Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2013, 12:01   #16516
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hey,

Can you please share more details on the above 2?

I am juggling between Android to BB to Android and i do miss a few things on BB. gave up my Droid due to its size, but banking on the go as become essential part of day to day life and hence switched back to my LG 4X today morning.

I am also looking for an app which would let me scan the Barcodes from the products i sell and let me save / export the data in an excel sheet or some form which would let me save the same.
Regards,
Not very sure about the wallet but for scanning there is an app called Cam Scanner which is quite good and does the job quickly and efficiently
Old 10th October 2013, 15:44   #16517
BHPian

Quote:
Hey,

I am juggling between Android to BB to Android and i do miss a few things on BB. gave up my Droid due to its size, but banking on the go as become essential part of day to day life and hence switched back to my LG 4X today morning.

I am also looking for an app which would let me scan the Barcodes from the products i sell and let me save / export the data in an excel sheet or some form which would let me save the same.
Regards,
I use "Bar code scanner" for barcodes.
I think for your use, try this.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....scanpet&hl=en

For loyalty cards, I use "Keyring".
I have tried it with Reliance/More in India and both worked flawlessly
The store guys were like when I asked them to scan my phone screen.
Old 10th October 2013, 16:01   #16518
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am planning to download/install an optimizer app for my Android phone. Tried googling around and found so many optimizer apps with 4 or 5* ratings. Request you to provide me with the feedback on the optimizer (if you have installed) you have on your phone.

Cheers!!!!
Old 10th October 2013, 16:02   #16519
Senior - BHPian

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 & my phone battery typical lats 2-3 days. Since the battery for the phone is 2600 mAh, I feel this should have been on the higher side for OEM type. But, there are few products on e-bay:

1. http://www.ebay.in/itm/Anker5200mAh-...ht_1134wt_1186

2. http://www.ebay.in/itm/5800mAh-Exten...ht_1779wt_1186

Has anyone tried these? What's the opinion of forum members on these?

Thanx in advance
Cardeep
Old 10th October 2013, 18:59   #16520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey,

I am juggling between Android to BB to Android and i do miss a few things on BB.
Regards,
(1) For scanning I use Camscanner
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...g.camscannerhd

(2) Since actual wallet based services seldomly work in India you can use scanner to store the cards and they will be auto backed up to cloud like any other image if you are using sCloud / dropbox service.

(3) for bar-code scanning and QR code scanning there are N number of apps.
You can directly copy paste the code in excel sheet using polaris office or open office.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...client.android
Old 10th October 2013, 22:51   #16521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoAficionado View Post
Hi Guys,

I am planning to download/install an optimizer app for my Android phone. Tried googling around and found so many optimizer apps with 4 or 5* ratings. Request you to provide me with the feedback on the optimizer (if you have installed) you have on your phone.

Cheers!!!!

Try clean master. Pretty good app for optimising android phones by freeing memory automatically upon unlocking the phone, deleting temporary useless files etc.
Old 10th October 2013, 23:30   #16522
BANNED

Android Assistant is THE best, has all the features u are talking about and then some.
Old 11th October 2013, 10:08   #16523
BHPian

Guys, I installed dailyroads voyager in my nexus 4 but it seems GPS and date/ time data is not uploaded when video is transfered to PC. Any leads to clear this issue? Thanks in advance.
Old 11th October 2013, 13:20   #16524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Try clean master.
Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Android Assistant is THE best, has all the features u are talking about and then some.
@bluevolt and agambhandari, Thanks for your suggestions. Let me check both the apps and see which suits my need.

Cheers!!!
Old 11th October 2013, 15:03   #16525
Senior - BHPian

Any Nova Launcher users here?

I am using the Nova Launcher on my LG 4X HD. It is very smooth and lag free as compared to the default LG one. But there is one problem though. I am unable to load any widget. Calender, Weather etc.

Any widget i setup and it give an error. Any one else faced similar issues? Is there any other launcher you guys would recon?

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-widget-error.jpg

Regards,
Old 11th October 2013, 15:22   #16526
BHPian

Quote:
Any Nova Launcher users here?

Any widget i setup and it give an error. Any one else faced similar issues? Is there any other launcher you guys would recon?

Regards,
Just try clearing the data/cache of the launcher application
Old 11th October 2013, 16:56   #16527
Senior - BHPian

A word of Caution for Micromax Superphone Buyers:

Recently (in April 2013) I bought much hyped Micromax Canvas HD Superphone & it lived up to it's expectations. The phone was working really good & there was no issue as such.

But some time in September (after 5 months of usage) the phone suddenly switched off & did not start up again after series of trials.

The being a Saturday I took went to Borivali service center at approx 4 pm (there were approx 50 people waiting), only to be told that token numbers are issued only till 2:30 pm. I rushed to Malad service center at 4:45 pm, only to be told that token numbers are issued only till 4 pm. I went back home, & switched to a back-up phone.

Finally on Monday (23rd September 2013) I went to Malad service center & my phone was accepted as faulty under warranty & I was told it will be done within 15 days!!! Now, till date (11th October 2013) I have still not received the phone back & I am told that the phone will be ready only by next week i.e. 20th October 2013. I have tried calling their helpline 1860 500 8286 but their response is typical - We have sent the replacement parts to service center & they will do the needful.

Friends, I have nothing against anyone buying Micromax Superphones. You could be lucky if your phone works good during warranty period. But if it does kaput, you will have to wait atleast for 20 days before you get it back from service center.

The problem is not the phone but the service that we get from Micromax & the reliability factor.

I will surely suggest people to stick to branded mobiles, if your budget permits.

Thanks,
Old 11th October 2013, 17:35   #16528
Senior - BHPian

Any reviews of the Micromax Canvas HD?
I plan to gift it to my sister on this Diwali.

EDIT: Just now saw Jignesh's post above. What a coincidence.

Last edited by dZired : 11th October 2013 at 17:36.
Old 11th October 2013, 17:40   #16529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
A word of Caution for Micromax Superphone Buyers:
Well, at least in my case, I was completely aware of this before I bought the mobile even. Thankfully, there has been no issues for a year now and I am happy that the phone has lived its worth out. And there are at least 8 other colleagues of mine who own "high end" Micromax mobiles. Yes, I really agree that we are all lucky and have had no issues so far.

Hopefully, they'll fix your mobile soon.
Old 11th October 2013, 17:43   #16530
BHPian

HTC one x finally received the long due update of android 4.2.2 and blinkfeed. But i had to be impatient enough to root my phone and install a custom recovery and now am unable to update it . Will have to go home and flash the stock recovery back now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks