Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2012, 17:48   #8626
BHPian

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
ok.

I want a Very Reliable Long Lasting Phone which has Good Battery Life. I do not want the phone to break if it falls once or twice(ofc just a small casual fall).

I really do not have a Budget Problem. I can buy any phone you advise. I just want a phone to see websites.
See i am very biased, but for me on the face of earth the best phone is samsung SGS2. It has very smart screen, faster processor and all the aspects better than the nearest competition. Better visit a mobile store and try a hand on demo mobiles so that you can decide which is a good phone for you.
Old 25th February 2012, 20:10   #8627
BHPian

Ok thanx for the advice. I will go and see if I get a to see a Demo phone.

I wanted to add one more thing that I do not like if I can feel the phone when it is changing screens. I also wanted to say that I have a Large Hand so I need a phone which has Big Keys and a Big Screen.

I surprisingly did not like the Blackberry Range.

btw I wanted a phone but when I went to see a Tab it was Too Large and Heavy. I want to carry the phone in my pocket.

Last edited by supercars : 25th February 2012 at 20:12.
Old 25th February 2012, 21:18   #8628
BHPian

Why did the Edit button disappear ?

I liked the Galaxy Note a lot. I saw the N7000. Is that the Best and Biggest Phone in Mumbai ?

All your inputs will be appreciated.
Old 25th February 2012, 21:31   #8629

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars
ok.

I want a Very Reliable Long Lasting Phone which has Good Battery Life. I do not want the phone to break if it falls once or twice(ofc just a small casual fall).

I really do not have a Budget Problem. I can buy any phone you advise. I just want a phone to see websites.
You have quite a list there. Although your list screams Nokia, you will have some issues. Since you want to view websites on phone, you will need a smartphone. Now smartphones have a crappy battery life. You can't expect much from a single charge if your display is going to be on for long. But this is mostly valid for touch phones.

Hence, you can go for Blackberry. However, if you can manage with the charging go for galaxy s2, or galaxy note or wait for few months and get galaxy s3

Quote:

I liked the Galaxy Note a lot. I saw the N7000. Is that the Best and Biggest Phone in Mumbai ?

Just saw your last posts. So no blackberry :-P

Go for note, my brother has it. Its amazing! Perfect if you have big hands.

Just a heads up, do not expect the smoothness that I get in iPhone in any Android device.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by .anshuman : 26th February 2012 at 11:00. Reason: See note in post
Old 25th February 2012, 22:09   #8630
BHPian

Quote:

Well note is not a phone. Its something in between phone and tab. Yes it is huge and good but sgs2 is better because you can root the phone and over clock the processor of sgs2 so the speed will be more than note.
Old 25th February 2012, 23:29   #8631
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
ok.

Since budget is not an issue for you, go for the Iphone 4S! Either 32 or 64 GB version. It satisfies all your criteria and is a fashion statement as well. Play with one on any Croma nearby.

Otherwise in Android world you can look at Razr Maxx. It has a humongous battery and is quite a beautiful phone as well, plus its made of solid materials like Kevlar (used in bulletproof jackets.) Check out Galaxy S2 if you can find it appealing enough. Samsung, for me, needs to work on their designs but then the damn thing is a best seller still!!!
Old 26th February 2012, 00:12   #8632

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak

Well note is not a phone. Its something in between phone and tab. Yes it is huge and good but sgs2 is better because you can root the phone and over clock the processor of sgs2 so the speed will be more than note.
Note is a phone with a big screen. I'm sorry but you are mistaken. Note also can be rooted. As matter of fact any android phone can be rooted easily. And since note has better stock processor speed, it will be even better over over clocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx

Since budget is not an issue for you, go for the Iphone 4S! Either 32 or 64 GB version. It satisfies all your criteria and is a fashion statement as well. Play with one on any Croma nearby.

Otherwise in Android world you can look at Razr Maxx. It has a humongous battery and is quite a beautiful phone as well, plus its made of solid materials like Kevlar (used in bulletproof jackets.) Check out Galaxy S2 if you can find it appealing enough. Samsung, for me, needs to work on their designs but then the damn thing is a best seller still!!!
If he has an unlimited budget, he can buy any vertu, tag heur, prada phone. That is much more a gain statement than an iPhone. And iPhone is no more a fashion statement. Every tom dick and harry has it. As for the drop issue, please refer to this video:

Razor maxx is a good phone, but nothing compared to Galaxy series. And using just a little bit of kevlar is not going to make the phone any stronger.
Old 26th February 2012, 01:40   #8633
Senior - BHPian

That drop test is interesting but quite alot of FUD. In real life, both phones are rock solid.

i'm given to understand that Samsung designed it with the screen/body slightly inset so that it impacts lesser. Drop test is nice to see but doesn't mean jack in real life usage.
Old 26th February 2012, 06:08   #8634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itspb View Post

If he has an unlimited budget, he can buy any vertu, tag heur, prada phone. That is much more a gain statement than an iPhone. And iPhone is no more a fashion statement. Every tom dick and harry has it.
I'm sorry but I dont agree. iphone is very much a fashion statement and in third world countries like India, its not really true that every Tom Dick and Harry has it! Iphone, if you look at it, hardly sells in India as its very expensive and is quite an exclusive gadget. It is certainly more of a fashion statement than any other phone out there.

Do you know people in China actually pay to have "Sent from my Iphone" appended to their message to "show-off!!!" See the link People in China paying to have ?sent from my iPhone? appended to messages

Do you know of any other phone that enjoys this kind of thing? Even Vertu?
Old 26th February 2012, 08:45   #8635
Team-BHP Support

^^Not sure of the fashion statement bit, but in my opinion iPhone is more susceptible to damage when dropped. At least that’s what I gathered from my personal experience (thanks to my little girl). I always think that a Nokia or a HTC have better crash tolerance, because the impact is better absorbed when the unit breaks into 3 pieces, whereas with iPhone I have seen that the interior damage aggravates after a few times you drop it.
Old 26th February 2012, 09:33   #8636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itspb View Post
Note is a phone with a big screen. I'm sorry but you are mistaken. Note also can be rooted. As matter of fact any android phone can be rooted easily. And since note has better stock processor speed, it will be even better over over clocked.

If he has an unlimited budget, he can buy any vertu, tag heur, prada phone. That is much more a gain statement than an iPhone. And iPhone is no more a fashion statement. Every tom dick and harry has it. As for the drop issue, please refer to this video: iPhone 4S vs. Samsung Galaxy S II Drop Test - YouTube

Razor maxx is a good phone, but nothing compared to Galaxy series. And using just a little bit of kevlar is not going to make the phone any stronger.

Hi ITSPB,

I don't disagree with you. Note is a very nice mobile phone and I was buying it on the date it was getting launched and you are right that it can be rooted too. Now why I have come to this conclusion is, I have rooted my SGS2 and I'm using checkrom. The guy who has made this rom is an indian, I had a chat with him and had told him of my intentions of buying Note. He asked me to wait as SGS3 is getting launched in Q2 of 2012, Note has a bigger screen as compared to SGS2 but even after rooting note's cpu cannot be over clocked, that means if i overclock my SGS2 then it is faster than note. Typing with one hand is a little very difficult on note which is a little let down even if you have a big hand. But there is no denying that samsung galaxy not is a very nice phonopad.
Old 26th February 2012, 10:22   #8637
BHPian

I wanted to ask one thing: I have heard that I-phone batteries are not replaceable (by a user of course). Just yesterday my SGS2 hung up and I had to remove the battery to get it working. I was just wondering what does a person do when their I-phone freezes? I saw the back cover of an I-phone 4 and I could not figure out how to remove the back cover. Is it that the I-phone never gets hung up or removing the battery is a pain?
Old 26th February 2012, 10:56   #8638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
I wanted to ask one thing: I have heard that I-phone batteries are not replaceable (by a user of course). Just yesterday my SGS2 hung up and I had to remove the battery to get it working. I was just wondering what does a person do when their I-phone freezes? I saw the back cover of an I-phone 4 and I could not figure out how to remove the back cover. Is it that the I-phone never gets hung up or removing the battery is a pain?

No batteries of IPhone's are not replaceable as simple as other phone's. The way other phone's are rooted, same way there are techniques to replace batteries of IPhone but it may void the warranty (I Guess).
Old 26th February 2012, 17:34   #8639
BHPian

Hi friends bought SE Xperia Neo V. Its my first Android and also first SE mobile. I didn't get much time to explore the mobile completely. Will update the experience soon.
Old 26th February 2012, 21:02   #8640
BHPian

Hello, My brother is looking for a phone. His budget is maximum 6500 Rs. He has chosen Samsung S5610. Is this phone good? Please suggest some other phones as well. Hope to hear soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks