Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2016, 15:27   #22966
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Anyone using Nexus 6P here. How would you rate it. I have been an andriod user and once you get used to the Nexus/Moto phones there is hardly any other option for pure Andriod experience.

Replaced my Nexus 4 for a Moto X Style which my wife has been using since November 15. I had to switch to Samsung S3 which was being used by my wife. Its more than 3 years old now and coming from a Nexus phone I just hate the experience.

I have most a lot of Apple products during my stint in an Apple project and owned a few Ipods as well. I used those for around 3 years and to be frank never missed them after I moved out. Somehow for me for all the premium experience Apple products provide they still do not justify the premium they charge at least in India. In US its an altogether different scenario.Besides they constrict so much as far as the iOS is concerned is something which I didn't like at all. They are improving on those points now but its still sometime away when they can match Andriod as far the user friendliness is concerned. I didn't also have a good experience when my iPods went bad an the support I got. So not looking at going back to Apple in near future at least.

So would like to know the feedback on Nexus 6P. Else I can get may wife a Samsung S6 and get hold of the Moto X Style. I am planning to use the S3 for some more time atleast till the prices of Nexus 6P drops down to around 30 K. Any other options which mobile gurus can suggest.

Last edited by Zappo : 3rd March 2016 at 15:59. Reason: Restrict yourself to a max of 2 smileys per post. Please go through our Announcements section.
Old 3rd March 2016, 15:42   #22967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibedk View Post
Anyone using Nexus 6P here. How would you rate it. I have been an andriod user and once you get used to the Nexus/Moto phones there is hardly any other option for pure Andriod experience.

Replaced my Nexus 4 for a Moto X Style which my wife has been using since November 15. I had to switch to Samsung S3 which was being used by my wife. Its more than 3 years old now and coming from a Nexus phone I just hate the experience.

So would like to know the feedback on Nexus 6P. Else I can get may wife a Samsung S6 and get hold of the Moto X Style. I am planning to use the S3 for some more time atleast till the prices of Nexus 6P drops down to around 30 K. Any other options which mobile gurus can suggest.
I wholeheartedly agree with you. Once you start using nexus, its very difficult to go back to any phone. The only cheap option that I figured could replace my nexus 4 was the moto g range. I also have a S3, rooted, running a cm rom, but it still is no match for my nexus.

have you considered nexus 5 or nexus 5x?
Old 3rd March 2016, 16:00   #22968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Check out my post and the post below it from a few pages back - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post3913484. I am very happy with the 6P.
Old 3rd March 2016, 16:09   #22969
BHPian

So the Redmi Note 3 Pro has just been launched and it looks very tempting. 12k for the 3GB/32GB model with Snapdragon 650 chip, metal body, fingerprint sensor, 4050 mAH battery, etc. I only wish there was a similar specced model available in a smaller size as 5.5' screen is too big for me. It will be interesting to see Moto's devices this year. I hope they can match the specs and price somewhat but with a smaller size, otherwise Redmi Note 3 Pro seems like the top contender for my next phone.

Last edited by JonSnow : 3rd March 2016 at 16:14.
Old 3rd March 2016, 16:11   #22970
Senior - BHPian

Redmi Note 3 launched

- 2 GB RAM + 16 GB Internal Memory - Rs 9,999
- 3 GB RAM + 32 GB Internal Memory - Rs 11,999

Features :

- Snapdragon 650
- 4050 mAh battery with Quick CHarge
- Metal body and fingerprint sensor
- 5.5" full HD display
- 16 MP (f/2.0) and 5 MP front camera
- Full LTE band support with VoLTE
Old 3rd March 2016, 18:28   #22971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader View Post
I wholeheartedly agree with you. Once you start using nexus, its very difficult to go back to any phone. The only cheap option that I figured could replace my nexus 4 was the moto g range. I also have a S3, rooted, running a cm rom, but it still is no match for my nexus.

have you considered nexus 5 or nexus 5x?
Looking for something more premium. Nexus 5 doesnt have great battery or camera. And even after price slash Nexus 5X still looks pretty costly when compared to Moto X Play/Moto G3. Not much difference specs wise when compared to its competitors. I got the Moto X Style for 25 K after exchange and discounts. I have played with Nexus 5 X at stores and Moto X Style is better in every respect except the camera. Somehow Nexus 5X isnt value for money like it predecessors. Even the build quality isnt anything to rave about.

At least Nexus 6P somehow justifies its price tag for what it offers and a little wait and the price will be closer to 30 K with all exchanges and offers in a few months time.
Old 8th March 2016, 17:34   #22972
BHPian

Quote:
Looking for something more premium. Nexus 5 doesnt have great battery or camera. And even after price slash Nexus 5X still looks pretty costly when compared to Moto X Play/Moto G3. Not much difference specs wise when compared to its competitors. I got the Moto X Style for 25 K after exchange and discounts. I have played with Nexus 5 X at stores and Moto X Style is better in every respect except the camera. Somehow Nexus 5X isnt value for money like it predecessors. Even the build quality isnt anything to rave about.

At least Nexus 6P somehow justifies its price tag for what it offers and a little wait and the price will be closer to 30 K with all exchanges and offers in a few months time.
Try one plus series (one plus one or one plus 2), you can order one from amazon and in case if you dont like the phone you can return the same
Old 8th March 2016, 19:58   #22973
BHPian

Samsung's launched the S7 and S7 Edge in India, priced at 48,900 for the S7 and 56,900 for S7 Edge. While lower than the S6 pricing, I still think it's high compared to the other flagships out there.

I think it's remarkable that instead of waiting for months as in the past, mobile phone makers are launching immediately in India. In fact, I don't think it's gone on sale anywhere else in the world yet.

Anyone buying one? I'm tempted but after just getting the note 4, I don't see the point. Deliveries begin March 18, and the gear vr is free.
Old 9th March 2016, 09:44   #22974
BHPian

S7 models in India are with Exynos processor and not SD820.
Old 9th March 2016, 11:36   #22975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
In fact, I don't think it's gone on sale anywhere else in the world yet.
Already Available in US with almost all the carriers. Mine will be coming next week.
Old 9th March 2016, 12:00   #22976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Vathsa View Post
Try one plus series (one plus one or one plus 2), you can order one from amazon and in case if you dont like the phone you can return the same
@Sri Vatsha. I am looking for bloat ware free Android only so I guess that just leaves me with Moto or the Nexus series. I have handled a One Plus and found it nice in all aspects. But somehow I have not yet been impressed by the implementation of the Android platform by other manufacturers. In a race to make the UI attractive all of them actually end up making it so heavy that within six months of usage these phones become so slow that it’s a pain to use. Otherwise I am big fan of the S6 series. We had a Nexus 4 and S3 bought at the same time. In the last 3.5 years the S3 would have undergone factory reset at least 3-4 times and not even once for the Nexus 4. I finally exchanged the Nexus 4 for a Moto X style and that was the first time Nexus 4 underwent a reset. The reason Nexus 4 was exchanged was better exchange price compared to S3.

The nexus 4 was running the same way it did when I first started using it. In the last 3-4 months I have been using the S3 and feel like
Old 9th March 2016, 12:40   #22977
BHPian

I am in a dilemma. I was a happy S6 user till my wife gifted me an Iphone 6s 16 GB last month despite my protests. I've always been an android guy but wifey belives no one manufactures phones execpt Apple and went out a 16 gb version without even checking with me on the storage I needed or used

Now after a month of use I am not finding my self at home with the IP6s. So I schemed to transfer the IP6s to my dad and sell his 3 yr old IP5 and I can get my self a new android. Now the confusion is that having used the s6 I am gunning for the S7. But like all samsung phones the price is high and can easily expect it to fall in the next couple of months. The other contender is the Nexus 6P. I have always appreciated the stock experience but wasn't much troubled by the S6 too. So my entire confusion is to go for the s7/edge or Nexus 6p. I've never used a phablet and don't know how living with one will be like. Though I'm 6 footer and my hands will be able to handle the bigger form factor. But i click a lot of pics with my s6 and hence wanted to know the camera performance of Nexus 6p. I can be reasonably sure that the s7 camera is gonna be great too.

Any suggestions would be great as which way to go.
Old 9th March 2016, 13:50   #22978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
I am in a dilemma. I was a happy S6 user till my wife gifted me an Iphone 6s 16 GB last month despite my protests. I've always been an android guy but wifey belives no one manufactures phones execpt Apple and went out a 16 gb version without even checking with me on the storage I needed or used

Now after a month of use I am not finding my self at home with the IP6s. So I schemed to transfer the IP6s to my dad and sell his 3 yr old IP5 and I can get my self a new android. Now the confusion is that having used the s6 I am gunning for the S7. But like all samsung phones the price is high and can easily expect it to fall in the next couple of months. The other contender is the Nexus 6P. I have always appreciated the stock experience but wasn't much troubled by the S6 too. So my entire confusion is to go for the s7/edge or Nexus 6p. I've never used a phablet and don't know how living with one will be like. Though I'm 6 footer and my hands will be able to handle the bigger form factor. But i click a lot of pics with my s6 and hence wanted to know the camera performance of Nexus 6p. I can be reasonably sure that the s7 camera is gonna be great too.

Any suggestions would be great as which way to go.
@abs182. I guess we think alike. I never warmed up to Apple products even after using most of them for close to 4 years.

As far as S7 is concerned based on all the online reviews pouring in its better than both IP6 and 6P on all parameters. Being the latest one S7 ought to be better as the specs will be better. There are two areas where the 6P stands out compared to S7 is the updates from Google which will happen almost instantly. For S7 it should take at least 6 months to make the required changes on top of Android. Due to the longer update cycles 6P is bound to get more updates than S7 as most manufacturers now support updates till 2-3 years after the model is launched. Second is the front camera. The 8MP one on the Nexus 6P is a stunner not so the 5M on S7. Online review too have mentioned the same. The rear camera should be same as both use Sony 12 MP sensor with bigger pixels. The pixels on 6P though are bigger @ 1.55 microns compared to 1.4 microns on S7. Bigger pixels means better light gathering capabilities and hence better performance in low light. But S7 bests the 6P with additional image stabilization. Without looking @ the samples my best guess would be that good light images of both should be comparable but bad light images should turn out better for S7.

Reviews also point out that S7 bloat ware is considerably lesser than S6 resulting in better UI experience. This is the area where Nexus models will beat any other Android device black and blue. Pick up a Nexus 4 and it will still give better UI experience when compared to any latest flagship phones. Nexus 6P UI experience will spoil you for sure. Once you get a taste of the experience you will never be able to go back to any other mainstream Android phone makers. Please note than any phone when bought new will match the Nexus experience. Just as the phone ages and you go on piling apps to the phone memory that you will realize how Google has envisioned the use of Android. Day 1 or 2 years later Nexus models will keep on working flawlessly and this is where other phones will lag.
Old 9th March 2016, 15:25   #22979
BHPian

Quote:
@abs182. I guess we think alike. I never warmed up to Apple products even after using most of them for close to 4 years.

Once you get a taste of the experience you will never be able to go back to any other mainstream Android phone makers. Please note than any phone when bought new will match the Nexus experience. Just as the phone ages and you go on piling apps to the phone memory that you will realize how Google has envisioned the use of Android. Day 1 or 2 years later Nexus models will keep on working flawlessly and this is where other phones will lag.
Thanks for your reply. I too am inclined towards the Nexus 6p but only now worry about it being a 3 GB RAM which I'm sure will turn to 4GB ram industry standard in 2016. Also I've got two little kids at home and hence camera is a must. A phone camera is the only best way to keep up with the moments kids throw up now and than.
Old 9th March 2016, 15:43   #22980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
Thanks for your reply. I too am inclined towards the Nexus 6p but only now worry about it being a 3 GB RAM which I'm sure will turn to 4GB ram industry standard in 2016. Also I've got two little kids at home and hence camera is a must. A phone camera is the only best way to keep up with the moments kids throw up now and than.
I have Nexus 6 (not 6P) which has 3GB, My average memory stays at 1.1GB. I have almost all shopping apps, WA, No FB, Email configured via GMail all. All are all time sync mode.

Now question why 4GB? You certainly not need 4GB in nexus. It might be beneficial in 3 years down the line. But not at the moment!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks