Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2013, 14:36   #15466
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

My Atrix 2 is back from repairs. God knows what they fixed. The service centre was way too busy to handle questions. To me it sounds like the display went bust cause all the data is intact. Took Motorola India a month and 8 days to ship whatever they had to, to the service centre.
Old 19th June 2013, 14:49   #15467
BHPian

Has anyone used the 'Where's my DROID?' App? I am thinking of installing an anti-theft app on my S4. Will this do the trick? Or is there any other trusty alternative available?
Old 19th June 2013, 15:05   #15468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97_Octane View Post
Has anyone used the 'Where's my DROID?' App? I am thinking of installing an anti-theft app on my S4. Will this do the trick? Or is there any other trusty alternative available?
I just use the AVG mobile security app. Serves the purpose of an antivirus app and anti theft app even though I don't need antivirus.
Old 19th June 2013, 17:04   #15469
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
Samsung has put up a list of phones that can be exchanged to avail the 10k discount.
The offer is a bit ridiculous, to be honest. The offer is supposed to be valid for smartphones, but when I checked, they have Nokia Asha Series phones on the 'eligible' list, but Nokia E-Series phones are missing (except E5 if I remember right).

So much for 'smart'phones.
Old 19th June 2013, 17:14   #15470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Androidlost. Was the most lightweight app I could find (not that I'v checked out too many). Worked well on the phone I installed it on. Not actually compared it to any other app though.
Old 19th June 2013, 17:43   #15471
BHPian

Quote:
Samsung has a built-in app, why do you want to use another one?
Old 19th June 2013, 19:51   #15472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
I just use the AVG mobile security app.
Even I have AVG installed, was thinking of a dedicated app which can report the GPS locations too. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Androidlost. Was the most lightweight app I could find..
Thanks! I don't think I need a third party app as gr8guzzler suggested (don't know how I missed that option!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
Samsung has a built-in app, why do you want to use another one?
I never bothered to check the Security settings in the phone itself. Don't know how it missed my mind
I'll activate the one present in the phone. Thanks for pointing it out!
Old 19th June 2013, 19:59   #15473
Senior - BHPian

^^^If its a Samsung app, I'd bet that it will be a lot more heavyweight than the leaner options. I'd consider getting rid of it and and using a 3rd party app. But you might want to check out the Samsung app before that.
Old 19th June 2013, 20:31   #15474
BHPian

Guys , anyone here with canvas HD has updated his phone manually to 4.2 using SP flash tools?
I am a bit confused about status of battery while flashing. Few blogs suggest to keep the battery out while flashing then restart the phone?

Please guide
Old 19th June 2013, 23:50   #15475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro View Post
Been using the new HTC One for over 2 weeks now, and I am simply in love with it!

It's just so beautiful to look at and hold, but the downside is that I am always worried about scratching it, so its always in its casing which adds a bit of bulk
I agree to it hands down. Loving every bit of it. I have got a incipio frequency case for it. Amazing.
Old 20th June 2013, 06:14   #15476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
Guys , anyone here with canvas HD has updated his phone manually to 4.2 using SP flash tools?
I am a bit confused about status of battery while flashing. Few blogs suggest to keep the battery out while flashing then restart the phone?

Please guide
Yes please remote the battery. Also see that you dont touch the screen when TP update is running. Doing so has sent many CHDs back to service center. Also if I may suggest, try the 4.2.1 ROM for A919i Duo. It has better color reproduction than MMX stock 4.2.1. btw I have tried both.
Old 20th June 2013, 06:55   #15477
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

MOST theft softwares don't work. They are only meant for the very casual stupid opportunistic thief. It requires a 5 min ROM flash (these apps are good only for data reset) to clean almost all the apps out. I once spent 300 INR on Theft Aware (its Avast anti theft now!) and realized its pointless overhead.
Old 20th June 2013, 07:48   #15478
BHPian

http://www.homeshop18.com/lg-optimus...7303/cid:3027/

LG optimus G on superdeals on homeshop18. Now priced ~26000 after discount
Old 20th June 2013, 07:52   #15479
Distinguished - BHPian

The battery of my phone ( S2) has recently started losing juice a lot faster than it used to and discharges by the evening even with moderate usage. Since the phone is 2 year old now, I assume it has come to the end of its life and will probably have to buy a new one. Does it have anything to do with the android update? My phone is running on the official 4.1.2 version.
Old 20th June 2013, 08:23   #15480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Does it have anything to do with the android update? My phone is running on the official 4.1.2 version.
Does it take longer to charge than usual? If yes, better to replace it. If the charge time is the same as before then try a factory reset along with formatting your internal memory (ofcourse backup first).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks