Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2016, 17:31   #23206
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Guys,need some help. Was syncing by contacts to gmail. Now most have got backedup. But some contacts have mysteriously disappeared from my Samsung S3 , how do i get those back?
Phone contacts are 134, while on Gmail they are 122 !
Old 8th April 2016, 17:41   #23207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Guys,need some help. Was syncing by contacts to gmail. Now most have got backedup. But some contacts have mysteriously disappeared from my Samsung S3 , how do i get those back?
Phone contacts are 134, while on Gmail they are 122 !
Check if some on the s3 were in the phone and not in Gmail. There is an option to display different groups - phone, sim, gmail etc. When you find the 12 move them to gmail
Old 8th April 2016, 18:02   #23208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
How is the display quality?

401 ppi the specs say, but from the picture you have put, I see some similarity to the old Redmi Note rather than the crispy Redmi 1s. I'm in so love with the display of the Redmi 1s, but am looking for a replacement due to poor battery.

Will I be disappointed in the display, if going for the Redmi Note 3?

I haven't seen either Redmi 1s or the Redmi Note 3, but all the reviews online have been very positive about the display on Redmi Note 3, so I don't think you will be disappointed. We can't really judge from the pictures posted here since the true quality might not be captured if the pic was taken indoors from an ordinary phone camera. Do checkout the reviews and try to check if any of your colleagues have got one.
Old 9th April 2016, 00:26   #23209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Just the other day I was watching a blue ray rip of the new Star Wars and I was impressed. So, no the display doesn't disappoint me in the least, rest the senses are always individual
Thanks. And how easily(?) did you manage to cart one from the 'in'famous flash sale? I had wasted one full hour clicking "join waitlist" only to be in the waitlist queue in the dying minutes of the deal hour.

This time they had a 3GB in grey color too!
Old 9th April 2016, 01:13   #23210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
It's quite a "hot" phone and I mean quite literally. It runs on the 1st version of the Snapdragon 810 which was known to have a major thermal issue. I think all reviews mention the same thing that the phone can get very hot even with mild applications.
Thank you. I have now stopped searching for an update atleast temporarily. I thought the heating issues were resolved, but i guess not. Will wait for 820 based phones to get cheaper.
Old 9th April 2016, 08:49   #23211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
how easily(?) did you manage to cart one from the 'in'famous flash sale?

You need to log in much before the sale, half and hour or so. Then it's all a game of fast fingers and fast Internet connection. I would have loved to get the 32 GB version, you should go for it.

Here are some (long) teardown videos of both the current Xiaomi flagships in case anyone's interested in the tech that goes inside -

Happy buying & Cheers...
Old 9th April 2016, 09:25   #23212
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. And how easily(?) did you manage to cart one from the 'in'famous flash sale? I had wasted one full hour clicking "join waitlist" only to be in the waitlist queue in the dying minutes of the deal hour.

32gb is nearly impossible to get, at least that's how it was for me. I logged in half an hour before the sale and when it started, 32Gs were gone in with in 5 minutes. I had to wait for another 30min before I got hold of a grey 16G.

The only other thing that came so close to such online mayhem was IRCTC
Old 9th April 2016, 09:55   #23213
BHPian

After struggling to get my Note 4 to stop being sluggish and after the third consecutive crash, I decided it was time for an upgrade. Expandable memory and a great battery life was key for me.

I went into the store and was offered 20k for my note. So I while mulling the various options, I saw the S7 and was blown away.

That screen,the finish, etc was too good to resist. Before I knew what I was doing, I was swiping my credit card for 28k and walked away with the S7 in black (the S7 edge has a 14 day waiting list pretty much everywhere in Bombay).

First impressions are it's a gorgeous phone. Fast, with a great camera and the battery is not bad.

I've ordered the S7 battery cover just to be sure. More on this soon, as we go along in the S7 journey.
Old 9th April 2016, 10:44   #23214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
After struggling to get my Note 4 to stop being sluggish and after the third consecutive crash, I decided it was time for an upgrade. Expandable memory and a great battery life was key for me.

I went into the store and was offered 20k for my note. So I while mulling the various options, I saw the S7 and was blown away.

That screen,the finish, etc was too good to resist. Before I knew what I was doing, I was swiping my credit card for 28k and walked away with the S7 in black (the S7 edge has a 14 day waiting list pretty much everywhere in Bombay).

First impressions are it's a gorgeous phone. Fast, with a great camera and the battery is not bad.

I've ordered the S7 battery cover just to be sure. More on this soon, as we go along in the S7 journey.
Fantastic deal on the note 4, how old was the phone ? Was it still in warranty, I am surprised that you got 20K.

Congratualtions on the purchase, you should have gone with S7 Edge though.
Old 9th April 2016, 20:09   #23215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Fantastic deal on the note 4, how old was the phone ? Was it still in warranty, I am surprised that you got 20K.

Congratualtions on the purchase, you should have gone with S7 Edge though.
Thanks. The Note 4 was not in warranty. It was almost a year and a half old. At least here, Samsung phones seem to have a better resale price. For my Xperia Z3 Compact, still in warranty, I got 11k (sold it two months back, which was a foolish move on hindsight as it was a good phone).

The s7 edge was gorgeous. Unfortunately, the shops here only have them in gold and silver. I think it looks gorgeous in black. Also 30k was still higher than the limit set by the home ministry so 36k would have been home busting.

Personally, I've come to realize that the Note 4 was just too big to use with one hand. This one is perfect, and I have large hands.
Old 9th April 2016, 22:56   #23216
BHPian

Guys, my better half broke the screen of her Moto G, gen 1. Can some one please advise cost of replacing screen in an authorized service centre and outside? Thanks in advance!
Old 10th April 2016, 00:45   #23217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
Guys, my better half broke the screen of her Moto G, gen 1. Can some one please advise cost of replacing screen in an authorized service centre and outside? Thanks in advance!
Generally, when a wife breaks something she uses herself it's a sign for the hubby that she wants a new one. Just saying.
Old 10th April 2016, 07:16   #23218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
It costs around 4500/- . My wife broke it twice! In case of any argument the phone flies ;-)
Old 10th April 2016, 07:34   #23219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post

Before I knew what I was doing, I was swiping my credit card for 28k and walked away with the S7 in black
Help me understand this better.

After being disappointed by Samsung software (the Note4 has excellent hardware) in a pretty recent flagship, why did you buy another Samsung? Why would the story change this time around? Your post doesn't indicate any research around that aspect either.
Old 10th April 2016, 10:33   #23220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Help me understand this better.

After being disappointed by Samsung software (the Note4 has excellent hardware) in a pretty recent flagship, why did you buy another Samsung? Why would the story change this time around? Your post doesn't indicate any research around that aspect either.
So what changed my mind was two things. I wanted a phone that had a good battery life and a great camera. All the reviews I read (GSM arena, phone arena, techradar etc sang high praise of the S7. I also wanted to get a smaller phone. The Note 4 was just too big and I wanted something a bit smaller. I was OK with the note 4 until the crashes started happening. The s7 has a lighter implementation of TouchWiz and isn't as clunky.

And the waterproofing helped big time in swaying my decision, not withstanding my recent return to competitive swimming training.

To tell the truth, the real reason for all of this is that I saw something new and shiny and I wanted the said something new and shiny. And I've just spent 5 minutes trying to come up with reasons for wasting money on said something new and shiny. I'm the idiot that marketers dream about when drawing up marketing plans 😮

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks