Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2011, 18:47   #3421
BANNED

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Around 9k (using voucher on letsbuy), you have the LG Optimus one P500. Looks like the google nexus one is available for around 14k. The optimus one is a bestseller, and good phone to start your android experience, whereas the nexus one is a powerful mid range phone.
Hi thank you ,but what voucher are you talking about? i think i will go for nexus
Old 29th May 2011, 19:11   #3422
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,
A very bad news. My Galaxy S glass got broken today. I was clicking some pics of my friend's car which got detailed today and it fall from hand, face down and the glass is kind of shattered near the home button. Although it's badly broken but the AMOLED and the touch are working perfectly fine. Anyone else also have face such unfortunate incident? If I have to replace the glass then would I have to replace the AMOLED screen too? How much would it cost? I'm having a bad feeling that it would be very expensive to get it repaired. Please help.
Regards,
Old 29th May 2011, 21:48   #3423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Hi All,
A very bad news. My Galaxy S glass got broken today. I was clicking some pics of my friend's car which got detailed today and it fall from hand, face down and the glass is kind of shattered near the home button. Although it's badly broken but the AMOLED and the touch are working perfectly fine. Anyone else also have face such unfortunate incident? If I have to replace the glass then would I have to replace the AMOLED screen too? How much would it cost? I'm having a bad feeling that it would be very expensive to get it repaired. Please help.
Regards,
Will cost you around 6K
e1t1bet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2011, 22:03   #3424
BHPian

hey Fellas, I have Pre-Ordered the Samsung Galaxy S2... Cant wait for the release date now. Will keep this thread posted.

here is the link if anyone else is interested: http://www.samsung.com/in/galaxys2/?cid=gs2-emt-fb-app

Last edited by Zenster : 29th May 2011 at 22:11.
Old 29th May 2011, 22:14   #3425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi thank you ,but what voucher are you talking about? i think i will go for nexus
you can try voucher code rcomlb1 on letsbuy. Nexus one is available on ebay.in.
Old 29th May 2011, 22:32   #3426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1t1bet View Post
Will cost you around 6K
Thanks for the info. And good to know that it's possible to change the display glass. So this is readily available at any Samsung service center?
Old 30th May 2011, 08:47   #3427
Senior - BHPian

@kaushik s - sorry to hear about your loss. though gorrilla glass is very difficult to break, it isnt unbreakable; any good samsung service centre should be able to replace it

@zenster - very good choice; as the advert says, its simply the best; though I will be waiting for HTC evo 3d

@others - Samsung galaxy pro is perhaps best entry level phone with 800 mhz cpu, 512 mb ram and rom & qwerty for 10 k
Old 30th May 2011, 09:11   #3428
BHPian

Encountered a wierd problem on my Optimus P1; i had installed apps like zedge, tomcat, chomp sms, etc from market. These gets automatically installed in the phone memory. Since i wanted to free up that, i went to Setting -> Manage Applications -> <selected a downloaded app> -> Move to SD card. So the apps moved to the SD card. Third party widgets remained in the phone memory as there was no option for it to move to SD card.

Today i rebooted my phone and to my surprize all the apps that i moved to SD card just vanished. I thought the SD card must have been unmounted, but i was able to browse thru the SD card and was able to play mp3 songs. I went to manage applications menu and opened the downloaded app, all i could see was uninstall button, all other options were gryed out. So the question is. What the hell Happened !?!

Another thing that has now started is, I get an sms alert everytime my cell phone selects the cell tower. This is very irritating as i keep getting msg's every 10 mins. I went to sim setting to check notifications, but they are already deactivated. What happened here and what should i do !?!

Pls Help !!!

P.S: am running on stock android 2.2.2 !
Old 30th May 2011, 09:23   #3429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
Encountered a wierd problem on my Optimus P1; i had installed apps like zedge, tomcat, chomp sms, etc from market. These gets automatically installed in the phone memory. Since i wanted to free up that, i went to Setting -> Manage Applications -> <selected a downloaded app> -> Move to SD card. So the apps moved to the SD card. Third party widgets remained in the phone memory as there was no option for it to move to SD card.

Today i rebooted my phone and to my surprize all the apps that i moved to SD card just vanished. I thought the SD card must have been unmounted, but i was able to browse thru the SD card and was able to play mp3 songs. I went to manage applications menu and opened the downloaded app, all i could see was uninstall button, all other options were gryed out. So the question is. What the hell Happened !?!

Another thing that has now started is, I get an sms alert everytime my cell phone selects the cell tower. This is very irritating as i keep getting msg's every 10 mins. I went to sim setting to check notifications, but they are already deactivated. What happened here and what should i do !?!

Pls Help !!!

P.S: am running on stock android 2.2.2 !
Weird !!
try updating your phones software to the latest version using PC sycn.
Old 30th May 2011, 09:27   #3430
Senior - BHPian

@dar3dev|l - I think you need to go in for a factory reset to solve your issue. do remember to backup all your required data
Old 30th May 2011, 09:52   #3431
BHPian

Friends, would like to know feedback on the HTC Desire S. Esp performance, battery life and screen. Prices at 22200/ (using voucher)- on letsbuy, is this the best deal?
Other option i am looking at is the mytouch 4G, if anyone is using this phone, would be glad to know your feedback.

I was using the Motorola Atrix 4G, but was not at all happy with the battery life.

Last edited by xotiq : 30th May 2011 at 09:55. Reason: data
Old 30th May 2011, 10:06   #3432
BHPian

Re: Android applications (Apps)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meonbhp View Post
Try imo. Its the best I've come across.
I tried IM+ (free version). however i was unable to find "search buddies" option from the filtered online list.
what this means is, i have to scroll down to find the person..thats very painfull..
Old 30th May 2011, 10:17   #3433
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
hey Fellas, I have Pre-Ordered the Samsung Galaxy S2... Cant wait for the release date now. Will keep this thread posted.

here is the link if anyone else is interested: Samsung GALAXY S II - Simply the best
We are pre-ordering 2 for the family. My bro (cousin) has already ordered one, and i will be following suit today. I love the S-AMOLED screen of the Galaxy S and I hope this one will exceed those expectations. Plus a good camera + fast browsing are my main requirements.

This will be my first android/ smartphone experience, and i am not pretty sure what to expect out of android OS yet.

Reviews suggest the keyboard to be a bit cluttered. I hope its not a big negative as i send a lot of sms!

PS- My current phone is a Karbonn K46 worth 2.7k new which i have been using for more than 1 year (Bought the Karbonn out of an emergency when my Nokia N73 caused issues, but somehow it won over me and never reverted back to the Nokia). So, this is going to be one helluva jump!
Old 30th May 2011, 10:26   #3434
BANNED

Ah, it is great to find a mobile guru here. dkaile is one I can vouch for it.
Old 30th May 2011, 10:41   #3435
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android applications (Apps)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Bells View Post
Just keep the home button pressed for a fraction longer and you will get a pop-up with all the open apps. With Froyo, you also get the task manager in the pop-up.
Keeping the Home button pressed for longer just opens a shortcut to the recently used apps,not necessarily the open apps.
Even if you close the apps after using it, keeping the Home button pressed will the show that particular app based on how recently it was used. It shows 8 apps on the list.

Most Viewed