Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2013, 17:40   #15451
BHPian

Re: Mid Range Andriod phone confusion - LG Nex4 or Xperia SP??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Nexus 4...because of the 2 gigs of RAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Nexus....backed by Google
Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
I have been using the Nexus 4 since Feb
Thank you guys!
May be one more visit to play around with the demo model a bit and I might just go for this; too common or not.
Old 17th June 2013, 20:30   #15452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerr View Post
Hello! Need help....

1. LG Nexus 4, 16GB
2. Xperia SP
Do yourself a favor and get the Nexus 4. You will thank all of us after year, I bet.
Old 17th June 2013, 21:25   #15453
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Some Great stuff for those having the original Galaxy Note N7000:

I am currently using this ROM on my Galaxy Note and it is Excellent.
The interface is the same as stock, does not feel like a custom ROM.

Xda link: Ultimate Galaxy Note N7000 ROM Link 1

Developer's Link: Ultimate Galaxy Note N7000 ROM Link 2

PM me if any help is needed, although everything is self explanatory.
Old 18th June 2013, 13:06   #15454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajanprash View Post
Some Great stuff for those having the original Galaxy Note N7000:

I am currently using this ROM on my Galaxy Note and it is Excellent.
The interface is the same as stock, does not feel like a custom ROM.

Xda link: Ultimate Galaxy Note N7000 ROM Link 1

Developer's Link: Ultimate Galaxy Note N7000 ROM Link 2

PM me if any help is needed, although everything is self explanatory.

Have you ever tried the TV out functionlity on the Note2? How well does it work?

I am planning to buy phablet for my wife, we take a lot of pictures of our 2-year old and usually sharing it on the small screen doesn't work well. TV out would be great (like HDMI out from our camera) but I want to know the performance before actualy spending the $$$
Old 18th June 2013, 13:38   #15455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post

Have you ever tried the TV out functionlity on the Note2? How well does it work?

I am planning to buy phablet for my wife, we take a lot of pictures of our 2-year old and usually sharing it on the small screen doesn't work well. TV out would be great (like HDMI out from our camera) but I want to know the performance before actualy spending the $$$
The tv out functionality works well on the note and I'm sure it would work better on the note2. But remember that you need to purchase an MHL adapter which is sold separately. Also think about the practicality. You will have to keep the phone on charging and can be only as far as the MHL cable and HDMI cables allow you to.
Better would be to load the pictures to a flash drive and plug it into the USB port of your television.
In that way you will be able to browse the contents using your tv remote.
Old 18th June 2013, 14:26   #15456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerr View Post
Hello! Need help....

I going round and round trying to figure out which of these phones to buy. Please help out and tip the scale in one's favor; I would like to pick one of these 2 up this weekend.

1. LG Nexus 4, 16GB
2. Xperia SP
In short; not able to decide.
I haven't used the Xperia SP, so will only be able to share my user experience with the Nexus.

I think the Nexus is a great phone. It is blazing fast, and the UI is silky smooth. I also love the display. It is great with life like colours. I just checked out a colleague's brand new Samsung Note and couldn't believe the bluish tinge the photos and wallpaper had!

For me, it's Nexus 4 any day. In fact, I don't see myself using a non Nexus phone whenever I have to upgrade next!
Old 18th June 2013, 18:59   #15457
mxx
BHPian

Any idea is single sim galaxy Grand will make it to India? I dont need dual sim.
What issues to expect in dual sim compared to single sim?

BTW, what is the opinion about grand quattro? I could not find any review of quattro/win in any good phone review sites.

Last edited by mxx : 18th June 2013 at 19:22.
Old 19th June 2013, 03:27   #15458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajanprash View Post
The tv out functionality works well on the note and I'm sure it would work better on the note2. But remember that you need to purchase an MHL adapter which is sold separately. Also think about the practicality. You will have to keep the phone on charging and can be only as far as the MHL cable and HDMI cables allow you to.
Better would be to load the pictures to a flash drive and plug it into the USB port of your television.
In that way you will be able to browse the contents using your tv remote.

I have tried USB before but it looks pretty washed out. HDMI out from camera looks better.

what is it about charging? does it charge the phone?
Old 19th June 2013, 09:02   #15459
BHPian

Quote:

The TV out from Note 2 is in fact great. I am not a regular user of it but once in a while. Especially for gaming purposes Get an MHL adaptor for Note 2 and you're good to go. If you have the budget, have a look at the "Smart Dock" for Note 2. It transforms the phablet to an android desktop
Old 19th June 2013, 09:31   #15460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Buy any cheap MHLcable from eBay and use for TV out Alternatively if your TV has Dlna you can transmit using dlna (WiFi) as well.
Old 19th June 2013, 09:55   #15461
Senior - BHPian

What is this Note 2 buyback offer from Samsung anyway? The phones listed in there which can be exchanged - are they all qualified for a 10,000 Rs buyback?

Is this offer only from Samsung, as in, do you need to goto the Samsung store to avail this offer?
Old 19th June 2013, 10:22   #15462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
What is this Note 2 buyback offer from Samsung anyway? The phones listed in there which can be exchanged - are they all qualified for a 10,000 Rs buyback?

Is this offer only from Samsung, as in, do you need to goto the Samsung store to avail this offer?
Yes, if you have any phone listed you are eligible for 10K discount. This offer is also available online (Flipkart, Homeshop18, infibeam).
Old 19th June 2013, 10:43   #15463
Senior - BHPian

Unfortunately, galaxy nexus is not listed in the list of phones that can be exchanged.
Who enforces which phone is being exchanged ?
Old 19th June 2013, 12:02   #15464
BHPian

Been using the new HTC One for over 2 weeks now, and I am simply in love with it!

It's just so beautiful to look at and hold, but the downside is that I am always worried about scratching it, so its always in its casing which adds a bit of bulk to it.

Moving from iOS to Android, is taking a little time getting used to, but the overall experience seems quite similar. Love the Zoe and the TV remote functionality, along with the beat speakers. However, I somehow feel the quality of apps for iOS were better.. I know majority of apps are available for both platforms, but some quality ones I used to love on my iPhone are missing.

Also, waiting for the Jelly Bean update, which is expected to roll-out in a few days!
Old 19th June 2013, 14:26   #15465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Unfortunately, galaxy nexus is not listed in the list of phones that can be exchanged.
Who enforces which phone is being exchanged ?
Samsung has put up a list of phones that can be exchanged to avail the 10k discount.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks