Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2012, 21:25   #8641
Senior - BHPian

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

at that price, you either buy a nokia, or spend 1k more and buy the ZTE blade if he wants android or a nice smartphone. This one is neither here nor there except the camera.
Old 27th February 2012, 09:30   #8642
BANNED

Just got a blurb from htc about the htc One X. Quad Core, ICS, and the rest. There is also a (presumably much cheaqper) V with a single core processor. Both are with Sense 4.0.
Old 27th February 2012, 10:41   #8643
BHPian

I have Motorola EX119, after long search i finally changed ringtones to mp3. but failed to find option to change sms tone to mp3's. is anyone know how to do it? and also tell me how to schedule turn on/off [ the mobile by giving specific time it will turn off or on at that time]
Old 27th February 2012, 12:05   #8644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Hi friends bought SE Xperia Neo V. Its my first Android and also first SE mobile. I didn't get much time to explore the mobile completely. Will update the experience soon.
Welcome to Xperial family. Now head over to the Android thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...apps-mods.html
Old 27th February 2012, 13:50   #8645
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
That drop test is interesting but quite alot of FUD. In real life, both phones are rock solid.

i'm given to understand that Samsung designed it with the screen/body slightly inset so that it impacts lesser. Drop test is nice to see but doesn't mean jack in real life usage.
I think that dropping a phone is a pretty good real-life test of what happens when you drop a phone! If Samsung's design as well as its structure contribute to the results, then that is part of the picture.

However, like head-on crash testing for cars, it is a limited picture. It simulates what might happen if, for instance, a phone is knocked off a table. It doesn't show what would happen if it slips out of one's hand and falls on its edge.

The test is valid, and certainly not FUD, but it is valid within limits only.
Old 27th February 2012, 14:24   #8646
BHPian

Nokia is launching a - wait for it - 41MP phone in May!

Nokia launches 808 PureView with 41MP camera: hands-on pictures, video, and preview | The Verge

Here is the official Nokia page for the PureView: http://europe.nokia.com/pureview

Last edited by prateekm : 27th February 2012 at 14:29.
prateekm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 15:43   #8647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I think that dropping a phone is a pretty good real-life test of what happens when you drop a phone! If Samsung's design as well as its structure contribute to the results, then that is part of the picture.

However, like head-on crash testing for cars, it is a limited picture. It simulates what might happen if, for instance, a phone is knocked off a table. It doesn't show what would happen if it slips out of one's hand and falls on its edge.

The test is valid, and certainly not FUD, but it is valid within limits only.
Yes, but if you put a bumper, the issue is mostly mitigated. Therefore the real world comment. I have enough clumsy friends/colleagues around me and none has a broken screen. YET
Old 27th February 2012, 16:06   #8648
Senior - BHPian

@Prateek M: Nice find. I think Nokia better start making camera's too. The only fly in the ointment is Belle and the UI. I only hope it doesn't lag and hang. I have had the N8 when it was on Anna and then Belle. 41 MP camera hope the website doesn't have a typo!?! I read through the link. Let's keep fingers crossed. Hope Nokia uses it on a better OS like Windows 8 and brings it out as competition to the iPhone 5. It may be priced something like 50K Sure cash has no value these days.
Old 27th February 2012, 20:11   #8649
BHPian

41 megapixel, but still chugs on symbian. would have eaten up the market if it ran on windows

In other news entry level windows phone. the lumnia 610 launched. expected to cost sub-10k

Last edited by Bluengel180 : 27th February 2012 at 20:14.
Old 27th February 2012, 20:59   #8650
Senior - BHPian

Holy moly whatta phone! nokia you rock.

This is innovation! 41 MP camera. I dont care if it doesnt sell. It is still significant technological innovation, something Nokia was known for, until the world got lost in the stupid race of cores! In any case the latest Symbain very much looks like an Android skin visually!!! I would absolutely love to own this phone!!!
Old 27th February 2012, 21:54   #8651
Senior - BHPian

Nokia 808 Pure view is supposed to cost 450 euro to hit markets in May 2012.
Nokia 808 PureView Has a Monster 41-Megapixel Camera
Next they put this camera into the Hubble Space Telescope.
Old 28th February 2012, 02:35   #8652

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
That drop test is interesting but quite alot of FUD. In real life, both phones are rock solid.

i'm given to understand that Samsung designed it with the screen/body slightly inset so that it impacts lesser. Drop test is nice to see but doesn't mean jack in real life usage.
It maybe luck, it maybe the real deal. Who knows. But the test was fair and iPhone failed. Samsung uses Corning Gorilla glass which is like crazy tough. I have dropped my Galaxy S(uses gorilla glass too) quite a few times from waist height, and not a scratch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I'm sorry but I dont agree. iphone is very much a fashion statement and in third world countries like India, its not really true that every Tom Dick and Harry has it! Iphone, if you look at it, hardly sells in India as its very expensive and is quite an exclusive gadget. It is certainly more of a fashion statement than any other phone out there.

Do you know people in China actually pay to have "Sent from my Iphone" appended to their message to "show-off!!!" See the link People in China paying to have ?sent from my iPhone? appended to messages

Do you know of any other phone that enjoys this kind of thing? Even Vertu?
I don't know about you mate, but whenever i see an iPhone user, i go what a dork(not that i have anything personal, its just how apple users are). iPhone in India is very expensive only through contract, otherwise it is not as expensive. Many Indians get it unlocked from foreign countries where it sells cheap. iPhone ain't exclusive. Out of 10 people i know, at least 2 will have an iPhone. Its become very common and the snob value just shows that people buy it for show off, which ain't cool anymore.

Goto Hong Kong and you will find that everyone has an iPhone there. Quite literally everyone because when you buy it on contract, you don't have to pay for the phone. So it is not that exclusive in China(im guessing the same for big cities in China)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post
Hi ITSPB,

I don't disagree with you. Note is a very nice mobile phone and I was buying it on the date it was getting launched and you are right that it can be rooted too. Now why I have come to this conclusion is, I have rooted my SGS2 and I'm using checkrom. The guy who has made this rom is an indian, I had a chat with him and had told him of my intentions of buying Note. He asked me to wait as SGS3 is getting launched in Q2 of 2012, Note has a bigger screen as compared to SGS2 but even after rooting note's cpu cannot be over clocked, that means if i overclock my SGS2 then it is faster than note. Typing with one hand is a little very difficult on note which is a little let down even if you have a big hand. But there is no denying that samsung galaxy not is a very nice phonopad.
Note's CPU can be over clocked. Just google it Note is a big phone, thats true. Hell, SGS1 and SGS2 are big phones too. It is difficult to control them with one hand :P
Old 28th February 2012, 08:47   #8653
BHPian

Nokia 808 PureView first sample shots -- feast your eyes (update: GigaPan them!) -- Engadget

the sample pics are sexy. How good is symbian belle as a operating system? Especially for net surfing, youtube and exchange email. Asking because I will be seriously considering this phone when it comes out. as I sure lots of others will
Old 28th February 2012, 08:49   #8654
BHPian

Quote:
Note's CPU can be over clocked. Just google it Note is a big phone, thats true. Hell, SGS1 and SGS2 are big phones too. It is difficult to control them with one hand :P

I agree with you, But the best I could see was that it can be overclocked to 1.7 GHZ stably. Sorry the info that I had was a little old. But still i stick to the size comment, you can still hold sgs1 and sgs2 in single hand and still type, but if you try typing using note then your thumb cannot reach the end so that makes a big difference. I also have been informed by numerous note users that they were more happy on sgs2 as it was more smoother and much brighter/better screen and few more features. But I still say that note is a very nice phonolate ((Phone + tablet/2)).

Last edited by mobike008 : 28th February 2012 at 11:36. Reason: fixed quote tag
Old 28th February 2012, 09:59   #8655
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Nokia is launching a - wait for it - 41MP phone in May!

Nokia launches 808 PureView with 41MP camera: hands-on pictures, video, and preview | The Verge

Here is the official Nokia page for the PureView: Nokia Europe - Nokia 808 PureView - Nokia PureView smartphones
41MP, someone must be off his rocker. You need less that 4MP for an excellent A4 print!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks