Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2011, 18:52   #2296
BHPian

Re: Android applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Anyone using a fuel expense tracker / mileage calculator app?

I've been using Mileage and it was okay till the last update, which messed up all the calculations on the data entered, but the data is safe. I am looking for migrating the data so far (of course manually), to a more reliable application.
Try aCar, it's a neat app and does more than just fuel expense tracking.
Old 14th March 2011, 18:52   #2297
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Guys how come flipkart is selling Galaxy S for 24k again? I thought the phone was discontinued in India?
Old 14th March 2011, 19:54   #2298
BHPian

Hey Guys,
I had been to the Samsung Showroom in Jayanagar 4th Block this past Sunday to purchase an AirCon.

Out of curiosity I enquired the arrival date of the Samsung Galaxy S2 with the Cell Phone Division Incharge. He looked at some message on his fone and gave me the following info:

1. The Samsung Galaxy S2 will be launched in 2-3 days.
2. The Price of the unit will be around 24990/-
3. On asking about the Dual Core proc and stuff, he said that the specs are unknown at the time. But assured that whatever comes to rest of asian countries (like Singapore, Hongkong etc) will be sold here too.

I asked him repeatedly and he confirmed that it is the Galaxy S2 he is talking about and not the Galaxy S with SLCD or any pother variant of the Galaxy range.

Now I dont intend to spread rumours or set any false expectations, hence can anyone confirm the above ?
Old 14th March 2011, 20:54   #2299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Hey Guys,
I had been to the Samsung Showroom in Jayanagar 4th Block this past Sunday to purchase an AirCon.

Out of curiosity I enquired the arrival date of the Samsung Galaxy S2 with the Cell Phone Division Incharge. He looked at some message on his fone and gave me the following info:

1. The Samsung Galaxy S2 will be launched in 2-3 days.
2. The Price of the unit will be around 24990/-
3. On asking about the Dual Core proc and stuff, he said that the specs are unknown at the time. But assured that whatever comes to rest of asian countries (like Singapore, Hongkong etc) will be sold here too.

I asked him repeatedly and he confirmed that it is the Galaxy S2 he is talking about and not the Galaxy S with SLCD or any pother variant of the Galaxy range.

Now I dont intend to spread rumours or set any false expectations, hence can anyone confirm the above ?
I think then samsung is launching the Galaxy S again in India at a price of 24k. The phone is not the Galaxy S 2. Please see my post above. Flipkart clearly says its Galaxy S.

Galaxy S2 will surely be priced around 30k.
Old 14th March 2011, 21:16   #2300
BHPian

Hello All,

I am to buy a phone as soon as possible. My budget is approx 30k, Please suggest me which is the best phone at this price range.?

Thanks..
Old 14th March 2011, 22:17   #2301
Distinguished - BHPian

Right now I will suggest you to go for the Galaxy S. It seems its coming at a price tag of 25k. One of the best hardware and the best screen. Only thing it lacks in my opinion is a Flash with the camera.

You can also check out the Desire HD though the battery is a little poor.
Old 15th March 2011, 10:07   #2302
BANNED

I have the Galaxy S on CDMA (Epic 4G which is Galaxy S with QWERTY keypad) a brilliant phone. But then the ear speaker conked off within a week. Now the supplier is unable to find a replacement so far. The Galaxy S speaker s too big.
Old 15th March 2011, 10:25   #2303
BHPian

Galaxy S at the moment is not available due to the replacement coming in soon in the form of Galaxy S II. They have Galaxy SSL which is with a LCD screen and retails at around 19k in Mumbai. Same hardware without the Amoled screen.
Old 15th March 2011, 10:30   #2304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Hey Guys,
Hi, Could you tell me where exactly in Jayanagar is this showroom, any landmarks will be helpful for me. I intend to go for the SGS i9003.
Old 15th March 2011, 22:53   #2305

Android App for joining conf calls

Many of you may be attending conf calls with your android phone. You enter a toll-free number, wait for a tone and enter a bridge pin #. You may know that you can speed-up the process by creating a contact with one or two commas between the toll free number and the bridge --- like this 0008001000,2431345#. You call the contact when you want to join the conf call.

I wanted a separate application for this and thought it may be fun to write it. I wrote the app and it works fine on my Milestone. It has some features like ordering the list based on usage, showing the last number dialed as a separate button (handy when you lose the mobile connection).

You can get it from utils.srinivasan.biz. Uses 2.1. Simple to use. Instructions are given in the "About" menu link in the app.

Babu
Old 16th March 2011, 02:38   #2306
BHPian

Guys, my budget again is 25k around, want the SGS2 but the preorder prices are at 45k. So thought about the Incredible S and the price in US is - Buy HTC Incredible S Fully Unlocked at hi-mobile.net (25k) whereas, when I asked here, it was some 35k. But many say that the HD is better than the Incredible. So apart from these 2 or 3, are there no other options?
Old 16th March 2011, 02:46   #2307
BHPian

Hi,

I am using Google Phone, with Android Operating System manufactured by HTC since an year now. I have had no complaints so far, not even for the battery. With Wifi on, the phone battery lasts around 12-13 hours. I am including my gaming hours as well.
I recently bought a G2 for someone in the family. And that too is going strong.

No Complaints for Android!

Battery life also depends on the way you use your phone. So do not make it as the final deciding factor while buying a phone.

Thanks!

Last edited by girlieonwheels : 16th March 2011 at 02:47.
Old 16th March 2011, 10:15   #2308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Galaxy S at the moment is not available due to the replacement coming in soon in the form of Galaxy S II. They have Galaxy SSL which is with a LCD screen and retails at around 19k in Mumbai. Same hardware without the Amoled screen.
do you mean galaxy S I9003, which is bit stripped down version of I9000 ?
where in mumbai?
Old 16th March 2011, 10:26   #2309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kites View Post
Hi, Could you tell me where exactly in Jayanagar is this showroom, any landmarks will be helpful for me. I intend to go for the SGS i9003.
Sure this place is Near the Jayanagar 4th Block BDA complex market area. The road opposite to Cool Joint which has KFC etc. has a new shppoing center that opened recently. The Samsung showroom is on the ground floor of this shopping center. Visible from the main road. Hope this helps.
Old 16th March 2011, 10:42   #2310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlieonwheels View Post
I am using Google Phone, with Android Operating System manufactured by HTC since an year now. I have had no complaints so far, not even for the battery. With Wifi on, the phone battery lasts around 12-13 hours. I am including my gaming hours as well. I recently bought a G2 for someone in the family. And that too is going strong.
No Complaints for Android!
I am using HTC legend for over a year. The software version at the time of purchase was android 2.1 but later it has been auto upgraded by the company to version 2.2 and it is working satisfactorily. The battery lasts satisfactorily for 24 hours, if you do not use Wifi much.
Regards,
Rahul Biswas
Calcutta

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks