Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2016, 16:00   #22981
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Hi All,

Any Moto X styles users are here. Good deal in FK is going on for Moto X style @ 26K (32GB) version. Is it worthy buying? I'm currently using 2 year old Note 2, really looking for a better replacement. My preferences are, better call quality and signal reception
Old 9th March 2016, 16:05   #22982
BHPian

I've been using the Nexus 6P for over a month now and in short its brilliant.

It's a complete package with great VFM. (32 gigs can be picked up for 35k types) Buttery smooth performance, great front facing stereo speakers, solid premium build, sleek and seriously hot looking (I have the matte black version), good battery life, great camera, beautiful AMOLED screen; these are some of the highlights.

Now talking about some specifics, camera performance is pretty good and one won't be left disappointed. But like I said before, this phone is a complete package with the best android experience. Is it the best camera phone out there in the market, definitely NOT. But it's more than sufficient for daily usage for most of us. (DXOMark rating - 84, 3rd highest)

3Gb ram is definitely sufficient but 4Gb is definitely future-proofing. But that shouldn't be a reason to not go in for a phone offering just 3 gigs of RAM at the moment. On a daily basis you will still have 1.2-1.5 gigs free with a 3Gb Nexus 6P.

Any further specific questions/details regarding Nexus 6P - feel free to post your queries and I will try to help out as much as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post
Hi All,

Any Moto X styles users are here. Good deal in FK is going on for Moto X style @ 26K (32GB) version. Is it worthy buying? I'm currently using 2 year old Note 2, really looking for a better replacement. My preferences are, better call quality and signal reception
Definitely a good phone at its current price range. Again a good overall package. The only thing I don't like personally is that it's a little bulky. The phone without a case is quick thick so with a case would seriously look fat !
No issues with "phone's" signal quality and reception. It's only the operators that I have complaints with !

Last edited by Aston Singh : 9th March 2016 at 16:20. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 10th March 2016, 09:43   #22983
BANNED

Quote:
Hi All,

I have one of the early ones. Pre launch booking. I switched from htc One m7. No issues, very good in both voice and signal level. Go for it.
Old 10th March 2016, 10:12   #22984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Hopefully you would have placed the order by now, if not you can still buy it at the 29k pricing. I also had a note 2 which I used for 3 years and then switched over to the X style. Very nice phone and android without bloat is good to use. Also the voice assist feature is really nice as well. Was also looking at the 6P but I needed a dual sim phone so chose this and as of now its been a good choice!!
Old 10th March 2016, 12:30   #22985
BHPian

Thanks a lot Aston, Sir and Arvind!

Yes, I've booked the same yesterday night 2 hours before the offer closes after reading all positive reviews and it's on my way now. Not thinking to go with the case, as the already bulky phone. However, I'm planning to add a tempered glass on top of it considering the display reported as fragile.

Last edited by Jebs : 10th March 2016 at 12:31. Reason: corrections
Old 10th March 2016, 12:54   #22986
BHPian

As reported earlier, my S6 Galaxy battery was having an issue of draining too fast. Gave it to the service centre, they have replaced the motherboard altogether , as there was an issue with one of the IC device. Now it is OK and functioning as per the specifications.
Old 10th March 2016, 12:59   #22987
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot Aston, Sir and Arvind!

Yes, I've booked the same yesterday night 2 hours before the offer closes after reading all positive reviews and it's on my way now. Not thinking to go with the case, as the already bulky phone. However, I'm planning to add a tempered glass on top of it considering the display reported as fragile.
@ Jebs. We have been using a Moto X Style since November last year.
Great phone for the price. Quad HD IPS screen is great but no match to Samsung's AMOLED. Brilliant dual speakers on the front and makes viewing HD videos a great experience. External memory can be clubbed together with phone memory to act as internal memory (not supported in Galaxy S7). Images are great when taken with the 21 MP rear camera in good light. Low light photos are acceptable but no match to Galaxy S6. Form camera takes good selfies.
We had one issue where the microphone won’t pick up our voice during voice calls and we literally have to shout for the person at the other end to listen to anything credible. By the time we realized it was already over 30 days and hence could not get a replacement. Got the same replaced under warranty. The issue wasn't there for some time but we have started seeing it again after a month but not as bad as last time. It happens sometimes but not always. Seems like some issue with noise cancellation which also filters actual speech. Taking the call on head phones or putting the speaker on resolved the issue though. We will observe for some more days to figure out if it’s the issue with the phone again or some network issue. It happens may be 2-5% of the calls. Be sure to check this as there are a lot of similar issues reported on various Android sites.
It’s a pretty big and heavy phone when compared to other flagships but not much of a bother. But forget single hand operation unless one has really big hands. I am 5'8 and have averaged sized hands. One hand operation especially for messaging and typing is a pain and I really have to stretch my thumb. Please put a case immediately or else you risk breaking the phone due to its weight. Tempered glass is a must as the screen due larger size.
We have this case
http://www.flipkart.com/magpie-back-...er=from-search
And it neither adds weight or bulk to the phone. It’s more like a skin and is very well made. Quality is top notch. There is video showing what all shocks this case can take.
Old 10th March 2016, 16:32   #22988
Senior - BHPian

my LG G4 got the OTA update to marshmallow sometime last week and since then been noticing that battery drains faster and phone is almost always at 37-40 degrees temp.

any tips?
Old 10th March 2016, 16:33   #22989
BHPian

I have this particular issue with my Moto X play: Network drops.
After upgrading to Marshmallow, the phone seems to lose network every now and then. I'll have to put it in flight mode & then switch it back to normal for the network to work. Problem isn't with airtel as my colleagues & parents use airtel and their phones seem to be working fine. Even did a network reset & didn't seem to help much. Should I do a factory reset? I'm pretty sure it's Marshmallow that's screwing up the phone. I got Marshmallow through soak test, my friend who has the same phone, got an OTA update & she doesn't seem to be facing any issues at all.
Anyone else facing this issue?
Old 10th March 2016, 21:02   #22990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
I have this particular issue with my Moto X play: Network drops.
After upgrading to Marshmallow, the phone seems to lose network every now and then. I'll have to put it in flight mode & then switch it back to normal for the network to work. Problem isn't with airtel as my colleagues & parents use airtel and their phones seem to be working fine. Even did a network reset & didn't seem to help much. Should I do a factory reset? I'm pretty sure it's Marshmallow that's screwing up the phone. I got Marshmallow through soak test, my friend who has the same phone, got an OTA update & she doesn't seem to be facing any issues at all.
Anyone else facing this issue?
Airtel is upgrading it's LTE network, slated to be completed by June. Try keeping the network in WCDMA/GSM mode only, not LTE/WCDMA/GSM, the network disconnections should stop!

Last edited by cpbopanna : 10th March 2016 at 21:04.
Old 10th March 2016, 22:29   #22991
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibedk View Post
External memory can be clubbed together with phone memory to act as internal memory...
Not necessarily such a good idea. "Portable memory" is much more flexible, and simpler, more straightforward way of using the SD card. Google and read some of the articles and you too might decide against making your SD card "internal." On this phone, with 32Gb internal, there are several disadvantages and no real advantages,
Old 11th March 2016, 10:13   #22992
BANNED

Quote:
Not thinking to go with the case, as the already bulky phone.
I am using the skeletal plastic protector, and find it enough. I suggest you try it. Any film on the top will only compromise sensitivity to touch.
Old 11th March 2016, 10:49   #22993
BHPian

Hi Nibedk, this is a great feedback. Thanks a lot! I've ordered the same yesterday night itself and waiting for a delivery. Awaiting my x style delivery today.

Thanks sgiitk Sir! I've not used any tempered glasses so far. But planning to try for this.
Old 11th March 2016, 14:12   #22994
Distinguished - BHPian

Updated the Xperia Z5 to Android 6, from the looks of it there are a few useful changes like having better control over applications, more admin privileges and quick swipe settings for camera in manual mode like adjusting exposure, tint, resolution etc. Other than that I simply hate Android itself, love the phone and the hardware though.. Its a Sony afterall. The call handling has been simplified too and is much faster. The overall speed, I don't notice much difference as the phone has never lagged and has been much faster than even the IOS belonging to a colleague.

Each version of Android is a piece of turd dropped by Google into the hands of ever anxious users like myself and others hoping this would be different, smoother and easier experience but it has never failed to disappoint me. If you think I'm an Apple fan then no, I hate that way more due to sheer lack of flexibility. The Nokia N series and Symbian will always be special to me.
Old 11th March 2016, 15:38   #22995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
I've been using the Nexus 6P for over a month now and in short its brilliant.
Any further specific questions/details regarding Nexus 6P - feel free to post your queries and I will try to help out as much as I can.
Thanks for your feedback on the camera. For me a great to decent camera is a must. Now only hurdle is the phablet form it comes in. I'm a 6 footer so a big phone wont look out of place but I haven't ever used a phablet so am just trying to make up my mind with it. Plus will 3GB of RAM suffice for a phone which I hope to keep at least for 2 years? And could give me some idea about the free storage available for the user in e 32 GB version?

Thanks for your comments once again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks