Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2012, 15:20   #7621
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
14.8k in ebay(brand new),16.7k in Adexmart, 16.9k in yebhi.com. pls check.
Thanks for the information. I always don't understand the ebay pricing. For same product why there are so many pricing. In the case of neo V there are various price quotes from 14.8k to 20k. Why is it so.
Old 3rd February 2012, 15:38   #7622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Android, on the other hand, handles it in a much better way - suppose an app wants to send an e-mail but it is not its primary functionality. It raises that intent - the system then calls out, 'hey, who can send an e-mail for this app?' The apps that has a listener for this specific intent can raise their hands, and user is presented with an option to use whichever app they want to use to send the e-mail. The user can also set one as default. This is great, as it is versatile; tomorrow when you install a new e-mail app, the app who wants to send e-mail can make use of the new e-mail app's capabilities as well.
Absolutely agree on that. BUT you miss the perspective.

Pick up the lumia or the omnia W - see how the preloaded stuff integrates (with everything from FB to twitter to linkedin to gmail etc) very nicely and homogenously. Android may possibly be more powerful - i'm not disputing that.

But you had to install viber na? The average user's out of the box experience (or with all the clutter in the app store) means that he doesnt get as snazzy an integrated experience OUT of the box.
Old 3rd February 2012, 15:52   #7623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007

Thanks for the information. I always don't understand the ebay pricing. For same product why there are so many pricing. In the case of neo V there are various price quotes from 14.8k to 20k. Why is it so.
In case of ebay, there are many dealers who sells. We dont know how this dealer who sells neo v for 14.8k has sourced the product.
HighOctane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 17:59   #7624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
In case of ebay, there are many dealers who sells. We dont know how this dealer who sells neo v for 14.8k has sourced the product.
But is it safe to buy in such a way. If at all something goes wrong, then ebay will be responsible isn't it??. Is it normally recommended to buy this way. Why i am asking this question is that i normally buy from Flipkart.com only and till today all the products are fine.I have no ideas about ebay.

Thanks in advance
Old 3rd February 2012, 19:39   #7625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007

But is it safe to buy in such a way. If at all something goes wrong, then ebay will be responsible isn't it??. Is it normally recommended to buy this way. Why i am asking this question is that i normally buy from Flipkart.com only and till today all the products are fine.I have no ideas about ebay.

Thanks in advance
Please read terms & conditions of ebay. Ebay does not take any responsibilites. I have seen some duplicate chineese earphones are sold in the name of reputed companies. Whereas Flipcart is the best online retailer in India, almost all the feedback are positive
Old 3rd February 2012, 20:03   #7626
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Absolutely agree on that. BUT you miss the perspective.

Pick up the lumia or the omnia W - see how the preloaded stuff integrates (with everything from FB to twitter to linkedin to gmail etc) very nicely and homogenously. Android may possibly be more powerful - i'm not disputing that.

But you had to install viber na? The average user's out of the box experience (or with all the clutter in the app store) means that he doesnt get as snazzy an integrated experience OUT of the box.

I believe Android ICS 4.0 will provide a better and more seamless Integration than the current versions - one of its main enhancements is supposedly better UI and apps integration.

--Ragul
Old 3rd February 2012, 21:14   #7627
BHPian

Quote:
Yes motorola sells lesser than Sammy etc, esp in India, but they have a decent lineup, sell okay (and are now a google company!). That said, any mfr can have issues - there are many samsung users who've had hardware issues as well (a couple of pages back someone mentioned he'd given in his S2 for replacement of sthg, a good friend had his SGSL motherboard replaced). that said, atleast on this thread havent heard of any hardware issues on motorola phones at all.

and frankly, all A.S.S will have the same clueless monkeys - hardly 2-5% of the time one needs to go there. Its not a pentax vs canon thing - the phone is pretty good esp if you are outdoors a lot (given pune rains).

otherwise dualcore phones are starting 19-20k. Future proof investment I say - no point stopping at a 17k device in that case.
I am not buying the phone but its for my Sis. So she is not a crazy user of stuff. She wants an android or a windows mobile too.Any windows mobile options?

Anvancy
Old 3rd February 2012, 21:47   #7628
BANNED

which model do i buy?

Hi all i am yet to decide on a android phone,please help me choose one from the list i am attaching.initially thought of s2 but i feel it is useless for my kind of usage.

I need a fast phone with good camera and do let me know why you are suggesting a particular model

I am predominantly looking for choice between Galaxy S,Galaxy R and Galaxy S plus

Thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by joshguy : 3rd February 2012 at 21:50.
Old 3rd February 2012, 22:39   #7629
Senior - BHPian

Anvancy/joshguy - Galaxy R. Zimbly brilliant.
Old 3rd February 2012, 23:28   #7630
BHPian

Quote:
Anvancy/joshguy - Galaxy R. Zimbly brilliant.
As per the local store guy, Galaxy R will be discontinued soon (or already has). It ain't available online either.
Old 4th February 2012, 00:00   #7631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83

As per the local store guy, Galaxy R will be discontinued soon (or already has). It ain't available online either.
If Samsung discontined Galaxy R, then they would have not officially anounced Icecream sandwich update for Galaxy R during coming March. I dont think they would have stopped this model. Why should they?
Other models getting ICS update are Note and SG S2. No update for Galaxy S, S LCD or S plus. Nexus already has ICS.
Old 4th February 2012, 00:10   #7632
Senior - BHPian

HTC says there is a WI-FI security flaw in their android based devices.

HTC acknowledges long-running WiFi security flaw, says it deliberately kept it quiet -- Engadget

I am not sure if it affects phones in India but please be careful and do use the OTA Fix as soon as available.
chevelle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 06:46   #7633
BANNED

Just got my Wildfire S to replace the Samsung I5510 which proved to be too expensive to repair. Quite happy with it, seems a lot faster. Had a pain, as usual,finding BSNL settings for data.
Old 4th February 2012, 08:26   #7634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane

If Samsung discontined Galaxy R, then they would have not officially anounced Icecream sandwich update for Galaxy R during coming March. I dont think they would have stopped this model. Why should they?
Other models getting ICS update are Note and SG S2. No update for Galaxy S, S LCD or S plus. Nexus already has ICS.
Yeah. Samsung is fooling people by flooding the market with many galaxy devices and most of them don't have am update to ICS. Alas
My next phone is definitely a nexus.
Old 4th February 2012, 08:36   #7635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle
HTC says there is a WI-FI security flaw in their android based devices.

HTC acknowledges long-running WiFi security flaw, says it deliberately kept it quiet -- Engadget

I am not sure if it affects phones in India but please be careful and do use the OTA Fix as soon as available.
Hope custom firmware users do.not have this issue.. But need to check whether they provided any new radio for my device

Most Viewed