Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2013, 18:56   #16456
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
Nexus 5 is round the corner (Oct 18). Wouldnt you want to wait for it ?
As far as I know the nexus 5 will sport a higher configuration in terms of speed, memory, storage and display size which will directly target the Samsung S4 category. I'm sure they will also place it in competitive price which should be anything between 30k-35k (my guess).

However I've strict budget between 15-20k but looking at the specs of Nexus 4, i've stretched upto 25k! So Nexus 5 will be completely out of my budget hence the version 4. Since there is so much shortfall of Nexus 4 (i guess almost sold out) in US, I don't want to miss it while its still available here at the moment.
Old 2nd October 2013, 18:59   #16457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nexus 5 is round the corner (Oct 18). Wouldnt you want to wait for it ?
Oct 18 in USA. Not in INDIA. There is no information what so ever about launch in INDIA.

LG has its flag ship device G2 on sale in INDIA and I doubt LG would even launch Nexus 5 in INDIA,which is based on the G2.

Last edited by F150 : 2nd October 2013 at 19:05.
Old 2nd October 2013, 19:22   #16458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Guys,

I've almost finalised for Nexus 4. However in a dilemma buying through flipkart or ebay. Somehow not confident on ebay though some pieces are cheap than flipkart!

How is it safe buying from ebay?

Any idea how much it costs in LG stores?
First check out on mysmartprice.com which is a meta search site and will help you get the best price.
Old 3rd October 2013, 22:08   #16459
Senior - BHPian

My Note 2 charger/usb cable has become frayed with the wires showing. Will need to stop using it pretty soon. Can I use any standard micro usb + usb cable or is the Note 2 one rated for passing higher current e.g. commensurate with its 2 Amps charger?
Old 3rd October 2013, 22:10   #16460
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
My Note 2 charger/usb cable has become frayed with the wires showing. Will need to stop using it pretty soon. Can I use any standard micro usb + usb cable or is the Note 2 one rated for passing higher current e.g. commensurate with its 2 Amps charger?
Any 2 Amp charger cable should work. No issues.
Old 3rd October 2013, 23:24   #16461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
First check out on mysmartprice.com which is a meta search site and will help you get the best price.
Thanks for your suggestion and I did checked that link. Found a portal Big C selling the cheapest. However I went ahead and booked it through Flipkart itself since till now I have had good experience with them!

Waiting now for delivery on 8th
Old 3rd October 2013, 23:44   #16462
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for your suggestion and I did checked that link. Found a portal Big C selling the cheapest. However I went ahead and booked it through Flipkart itself since till now I have had good experience with them!

Great. Enjoy your Nexus!
Old 4th October 2013, 09:53   #16463
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations Sir

I think considering your requirement 5 would have been an overkill, this one does suit your needs ! Enjoy the pure android !
Old 4th October 2013, 10:20   #16464
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Xperia ZR has got its 4.2.2 update in India. Got it OTA last weekend.
Updated last week. Did a phone reset and re-installed all apps. Dont see any major change.

On Battery life (nothing to do with OS update). Used to get 1 day with Tasker. Turned on stamina mode, its goes to 2 days !
Old 4th October 2013, 15:08   #16465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
Great. Enjoy your Nexus!
Thanks a lot

Quote:
Congratulations Sir

I think considering your requirement 5 would have been an overkill, this one does suit your needs ! Enjoy the pure android !
Absolutely, I am currently using Nokia E52 since 2years+. I've been used to hardware keys and migrating to a touch screen device and that too a Android was like entering into a unknown territory. My primary usage involves lot of calls, messages, whatsapp these days and music. Not fond of playing games.

May be this android phone will bring out something new for me and make me do lot of work through it
Old 4th October 2013, 15:27   #16466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Why not infibeam -many of us here have used it - why leave 1.2k on the table? It is as good a setup as FK

That said, I tried android (defy was okay, chacha was terrible). My primary phone is still the BB9320 but it misses far too many things on the navigation / kindle etc front. currently debating between a nexus7 and a nexus5!

dear all folks who are well read/knowledgeable on the nexus 5 - please tell me - I am in USA till Oct 25th evening. What can I do to get it AS SOON AS it is released? Please guide me on this aspect.

Else I am thinking of picking up a used 720/820 on the cheap and atleast enjoy guaranteed lag free service

Last edited by phamilyman : 4th October 2013 at 15:30.
Old 4th October 2013, 15:51   #16467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

Why not infibeam -many of us here have used it - why leave 1.2k on the table? It is as good a setup as FK

That said, I tried android (defy was okay, chacha was terrible). My primary phone is still the BB9320 but it misses far too many things on the navigation / kindle etc front. currently debating between a nexus7 and a nexus5!

dear all folks who are well read/knowledgeable on the nexus 5 - please tell me - I am in USA till Oct 25th evening. What can I do to get it AS SOON AS it is released? Please guide me on this aspect.

Else I am thinking of picking up a used 720/820 on the cheap and atleast enjoy guaranteed lag free service
I don't think Google had officially announced Oct 18 as the release date. Even if it does get released on that date, getting it in your hand by the 25th seems a long shot. So either get someone to receive and send it to you later, or use a service like ppobox.com to have it shipped to India.

If neither is possible, why not go for Nexus 4? It still is an awesome phone if you can live with 16 GB internal memory and no SD card slot. I use it and I can tell you that it ROCKS!
Old 4th October 2013, 16:36   #16468
Senior - BHPian

Posting my Defy's new battery performance on Android 4.3.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20131002155034.png
I know the phone is old and is probably well past its discussion worthiness status, but hope that someone here is still using the phone, just like me.

Last edited by S_U_N : 4th October 2013 at 16:37.
Old 4th October 2013, 18:01   #16469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

i got additional 1k discount on the original price that flipkart displays That was coming more cheaper than infibeam!

When motorola was there at the end of its life here, i almost ended by buying the Defy! Just like Nexus today, it was one of the good quality phone by means of hardware and software. Price was also affordable under 15k. But I missed it.

BTW Nexus 7 and 5 are different kinds, one is smartphone (5) and other (7) is a tablet.
Currently the 16GB Nexus 7 is selling at 10k approx in Flipkart since a newer version is going to come.

Nexus 5 could be near to the recently launched LG G2 in specs and size!

Its widely rumored that Nexus 5 will be launched in October. Readying for grand Christmas sale for sure If released before 25th, pray you get your hands on it
Old 4th October 2013, 18:27   #16470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I know the phone is old and is probably well past its discussion worthiness status, but hope that someone here is still using the phone, just like me.
I am still using the phone and got a new battery for it. I will flash 4.3 soon after your feedback. Only issue is, the screen of my Defy has developed few black spots and it is increasing gradually. Any clue where/how we can get the screen fixed/replaced.

Most Viewed