Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2011, 00:24   #2446
BHPian

Re: Android applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Yes on Vodafone Post Paid - 2 Gb for 99/-

Have been using same vodafone since 5 years now. Bought SGS, subscribed for 95 RS plan...have already crossed 3GB, not a single rupee ive paid extra . Looks like ive got unlimited plan for 95 rs ..
Old 26th March 2011, 01:39   #2447
Senior - BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanagg1 View Post
Force close is disabled in case of Bollywoodji
what is the way ahead ?
thanx
cheers
It definitely wasn't disabled on my phone? I could not live a single day with that horrid app. So for the 1st week or so I would FC it every morning when I would turn the phone on. Really irritating. Then I finally got rid of it (and a lot of other LG crap, including their garbage app. advisor and all...) from my mobile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
I wonder if it is legally valid for the phone manufacturers to make such restrictions. When I buy a piece, shouldn't I get complete control of the device h/w and s/w? It' not like I am not under any contract with them.

Yes, I follow the same method and force close the apps after reboot + use advanced task killer and set it up to kill processes every 30 mins + installed mini taskbar widget on my home screen and kill apps using one touch whenever I'm angry
Don't know about the legality of it, but its definitely something I'll hold against the company and factor the experience into my next purchase or recommendation (to friends, etc). It should really be illegal though. Customer should get to decide what runs on his phone and not the other way around. I don't use task killers though.

Last edited by Raccoon : 26th March 2011 at 01:40.
Old 26th March 2011, 03:39   #2448
BHPian

Is there any app for watching live cricket in Android?

In Bangalore you get 4GB for Rs. 95 for prepaid connections.
Old 26th March 2011, 05:49   #2449
BHPian

Samsung has rolled out a update for Lies software which suggests that a gingerbread update may be on its way. Lets hope its true.
Old 26th March 2011, 11:46   #2450
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

getting an offer of 14k on 1 month used Galaxy S (I9000) - the price is good. right?

The only question - should i install a screen protector or the gorilla glass is what it claims to be?
Old 26th March 2011, 11:54   #2451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkher View Post
Samsung has rolled out a update for Lies software which suggests that a gingerbread update may be on its way. Lets hope its true.
I think you meant Kies and not Lies, although seeing what Samsung has done with Galaxy 3 (no Froyo update even today), the apt name should indeed be Samsung Lies.
Old 26th March 2011, 12:40   #2452
Senior - BHPian

Lots of glitches in the F1 app. Everything got reset thrice during qualifying today. Got reset to Q1 when actually Q2 was getting over. And the app freezes quite often too.
Old 26th March 2011, 17:00   #2453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Folks,

getting an offer of 14k on 1 month used Galaxy S (I9000) - the price is good. right?

The only question - should i install a screen protector or the gorilla glass is what it claims to be?
IMO, it depends on your usage. If you are careful with your phone, no need for screen protector, esp. since it has Gorilla glass... and I guess it will look better that way too. But if you are rough with it, and there is a chance of the screen getting scratches, its better to get a screen protector anyway.
Old 26th March 2011, 19:27   #2454
Senior - BHPian

but I guess I should've gone to reliance digital in the morning itself
Old 26th March 2011, 19:37   #2455
BHPian

Re: LG O1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
I wonder if it is legally valid for the phone manufacturers to make such restrictions. When I buy a piece, shouldn't I get complete control of the device h/w and s/w? It' not like I am not under any contract with them.

Yes, I follow the same method and force close the apps after reboot + use advanced task killer and set it up to kill processes every 30 mins + installed mini taskbar widget on my home screen and kill apps using one touch whenever I'm angry
I have the Advanced Task Killer installed on Android Froyo 2.2. How do you set it kill processes every 30 mins?
Old 26th March 2011, 19:52   #2456
BHPian

Re: LG O1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkglow View Post
I have the Advanced Task Killer installed on Android Froyo 2.2. How do you set it kill processes every 30 mins?
Go to: Advanced Task Killer > Setting > Auto Kill Frequency.
Old 26th March 2011, 23:36   #2457
Team-BHP Support

In your settings allow background data connection, that will make it okay
Old 27th March 2011, 07:43   #2458
BHPian

Worldwide International Warranty for Dell Streak? Sorry! Not in India -Dell

Hey all, I need help with this one!

I have a US bought Dell Streak ( with Worldwide International Warranty).
Bought in Feb 2011 (So, Its very well in warranty wrt time.)

Last week, I observed that the LCD has blackened from the edges, and the LCD has developed Sunburn-like-dead-pixel spots.
So, I took it to the Bangalore, Carry in service center ( As directed by the Customer care over phone.)

On showing them the phone, initially they saw the defect, and told me that this does come under warranty, and they will replace the phone after two days, as stock was not there.

After 2 days, I went there, the guy gave me the new phone,
I was booting it and checking it.. (the replacement one),
and he was writing some things down from my old phone.

Here he saw, the IMEI no. and retracted everything, saying this is a US phone!!
(It was US phone, and it never was asked or anything, so there was no mention till now)
I told the guys, this phone is Dell-unlocked and everything, so what is the problem!?

They told , "We have instructions from dell not to handle US and UK phones, Sorry we cant help!"

I mean, the phone is clearly replaceable under warranty without a single penny! and they are rejecting this on base of it being a US phone!

I mean, they cannot do that!!

does India not come under the "world" mentioned in the Worldwide International warranty!!?
The laptops bought anywhere are repaired and warranty is dealt with !!

I intend to take this further, and get rightful resolution IN INDIA.
I have take the mail id for escalation above from the Manager at the Store.

Please help me with directions!
Any body works in Dell here? can help?

care,

Ace. :(

P.S. There was a friendly guy there, he told me off the record, that none of the US phones are replaced till date by them.!! ( Oh ComE ON!)

Oh, and one more thing,
I know, one of my aquaintances, has got his US Dell Streak replaced under warranty!! (But, his Gorrilla Glass was damaged, which wasnt in warranty, but dell replaces such items in warranty with new one, with the cost of component damaged, this is in Goa.)

Last edited by driverace : 27th March 2011 at 07:49. Reason: added P.S.
Old 27th March 2011, 08:20   #2459
BHPian

Re: Worldwide International Warranty for Dell Streak? Sorry! Not in India -Dell

Check the warranty terms and conditions whether India has been specifically excluded or not. If yes, you will not get any warranty, if no, then mail then and ask for replacement of the product.
Old 27th March 2011, 09:37   #2460
BHPian

Guys U all R mking me feel awful. The plans that U all talking about R Corporate plans or those offered to the Mango people also? I am paying a whopping 299 for 2GB of data. Thats actually better than my earlier 249 for 100 MB (yes thats MB & not GB). Voda told me that these were the latest plans.
Airtel offers 2GB for 98 but I never knew even Voda did...

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th March 2011 at 12:04. Reason: Please avoid SMS language. R = are, U = you. Please type in full words. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks