Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2013, 22:04   #14596
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I selected HTC One X, and asked him how much should I give as additional amount, they said 4K and the deal was done.
Great! Now that's a happy ending. Congrats!

How do you find the cam on OneX compared to the GNex? That is the only thing I h-a-t-e about the GNex - just 6 months old and am already looking for a better camera phone!
Old 18th April 2013, 22:35   #14597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Great! Now that's a happy ending. Congrats!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
How do you find the cam on OneX compared to the GNex? That is the only thing I h-a-t-e about the GNex - just 6 months old and am already looking for a better camera phone!
Oh the camera is much much better. G-Nex pictures used to be all grainy. This takes decent pictures and the camera is fast too. You can even focus on very near subjects.

Here's a picture of my OneX
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-_dsc0934_w.jpg
EDIT - It looks like the top edge of screen glass and plastic edge is mis-aligned but actually it is perfectly aligned

Last edited by clevermax : 18th April 2013 at 23:00.
Old 18th April 2013, 23:11   #14598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks

Oh the camera is much much better. G-Nex pictures used to be all grainy. This takes decent pictures and the camera is fast too. You can even focus on very near subjects.

Congrats man.

There's a thread on one x maintained by a poster named hamdir on xda forums that's like a bible on this device. You might wanna have a look in case you haven't already.
Old 19th April 2013, 11:08   #14599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Congrats man.

There's a thread on one x maintained by a poster named hamdir on xda forums that's like a bible on this device. You might wanna have a look in case you haven't already.
Thanks you joslicx. I'll definitely check it out. Keeping my phone in stock condition at least for couple of weeks now
Old 19th April 2013, 11:17   #14600
BHPian

Quote:

Here's a picture of my OneX
Congrats. This looks stunning in black. Wow. So how is the battery life on this? Looking forward to your updates over the next few days.

Would suggest you get a case for the phone to keep the aluminium unibody in mint condition. Aliexpress and dx.com have a lot of nice looking phone cases. You can check out if they have for the HTC one x. For the galaxy note they had pretty rugged looking ones.

Also did you get beats headphones in the package? Or it has to be bought separately?

Congrats once again on the stunning phone.
Old 19th April 2013, 11:41   #14601
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Congrats. This looks stunning in black. Wow. So how is the battery life on this? Looking forward to your updates over the next few days.

Would suggest you get a case for the phone to keep the aluminium unibody in mint condition. Aliexpress and dx.com have a lot of nice looking phone cases. You can check out if they have for the HTC one x. For the galaxy note they had pretty rugged looking ones.

Also did you get beats headphones in the package? Or it has to be bought separately?

Congrats once again on the stunning phone.
Thanks!
Battery life - New phone, lots of things to install/configure and play around with, so battery life isn't any good now. I am getting about 8 hours on a full charge as of now. It will improve over time... However, I am not expecting wonders from the 1800mah battery in this one.

Case / pouch - need to buy a good one. As of now I am using a leather pouch which is meant for SGS3!

Earphones - no beats audio headsets. You need to buy that separately. But the quality of phone speakers and the normal headsets is decent enough. In fact, I really liked the quality of phone speakers.

Last edited by clevermax : 19th April 2013 at 11:43.
Old 19th April 2013, 12:04   #14602
BHPian

Guys I dont know whether this is the right thread or not. But I am facing a very strange problem. I am not able to send any message to one person although I am able to send messages to other contacts. The funny part is that when I am sending a message to multiple contacts then the message is successfully delivered to that person but not when I am specifically writing a message to that person. I am using Idea prepaid sim. Please let me know the solution.
Old 19th April 2013, 21:23   #14603
BANNED

Atrix 2 for Rs 7990!!!

http://www.saholic.com/mobile-phones...-mb865-1003041
Old 19th April 2013, 22:42   #14604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
I was thinking of getting one at this price but its out of stock
Old 20th April 2013, 00:52   #14605
BHPian

Quote:
Case / pouch - need to buy a good one. As of now I am using a leather pouch which is meant for SGS3!
Congrats your One X bro. Which leather case of S3 are you using ? Local one or ? Can you please share some details ?

Further, guys, I'm looking for a case/pouch for my S3. But, with the case put on the rear, the phone is too thick. Any idea how much a backcover/battery cover of s3 costs ? Planning to buy a duplicate one and use that on the rear. And fellow samsung users, what do you do to remove the accumulated dirt marks from the back cover of s3 ? I mean, if we are using back cases, the dust/dirt gets accumulated and form permanent sorta marks. Any ways to cure this ?
Old 20th April 2013, 09:00   #14606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post

Congrats your One X bro. Which leather case of S3 are you using ? Local one or ? Can you please share some details ?

Further, guys, I'm looking for a case/pouch for my S3. But, with the case put on the rear, the phone is too thick. Any idea how much a backcover/battery cover of s3 costs ? Planning to buy a duplicate one and use that on the rear. And fellow samsung users, what do you do to remove the accumulated dirt marks from the back cover of s3 ? I mean, if we are using back cases, the dust/dirt gets accumulated and form permanent sorta marks. Any ways to cure this ?
I am using a pouch which I bought from Samsung store. Samsung and Galaxy S3 is engraved on the leather.
Old 20th April 2013, 19:34   #14607
Senior - BHPian

Galaxy S3 mini vs S2 vs LG optimus 4X. what are the pro and cons. I am looking for a good hardware in small form factor. S3 mini has 1 ghz processor and 5 mp against S2's 1.2 ghz and 8 MP. doe sit make any real difference?

LG is actually a step higher with quad core CPU, but happens to fall in the same price range. I am concerned about support for aftermarket ROMs for the LG.
Old 20th April 2013, 20:01   #14608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
Galaxy S3 mini vs S2 vs LG optimus 4X. what are the pro and cons. I am looking for a good hardware in small form factor. S3 mini has 1 ghz processor and 5 mp against S2's 1.2 ghz and 8 MP. doe sit make any real difference?

LG is actually a step higher with quad core CPU, but happens to fall in the same price range. I am concerned about support for aftermarket ROMs for the LG.
I got S3 Mini for my wife and it's actually a pretty good device. The processor is 1GHz dual core processor with 1GB RAM. That's plenty juice for 480x800 screen. Overall experience is very fluid and smooth because of this.

Physically it looks very good. It's a copy of original S3 in that department, so if you like S3, you'd like S3 Mini. Currently it is running 4.2.1 and Samsung has promised 4.2.2 for it. However according to rumors, it will stay on 4.x.x forever officially. For custom ROMs, I haven't seen much traction for it on XDA, may be because of low no of users and the fact that Samsung hasn't released sources for this device yet.
Old 21st April 2013, 12:57   #14609
Distinguished - BHPian

Custom ROM for Galaxy Note 2

Got a bit adventurous yesterday and flashed a CM 10.1, JB 4.2.2 ROM yesterday 20/4, a freshly baked version dated 20130420. It's been <12 hours but I discovered some bugs related to the screen and battery charging. Battery consumption seems to be a bit higher as well compared to the stock ROM. I am staying off CM nightlies for the time being.

Does anyone have suggestions for other good (stable & speedy) Custom ROMs for the Note 2?
Old 21st April 2013, 14:31   #14610
PPS
Senior - BHPian

I'm running 4.1.2 on my Samsung Galaxy S III. Now i'm getting a notification regarding a software update. Should i get it? Also i've read here that it is better to take backup before updating, is it true?
Also how to take a backup? Also should all apps be backed-up as well?

Also recently twice in 2 weeks my phone automatically switched off , i do not know if it happened mistakenly by the button being pressed accidentally whilst being in my pocket or if there is some issue. Has anybody else faced this problem?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks