Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2023, 17:05   #2686
Team-BHP Support

Re: On Wi-Fi & Routers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I have a pair of AX-1800 Deco X20. My main modem (Jio) gives me internet connection but of late, Deco's LED is red. Have tried to change cable / port but to no avail. What can be wrong here?

Any help will be appreciated as Deco's used to give me a seamless connectivity almost everywhere in my house which main modem & an additional one did not provide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
This is a common problem. First step for troubleshooting is :
  1. Does the problem go away if deco is restarted ? (Deco sees internet after restart)
  2. If it does , enable auto-restart everyday. It can be set for 2AM or any other time when WiFi being off for 5 minutes does not matter. https://www.tp-link.com/no/support/faq/3478/
Apparently, it was not.

What began as a red in Deco's started affecting the main modem too despite switching off the Decos.

What happened later - The main modem started acting weird, say, it used to open Amazon & Facebook, but won't open Twitter or Flipkart. Escalated, a guy visited (from Jio, my fiber connection is from Jio), could do nothing. Few tech guys came & went and finally someone was intelligent enough to speak with their tech team. They accessed the modem's network & concluded that save for PC's LAN cable & CCTV cable, other cables need to go. They specifically said, no external / additional modems. You can add Jio's own modem / extender.

They did that, reset it, it started working perfectly. At night, I plugged the cable back-in, same issue cropped. Have added an extender & save for the amazing range which Decos provided, this is working okay.

This information is important for anyone having Jio's fiber or planning to get Jio's fiber connection.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 04:07   #2687
Senior - BHPian

Re: On Wi-Fi & Routers

Picked up a TP Link AX55 Router to replace our aging Huawei router which started to reboot a few times in a week.
AX55

Quite pleased with the purchase. Setup took no more than 5 minutes. TP Link have made good strides with the web as well as mobile interface, making setup and management easy. We've got 9 wireless devices and 4 wired ethernet devices plugged in. Basically maxed out the gigabit ethernet ports.

8 out of 9 devices are steady on a Wifi 6 signal throughout the house. We have one Microsoft Surface device that sits a little away that defaults to a 2.4ghz frequency. I suspect a lousy in built wireless ethernet adapter as other devices operate fine at the same distance.

Our smart TV has always been plugged in over wired ethernet. Noticed improved response times on videos starting up with Streaming Apps. Our son has also noticed better response times on his gaming PC with any online activity. Ping results are fluctuating depending on time of day but I doubt that has anything to do with the router. Lets see if it all holds up over time.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 1st March 2024 at 04:32.
sandeepmohan is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks