Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2016, 14:11   #23116
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Ordered Moto G Turbo yesterday for my mother.
Pl. do let us know about the heating issue.
Old 26th March 2016, 16:22   #23117
Distinguished - BHPian

I still want some idea of what people consider an issue with heating.

I don't like that my X Play gets very warm, but I'm not afraid of it catching fire.
Old 26th March 2016, 17:20   #23118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I still want some idea of what people consider an issue with heating.

I don't like that my X Play gets very warm, but I'm not afraid of it catching fire.
My friend bought the Moto XPlay from Flipkart & had it replaced twice due to 'overheating'. Finally, she kept it realizing thats just how it is, its uncomfortable in hand when you use heavy apps.

My dad has a Moto G2 which is just fine during normal use, but when used heavily, eg- installing/updating apps it does warm up too.
Old 26th March 2016, 22:30   #23119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
My friend bought the Moto XPlay from Flipkart & had it replaced twice due to 'overheating'. Finally, she kept it realizing thats just how it is, its uncomfortable in hand when you use heavy apps.
Yes, that is just how it is. If I were using it in London, right now, the warmth would actually be welcome, but I do agree that it is not so comfortable here and makes for sweaty hands.
Old 29th March 2016, 18:38   #23120
Senior - BHPian

Any got F Codes for Redmi Note 3 (3GB version) or Mi 5 to spare?
Old 29th March 2016, 19:37   #23121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Guys/ Experts,

Just saw the reviews on Lenevo Vibe K5 pluse. Seems the battery is pretty disappointing. Also, people are mentioning about high/ quick heating problem.

Now back to Square 1. Pls help me in finding a phone with the below specs in order of preference.

1. Screen : Not more than 5"
2. Batter Back up : At least 24 hrs.
3. RAM: Min 2 GB.
4. Processor: Min 1.4 GHz.
5. Less heating.
6. Budget : Not more than INR 15 K.

Not willing to risk with RedMi, Coolpad, etc and other Chinese makes.

Thanks in advance.
Maverick79.
If you are still looking, One Plus X is available for 15K (plus 1K cash back if you use CITI cards), at Amazon. This one satisfies almost all of your needs, but be warned that the battery is only 2500 mAh. So, if you are a heavy user, you may be disappointed with the battery.

My wife have one and she is happy with the performance. Her phone is connected to wifi 24\7 and she uses facebook\whatsapp etc a lot (no gaming, no movies\songs etc) and the battery lasts 24 hour.

--Anoop
Old 30th March 2016, 13:43   #23122
Senior - BHPian

Does Lenovo P1m have Dolby Atomos?

None of the websites are mentioning them though few reviewers hae stated that the mobile comes with the Dolby Atmos Technology.

Was considering this mobile within the Rs. 7K-7.5K budget.

Alternatively, the other option is A6000 Plus from the same manufacturer.

Any other good option in this price range for a 5 inch Full HD smartphone?
Old 30th March 2016, 13:53   #23123
BHPian

My take on Moto X style after 3 weeks usage.

Outstanding performance. Display is very fluid and buttersmooth
Great battery life. (Full time 4G, lasts a day almost 9am to 9pm. More than a required.
Good camera
Zero heating issues (heats sometimes during charging)
My note2 was used to heat lot more than this.

I'm a medium to heavy user to play with lots of applications.. However, I don't play games, May be that is the reason not feeling the heating issues. But, my note2 used to heat always.
Old 30th March 2016, 18:35   #23124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Does Any other good option in this price range for a 5 inch Full HD smartphone?
If you have a citi credit card, try the redmi note 3 at 10pc discount. Else redmi 2 prime at a lower price point is better than either of the Lenovos

I have an A6000 plus which is currently unused (thinking of selling it on Olx) due to upgrading to the redmi note 3, and while it is good for the price, Xiaomi offers more value for money
Old 30th March 2016, 23:54   #23125
BHPian

OnePlus X 16 GB looks like a perfect replacement for my ageing Moto G2! At 14,999/- I'm finding it hard to look away! (Wasn't it launched at 21-22k?)
- I prefer 5" devices to 5.5" ones
- 3 GB RAM is mouth watering coming from the 1 GB of the G2
- Camera is decent at the price point from the reviews I could find
- 2500 mA battery is better than the 2050 mA G2 battery, which used to last me all day with my usage
- Does anyone know if the rear glass panel is Gorilla Glass 3 as well? If not, isn't it at risk of getting scratched badly?

Am I missing something here?
Could existing 1+ X users please comment?
Are there any other 3 GB RAM devices below 15k I need to consider?

Last edited by Geo_Ipe : 30th March 2016 at 23:58.
Old 30th March 2016, 23:58   #23126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post

Xaiomi Redmi note 3 but that would be too big for you but you do get the snapdragon 650 that's much better than the one plus X configuration. There's a massive 4000 mah battery so it will easily last 1.5 days. One plus x was launched at 16,999 and is a good phone except for the average battery life. You can check out the nexus 5x which is a nice phone although costs 21k.
Old 31st March 2016, 08:22   #23127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OnePlus X 16 GB looks like a perfect replacement for my ageing Moto G2! At 14,999/- I'm finding it hard to look away! (Wasn't it launched at 21-22k?)
- 2500 mA battery is better than the 2050 mA G2 battery, which used to last me all day with my usage
- Does anyone know if the rear glass panel is Gorilla Glass 3 as well? If not, isn't it at risk of getting scratched badly?

Any reason you excluded Coolpad Note 3? Its not a scorcher but has gotten decent ratings on amazon.
Old 31st March 2016, 10:00   #23128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Xaiomi Redmi note 3 but that would be too big for you but you do get the snapdragon 650 that's much better than the one plus X configuration. There's a massive 4000 mah battery so it will easily last 1.5 days. One plus x was launched at 16,999 and is a good phone except for the average battery life. You can check out the nexus 5x which is a nice phone although costs 21k.
Thank you for your input! Yes, the Redmi Note 3 is too big. Not considering the Nexus as my budget has been stretched to the max already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Any reason you excluded Coolpad Note 3? Its not a scorcher but has gotten decent ratings on amazon.
5.5" screen!
Also, I don't think the display, camera or performance is better than the OnePlus X.
Old 31st March 2016, 10:25   #23129
BHPian

Quote:

I don't know whether the rear panel is Gorilla glass or not, but I've heard in a lot of reviews that it is a scratch and fingerprint magnet. And as it is glass, it's gonna be slippery too. So you'd have to install a case anyway.
As for the battery, it cannot be compared to a Moto G, as the Moto has much weaker hardware and very well optimised software. The battery life is likely to be average with medium usage. Maybe it'll improve with doze in Marshmallow.
Also, the OnePlus One was available under 18k recently, and that is another great device, and isn't too bulky despite being 5.5". That phone has the exact same specs, but a 5.5" LCD instead of the 5" AMOLED, but 64GB of non-expandable storage (which I'd prefer) instead of 16GB expandable one, and a much bigger 3100 mAh battery. But if you are really keen on a compact device, the OPX is sleek and easy for one hand; you may as well go ahead with it. The only two noticeable missing features are fast charging of any sort and a fingerprint scanner. If you can live without them, yes the OPX is definitely a great choice.
Old 31st March 2016, 10:44   #23130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your input! Yes, the Redmi Note 3 is too big. Not considering the Nexus as my budget has been stretched to the max already.

5.5" screen!
Also, I don't think the display, camera or performance is better than the OnePlus X.
Don't sacrifice perfomance / longevity for size. RN3/3GB RAM would be my best bet. OPO hasn't aged that well IMNSHO (Dec/14 purchase).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks