Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2009, 13:10   #4816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Hey guys,

Whats the best phone meeting the following requirements in your opinion...

Good Camera (3mp minimum) with a decent flash.
GPS (not the trial pack for a month or so preferably)
WiFi and decent Browser
Keypad (don't want a touchscreen only phone)
Good screen
Windows Mobile
decent proc and battery-life

The features are in decent order of preference and first 4 are very imp.

Please reply soon fellas...

thanks a lot.

I'd recommend the touch diamond, u'll get it for under 19 with bill, I got mine for 18. The lifetime gps will cost you about Rs 300. I understand that you want a keypad but do try this. Messaging is pretty fast. It has all the other features you were looking for.
Alternatively you could try the diamond pro, I'm not sure about the pricing.
Most windows 6.1/6.5 devices can be upgraded to 7 when it releases. A few may not support it officially but it will work nonetheless.
Check the xda forum for more information.
I'd still recommend the diamond, it's brilliant!
Old 19th May 2009, 17:05   #4817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
I'd recommend the touch diamond, u'll get it for under 19 with bill, I got mine for 18. The lifetime gps will cost you about Rs 300. I understand that you want a keypad but do try this. Messaging is pretty fast. It has all the other features you were looking for.
Hey Sukrit, thanks for the info. But since u own a Diamond (how many carats ) i have a few question hoping u can clarify.
U say that messaging is pretty fast..Is it true while driving too, i mean one hand usage. Would people with think finger-tips not have issue with the small onscreen kydb?
Also, how is the camera on it? i know its 3MP and no flash but how is its quality in Daylight, LowLight and videos ??
Old 19th May 2009, 17:11   #4818
BHPian

Diamond is not bad for messaging specially with "Compact QWERTY" keyboard. While driving it is very difficult as you cant feel the keys...

Quote:
Alternatively you could try the diamond pro, I'm not sure about the pricing.
Most windows 6.1/6.5 devices can be upgraded to 7 when it releases. A few may not support it officially but it will work nonetheless.
Check the xda forum for more information.
I'd still recommend the diamond, it's brilliant!
What do you mean lifetime GPS for Rs 300? Do you mean offline maps?

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th May 2009 at 10:39. Reason: Use multi quote, back to back posts. Thanks
Old 19th May 2009, 22:58   #4819
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Provided it meets these core requirements Windows Mobile 7 Details Emerge- Multi-touch Required

Pay attention to the screen specs.
Old 19th May 2009, 23:21   #4820
BANNED

Quote:
The lifetime gps will cost you about Rs 300.
Did i read lifetime GPS for Rs 300?? How? Where ? When?
Old 20th May 2009, 01:30   #4821
aZa
Senior - BHPian

GPS is free, NAVIGATION is Costly!
Old 20th May 2009, 09:53   #4822
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
GPS is free, NAVIGATION is Costly!
Yes, I know.. but read some of his previous posts where he mentioned about navigation (Directions to some place and speed limit warning).. All this included in just 300Rs and that too for lifetime??

@sukrit7: can u pls throw some light on this
Old 21st May 2009, 23:50   #4823
BHPian

My apologies, internet hasn't worked in a long time.
@zenster- The ordinary t9 keyboard works brilliantly with one hand. No issues at all. The onscreen keyboard isn't small at all. It's huge.
Take a demo, that'll help
I have huge hands
Camera's decent. Don't use it much though. Would you like me to attach a few sample pics ?

@Rodeo- Don't agree, haven't had trouble messaging while driving using the t9 keyboard. There are also lots of additional keyboards available on xda forums. Pick one you like!

@SLK- seems the diamond will support win7, htc may not release a version for it though, xda forums again .

