September 2009, 08:38   #94
BHPian

I am thinking of buying Magellan Maestro 4210. Will be getting it at a reasonable cost. Please give advice and suggestions. Also which Indian map will be compatible with it? (MMI etc.) Amazon.com: Magellan Maestro 4210 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator: Electronics
Old 17th September 2009, 09:57   #95
Team-BHP Support

Magellen uses something called shapefiles. Its possible to get India maps, but very difficult. Stick to garmin for compatibility
Old 17th September 2009, 13:40   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Be warned - HK post has it's own monopolistic ways of doing things - mine has been with HK Post since 5th Sept and I see from them that it's still waiting to be put on a flight out of HK :( and it's 16th Sept today... damn the wait.... in the hindsight EMS would have been a better choice, but could have been caught by customs...

The Indiapost site is Untitled Page
Try with India post site it seems no update yet... now i should ask question is anybody from India have received this product form DX ? :-)

Thanks,
Tushar
Old 17th September 2009, 13:58   #97
Team-BHP Support

I have bought lots of stuff from DX. From being shipped to HK post to deliver in India it takes around 20 days
Old 17th September 2009, 13:59   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Magellen uses something called shapefiles. Its possible to get India maps, but very difficult. Stick to garmin for compatibility
But I think the model is a Win CE one. Won't Win CE maps of MMI or Satguide work? Please let me know in detail.
Old 17th September 2009, 15:20   #99
Senior - BHPian

It depends on device. If it is tough to unlock device than installing MMI or other packages would be a nightmare.
Old 17th September 2009, 15:39   #100
BHPian

Quote:
I have bought lots of stuff from DX. From being shipped to HK post to deliver in India it takes around 20 days
DX should be used only if you are not in a hurry to get the items... It usually takes 2-3 weeks to have them delivered to you...
Old 17th September 2009, 18:39   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much, for this an update.

Quote:
DX should be used only if you are not in a hurry to get the items... It usually takes 2-3 weeks to have them delivered to you...
I am not in hurry either :-)

Thanks,
Tushar
Old 17th September 2009, 18:45   #102
BHPian

Quote:
How much were the stuffs worth? anything over 100$?
Old 17th September 2009, 19:04   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
Try with India post site it seems no update yet... now i should ask question is anybody from India have received this product form DX ? :-)

Thanks,
Tushar

I bought this PND from DX.

It took 9 days for it to reach Mumbai. Post that, it took 2 weeks to reach my home.

For cheaper items, i got them 1 - 2 weeks after ordering.
Old 17th September 2009, 19:44   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
It depends on device. If it is tough to unlock device than installing MMI or other packages would be a nightmare.
It is Magellan Maestro 4210. Amazon.com: Magellan Maestro 4210 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator: Electronics In case it will be difficult to use with Indian maps, please suggest any other model costing around 100 dollars.
Old 17th September 2009, 20:29   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
I bought this PND from DX.

It took 9 days for it to reach Mumbai. Post that, it took 2 weeks to reach my home.
How did you track these parcels once they were in India? Using the Indiapost site or HK Post's site??? (I think I am just getting a bit anxious...or may be paranoid)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks