Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2011, 18:03   #7036
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajchetan View Post
Within few days of using it, i knew i wanted a bigger better and faster phone.
and here comes the Samsung Galaxy SII.
How much did it cost you? Whats the best price on the market now?
Old 15th December 2011, 19:39   #7037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV

How much did it cost you? Whats the best price on the market now?
It cost me 12,250,000
Yep i paid a million. Aprox 600usd.
I was shocked to know Samsung sii is manufactured in Vietnam for Asia market.
Old 15th December 2011, 22:03   #7038
BANNED

hi all,which phone is better between the sony xperia arc (now costs only 23k) and sgs2 (29k).

I was surprised to see the rate of sony coming down to 23k !!! i am tempted to go for a arc @ 23k than Sansung galaxy plus @ 20k

Suggestions please
Old 15th December 2011, 23:48   #7039
Senior - BHPian

Got an Xperia X8 to network unlock.

Rooted the phone in 10 minutes flat with SuperOneClick. But that's a long way still from network unlock. Torrenting a tool called SETool which hopefully will aid in network unlocking. Frustrated to see all this network unlocking being made a big business in the internet, where one has to pay ~ $50 to unlock a phone. Forums like XDA is useless when it comes to network unlock. Even google is rendered useless. Bing is giving some leads as it is not by Google

Last edited by clevermax : 15th December 2011 at 23:50.
clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2011, 07:47   #7040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
For one, my strong belief is that Sony knows how to make camera sensors better than most people.

apps - buy the daily deals going on android market and read up here.
Thanks Phamilyman, for one i see so many apps in Andriod Market, i really don't want to keep going on loading on then un-installing.

If you have tried out apps, can you make a list of your fav apps.

One app which i am really looking for is.
1) Music Player, some how the one on Sii is very bland. (My P1i had awesome app) Something similar will be nice.

Help!!! My phone hanged for the 3rd time, again while taking photo... Once i take a pic, it saves but i cant take the second pic... Its annoying. What could be the reason. Is there any upgrade? currently running - Gingerbread.XWKJ2..

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
hi all,which phone is better between the sony xperia arc (now costs only 23k) and sgs2 (29k).

I was surprised to see the rate of sony coming down to 23k !!! i am tempted to go for a arc @ 23k than Sansung galaxy plus @ 20k

Suggestions please
Hey Josh,

Sony Xperia Arc is an awesome phone.

I had 3 phones in Mind. 1) Xperia 2) Sii 3) Sensation XL. And all my previous phones have all been Sony...

The biggest let down of Xperia Arc is the feel in Hand.
The biggest let down of the sensation is its bulkiness. (Just cant accept it after seeing Xperia and Sii)

And these are the main reason i dropped them both.

Rest assured if you buy any of the three & you will not regret it.

Few Positives of Xperia -
Has the best Camera,
Best Music Player and UI
The most sleekest design.
While the single core is good and as fast as the sii. I never felt any lag.
The Display is second best only to Sii and not by a long way. Infact out door it seems better than Sii.

Though the draw back of Xperia is that it has a very flimsy feel when you hold in hand,
The UI is not very attractive or smart when compared to Sii & Sensation.

Not sure of the battery though.

Hope the above info is useful.

Mods:- Two separate posts as it was regarding two completely different Points.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please
use "Multi Quote" option in this case. No need for a separate post.

Last edited by n_aditya : 16th December 2011 at 11:08. Reason: posts merged
Old 16th December 2011, 10:42   #7041
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
a. call me. this needs detail
PS: Call Backup & Restore / SMS Backup & Restore are MUST-HAVE apps boss. as is titanium backup.
Hitanshu - Thanks for the guidance yesterday. The Exit Plan worked. Now, I have Titanium Backup installed, and taking few other steps to manage these better.
Old 16th December 2011, 15:01   #7042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post

Suggestions please
Buy xperia and also check if you can unlock bootloader (not all xperias can unlock bootloader) and root it, the ui can be made as good as any other phone and i feel 23K is more, friend of mine picked it up for 19 or 20K, check for discounts
Old 16th December 2011, 17:04   #7043
BHPian

Strange problem with Galaxy i9000 and Vodafone SIM

The problem that I'm facing is such that I may find it hard to describe it properly. Kindly bear with me as I would like to provide as much detail as possible.

Primary Phone: Samsung Galaxy S i9000(UK-unlocked)
Operator: Vodafone Karnataka (Since August'11)
Standby phone : Nokia N81

Background: 4 days ago, my Galaxy i9000's battery died, because of which I had to move to my Nokia. Do note that during this time, the i9000 was still in use without a SIM to check mail etc through wi-fi. The battery got delivered yesterday and I inserted the new one into the i9000.

The problem: The i9000 could not connect to the network. I could not make calls or send messages. In short, the i9000 and the vodafone SIM did not get along well, despite having been in use since August this year. Do note that, the Vodafone SIM works perfectly in the Nokia. Also, the i9000 works fine with any SIM but the Vodafone one.

Troubleshooting: I did the usual turn off/on and reset sim, but in vain. After several attempts, I blew my fuse and did a factory reset, in vain again. I paid a visit to the Vodafone store and got a replacement SIM issued. This did not change things and the problem has not gone away.

I would really appreciate if any of you can help me with this problem.
Old 16th December 2011, 20:09   #7044
BHPian

i had registered my email ID at Galaxy Nexus for updates on Galaxy Nexus launch in India and few hours ago I got an email with title "Introducing Galaxy Nexus". Does that mean Galaxy Nexus has officially been launched in India? I could not find any related information on web. Any idea?
Old 17th December 2011, 01:39   #7045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58
i had registered my email ID at Galaxy Nexus for updates on Galaxy Nexus launch in India and few hours ago I got an email with title "Introducing Galaxy Nexus". Does that mean Galaxy Nexus has officially been launched in India? I could not find any related information on web. Any idea?
Galaxy nexus launching in India in January last week.

gsmarena.com/the_galaxy_nexus_launches_india_in_the_last_week_o f_january-news-3531.php
Old 17th December 2011, 03:15   #7046
Senior - BHPian

I have a mytouch by LG. Model number is E739. Its running Gingerbread. While it is a pretty good phone, something is bothering me.

Question: Is there any way to sync it with Outlook (Contacts, calender, to-do list, events)?

The only free option i can see is using Google Apps Sync which does it over the cloud. It doesn't even work properly. What are my other options?

If required, i can pay for the app to if it does everything good.
Old 17th December 2011, 05:29   #7047
TOR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post

Its coming in the last week of January-see here.
Old 17th December 2011, 09:42   #7048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle
I have a mytouch by LG. Model number is E739. Its running Gingerbread. While it is a pretty good phone, something is bothering me.

Question: Is there any way to sync it with Outlook (Contacts, calender, to-do list, events)?

The only free option i can see is using Google Apps Sync which does it over the cloud. It doesn't even work properly. What are my other options?

If required, i can pay for the app to if it does everything good.
I use this software called Android Sync Manager. You need to have your laptop / pc and the.phone in the same network and you can use this software to sync your data wirelessly.

It will ask you to download a software on your computer too. Takes about 10 mins in total for setting it up.
h@r$h@l is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2011, 10:14   #7049
Senior - BHPian

I am also looking for a better option for sync with Android. Goole sync is not able to take all my events. Cloud option is the only option for me since my laptop is in office network.
Old 17th December 2011, 14:30   #7050
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
Buy xperia and also check if you can unlock bootloader (not all xperias can unlock bootloader) and root it, the ui can be made as good as any other phone and i feel 23K is more, friend of mine picked it up for 19 or 20K, check for discounts
I really do not understand what is a bootloader :-( , i didnt understand the tech terms in this forum at all SORRY !

Can you explain me in simple terms? please

Most Viewed