Now what all of you seem to be wondering about.
My pack(packaged, mfgd oct2008) came with a satguide disc. I had to pay a lifetime subscription cost of Rs 300 for unlimited usage, all india map with one free upgrade(they provided the april map free of cost, I thought that was wonderful of them, I still have the update option open)
No navigation costs, no hidden costs. No offline maps either. Real time gps for 300/-
Attached Thumbnails
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-image_010.jpg  

Old 22nd May 2009, 07:35   #4824
BANNED

Quote:
My pack(packaged, mfgd oct2008) came with a satguide disc. I had to pay a lifetime subscription cost of Rs 300 for unlimited usage, all india map with one free upgrade(they provided the april map free of cost, I thought that was wonderful of them, I still have the update option open)
No navigation costs, no hidden costs. No offline maps either. Real time gps for 300/-
Oh.. so thats only for new HTC customers!! not for existing ones
Old 22nd May 2009, 09:28   #4825
Senior - BHPian

Asus also gives free maps with its phones. IF I remember properly,they have tied up with mapmyindia.com or something.
Old 22nd May 2009, 09:28   #4826
BHPian

Quote:
My apologies, internet hasn't worked in a long time.
@zenster- The ordinary t9 keyboard works brilliantly with one hand. No issues at all. The onscreen keyboard isn't small at all. It's huge.
Take a demo, that'll help
I have huge hands
Camera's decent. Don't use it much though. Would you like me to attach a few sample pics ?

@Rodeo- Don't agree, haven't had trouble messaging while driving using the t9 keyboard. There are also lots of additional keyboards available on xda forums. Pick one you like!

@SLK- seems the diamond will support win7, htc may not release a version for it though, xda forums again .

Hey, thanks for updates Sukrit. Thanks for clarifying the kybd issue. I guess we can put a kybd that works on landscape if need be right? And yes could you please upload the same pics in the daylight and low-light (indoors types). The GPS is a cool option hope its available to new customers. Awaiting your reply.
Old 22nd May 2009, 12:16   #4827
BHPian

I am looking for new phone on a budget of 10K.
Requirements: Large screen, USB, Bluetooth, atleast 2MP camera, MP3 and FM
If I can get a touch screen, I am ready to expand my budget to 12K.

I need a candybar design. Do not prefer slider/clamshell types.

Presently I like Nokia 6208 classic, but it is expensive and also the touchscreen is only for writing messages.
I also like the Nokia 3120 classic which comes at a great price, but does not have a large screen and is not a great looker.

Please let your suggestions pour in.

Last edited by abdriver2000 : 22nd May 2009 at 12:35. Reason: Added design type.
Old 22nd May 2009, 12:21   #4828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000 View Post
I am looking for new phone on a budget of 10K.
Requirements: Large screen, USB, Bluetooth, atleast 2MP camera, MP3 and FM
If I can get a touch screen, I am ready to expand my budget to 12K.

Presently I like Nokia 6208 classic, but it is expensive and also the touchscreen is only for writing messages.
I also like the Nokia 3120 classic which comes at a great price, but does not have a large screen and is not a great looker.

Please let your suggestions pour in.
How about the LG cookie it is a full touch ,2 mp cam, mp3 , FM phone around 10-12k reviews are quite good as well.Try it out
Old 22nd May 2009, 12:28   #4829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
How about the LG cookie it is a full touch ,2 mp cam, mp3 , FM phone around 10-12k reviews are quite good as well.Try it out
I must admit I haven't touched an LG since their first generation phones hit the market. They were too tacky then. Maybe I need to take a look now. Any cookie users here?

I also need more choices.

Last edited by abdriver2000 : 22nd May 2009 at 12:33.
Old 22nd May 2009, 12:32   #4830
Senior - BHPian

i bought my mom an Lg KF510 last year. Surprisingly good! i like!
Only grouse is the slightly iffy touch sensitive pad below the HUGE screen. does things even when a mosquito sits on it.
Good camera, great keypad, super looks, slim form, slider is well built and the whole package is irresstible.
The battery has to be charged daily. But women speak a lot on the phone and otherwise, hence we cant blame the phone! girls should have a look at the KF510. perfect for moms, wifes and girlfriends.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks