Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2013, 19:53   #15346
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
What was samsung thinking while designing the charger for the S4? The cable provided is too short. Would create a huge problem whenever you need to charge since you have to locate a plug point very close by. Thumbs down to the design team. Also didn't like the white colour accessories. They will look good with the white phone but look totally out of sync with a black coloured S4.
+1
AFAIK its the same cable length as in the S3. They made it white and hence uglier.

I just got a Samsung Travel Charger, Rs 350 MRP, almost 2 metre cord, problem solved.
Old 9th June 2013, 20:01   #15347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
If you guys did check out Q800 on ebaywith coupons it was available for 9700 a week back (i had posted the deals then). keep your eyes open!

I have tried several coupon codes. None seems to work.

Old 9th June 2013, 20:12   #15348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post

Do we get these batteries at the mobile shops or does this also requure svc visit?
Just note down the battery model no. and search for it online. I hit a good deal at snapdeal. Else it's also easily available in mobile accessory shops. Go for packed piece to ensure original.
Old 9th June 2013, 23:12   #15349
Senior - BHPian

Guys, my friend is looking forward to update his canvas HD, now the question is, will the data on internal memory and sd card will go?

All the apps and all?
Old 10th June 2013, 02:20   #15350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post

Just note down the battery model no. and search for it online. I hit a good deal at snapdeal. Else it's also easily available in mobile accessory shops. Go for packed piece to ensure original.
thanks for that engrohit. While getting back I checked at my local shop and seems they can get the battery for me. Will check the online sites to get a better deal.
Old 10th June 2013, 03:58   #15351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Looking to buy an Android smartphone within 10K. Lower the better.

What I need is a Big screen and decent performance. The two options that seem good are Lava Iris 458Q (VFM) & Xolo Q700 (Good battery, 1 GB ram). Need some suggestions before putting money on these brands.

I have heard that GPS cant get a lock in these budget smartphones. Is it true. If so, that are my options.
GPS is excellent in xolo Q800. Works better than my old Samsung. And even with GPS on battery really lasts long.
Old 10th June 2013, 10:44   #15352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
GPS is excellent in xolo Q800. Works better than my old Samsung. And even with GPS on battery really lasts long.
Thanks. Then it should be a good deal. Best price found on ebay is 8.8K.

Not bad!
Old 10th June 2013, 10:48   #15353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
+1
AFAIK its the same cable length as in the S3. They made it white and hence uglier.

I just got a Samsung Travel Charger, Rs 350 MRP, almost 2 metre cord, problem solved.
+1 for the short cable length for the S3.

However, I have all black accessories. The actual charger, charger cable etc. is all black. Instead my phone is white and I would have wanted white accessories to go with it.
Old 10th June 2013, 11:03   #15354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
My wife's Galaxy S Dous has become ultra slow in response to anything, let it be opening an app or swiping. I tried removing unwanted apps, tried memory cleaners, etc nothing gives a long term solution

Installing custom rom looks like the only way forward. I was not able to find many custom roms except KyleOpen Custom ROM.

Has anyone here tried this ?
Did you try clearing the dalvik and the cache from the recovery menu?

If you haven't try that first. If you did, there is an app called Greenify (Play store). Try that out and see if it works. You could also try a custom kernel like the V3.
Old 10th June 2013, 11:11   #15355
Senior - BHPian

The Xolo Q800 now comes with a downgraded MTK6589M chipset instead of MTK6589. Many guys have got the phone with downgraded chipset (scroll through the comments on Flipkart.com and reviews on other websites)

Even the tech specs on the official site indicates that the chipset is MTK6589M.
Old 10th June 2013, 11:54   #15356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
The Xolo Q800 now comes with a downgraded MTK6589M chipset instead of MTK6589. Many guys have got the phone with downgraded chipset (scroll through the comments on Flipkart.com and reviews on other websites)

Even the tech specs on the official site indicates that the chipset is MTK6589M.
This is true, the only way around this is to buy in person now and ask that the date on the box for manufacture is April or earlier. Or get the gionee dream d1 instead.
Old 11th June 2013, 20:37   #15357
BHPian

App: Sygic & MapmyIndia Offline GPS

The Sygic & MapmyIndia offline Navigation app for Android is on Sale.

Usually retails for Rs. 1399/- and right now it's for Rs. 199/-

I've used the app in Maharashtra & Gujarat and it worked really well. One of the better Offline Navigation apps I've tried. Really helpful on road trips!
Old 11th June 2013, 21:17   #15358
Senior - BHPian

What would be a better buy for someone upgrading from Moto's Defy Plus with a budget not exceeding 25k. I'm running Defy Plus on WIUI and the experience is nothing but fabulous. I'm not really looking at modding my phone, at least in the first year, but it should be a phone that is fast enough to play heavy games, a good UI and not scarily big to handle (which is why I have my doubts on the Grand)

I compared Samsung's Galaxy Grand, Xperia SP and Xperia P.

Xperia P has v2.3 which is not very encouraging, Grand's 5 inch screen looks too big to handle where as Xperia SP doesn't look worth 25k, confused!
Old 11th June 2013, 21:22   #15359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
What would be a better buy for someone upgrading from Moto's Defy Plus with a budget not exceeding 25k. I'm running Defy Plus on WIUI and the experience is nothing but fabulous. I'm not really looking at modding my phone, at least in the first year, but it should be a phone that is fast enough to play heavy games, a good UI and not scarily big to handle (which is why I have my doubts on the Grand)

I compared Samsung's Galaxy Grand, Xperia SP and Xperia P.

Xperia P has v2.3 which is not very encouraging, Grand's 5 inch screen looks too big to handle where as Xperia SP doesn't look worth 25k, confused!
I went to a nexus 4 from a Moto defy plus running cm10 and trust me I am more than satisfied.
Old 11th June 2013, 21:34   #15360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
I went to a nexus 4 from a Moto defy plus running cm10 and trust me I am more than satisfied.
Flipkart showed Nexus 4 out of stock so I didn't even know there was something like it.

The specs look incredible but what is the non-removable battery and no secondary camera in the front while the specs mention it.

Most Viewed