Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2012, 14:29   #7711
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
Guys, just read in newspaper that Letsbuy is officially bought by Flipkart. May be its an old news, but still felt like sharing here.
Now lets see if Flipkart lowers it prices or may be offers the discount coupon options.
Any one tried ICS on defy yet?
Expect Flipkart to transform them into a pricier but better and more efficient business. Letsbuy's below par customer service was one of its biggest drawbacks.

The discount voucher business of Letsbuy virtually forced this sale. Letsbuy wasnt making any money trying to gain market share and the founders ran out of whatever venture capital investment that was made.
They were apparently looking for around 80million but with not much interest from potential buyers and left with no other choice, settled for around 1/4th of it.
athul_S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2012, 18:57   #7712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
Anyone pls? Is idea blade a good choice? Whats the RAM in it? Is it possible to use xcd35/ blade custom roms on it?

I am considering it as a spare phone. Or should I consider BB Curve?
Its still available on ebay

http://www.ebay.in/itm/ws/eBayISAPI....#ht_4440wt_989

Yes the roms can be used on the idea blade. but i'm not sure about the amount of RAM. Dell XCD35 has 512
Old 10th February 2012, 19:52   #7713
BHPian

Hello Friends,

I'm in the market for a new Android phone for myself. My budget is around 17K. I have narrowed my search down to Galaxy SL and Nexus S (Friend of mine is traveling to US soon, so he can get it for me from there).

-ve points for Galaxy SL

No LED flash for camera
SLCD screen vs SAMOLED screen of Nexus
Less custom ROMs and less frequently updated officially too

-ve points for Nexus S

Only 720x480 video recording vs 720p recording of SL
Slightly smaller battery at 1500mAh vs 1650mAh of SL

I'm looking at this Nexus S on Amazon and hoping that it will work in India (any ideas?)

Amazon.com: Samsung GT - i9020 Google Nexus S - Unlocked Phone - US Warranty (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Help me decide on this. Let me know if I should consider some other phones also (not more than 17.5K).
Old 10th February 2012, 20:36   #7714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Hello Friends,

I'm in the market for a new Android phone for myself. My budget is around 17K. I have narrowed my search down to Galaxy SL and Nexus S (Friend of mine is traveling to US soon, so he can get it for me from there).

-ve points for Galaxy SL

No LED flash for camera

-ve points for Nexus S

I'm looking at this Nexus S on Amazon and hoping that it will work in India (any ideas?)

Amazon.com: Samsung GT - i9020 Google Nexus S - Unlocked Phone - US Warranty (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Help me decide on this. Let me know if I should consider some other phones also (not more than 17.5K).

Future - proof yourself with a dual core phone. here are two within your budget

Amazon.com: Motorola Atrix Unlocked 4G Cell Phone with Android 2.2 OS. 4-inch HD touchscreen: Cell Phones & Accessories

http://www.amazon.com/LG-P990EUBLK-S...8886034&sr=1-3

Make sure its a GSM "unlocked" phone and it will work here in India. (though CDMA non-contract phones work too if you're willing to port over to an Indian CDMA carrier)

MAKE SURE that you dont buy a T-mobile branded or a Tmobile variant of the phone you wish to buy.If you do 3G wont work here in India
Old 10th February 2012, 21:57   #7715
BANNED

Finally chrome on my phone too. Its amazingly easy to use and fast. Now I can sync all my PC bookmarks to phone as well.

Name:  ForumRunner_20120210_215557.png
Views: 438
Size:  196.8 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120210_215617.png
Views: 414
Size:  172.6 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120210_215630.png
Views: 390
Size:  139.3 KB
Old 10th February 2012, 23:26   #7716

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac

I think now the Dell XCD35 is not available at retailers. As they claims that the production is now stopped.

However, Idea blade is available on order basis (though same phone, not sure about RAM size). The best price qouted was 7300 rs. With idea 3G benefit. However, one retailer cliamed that we have to unlock itbto use other SIM.
Any user here with idea blade? How is the scheme? What is the stock RAM (256 or 512 mb?)& firmware?
Got the idea blade yesterday and its definitely not locked to idea network. been using it with docomo sim and works perfectly. also, got it off the shelf here in pune (no preorder). not sure about the ram though, have to check.
Old 11th February 2012, 00:00   #7717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Finally chrome on my phone too. Its amazingly easy to use and fast. Now I can sync all my PC bookmarks to phone as well.
I've been using Opera Mobile on my SII and I have all my desktop bookmarks, speed dials and passwords already on my mobile. And it runs on all Android versions, not just ICS and is very fast too and has the best tab management of all mobile browsers IMO.
Old 11th February 2012, 00:24   #7718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi
Hello Friends,

-ve points for Galaxy SL

No LED flash for camera

-ve points for Nexus S

I would suggest you to have a look at Sony Ericsson Neo V and LG Optimus 2 which comes in your budget and those are among best single core android smart phones. Neo V will get official ICS update which is future proof and LG can have ICS from devs.
Not sure on unlocked Nexus with warranty, Usually I dont frust ebay dealers and ebay does not take any responsibility on transactions.
Old 11th February 2012, 01:09   #7719
BHPian

Guys I am facing a small issue on my SGS2. I transferred a video file(.mkv format) to my phone from my laptop via Bluetooth. I am able to open the file but there is no sound coming? However when I connect my earphones, the audio is audible. Is this strange? I have just tried a .mkv file for now. I will try normal .avi files too. The video is butter smooth but not sure why the audio is not visible. I am on GB 2.3.6. Please advice if this issue can be resolved.
Old 11th February 2012, 01:30   #7720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
Please read terms & conditions of ebay. Ebay does not take any responsibilites. I have seen some duplicate chineese earphones are sold in the name of reputed companies. Whereas Flipcart is the best online retailer in India, almost all the feedback are positive
Thats not a very fair statement. eBay has buyer protection mechanisms. Personally, I have disputed a few times, and eBay has always ruled in my favor. They can be slow at it, but it gets done eventually. As for duplicates and stuff, that can happen, but as mentioned there are remedies against it, but you gotta know how to deal with it. If you don't want to take the risk, then there is of course Flipkart with its excellent service and 30 day replacement guarantee and all inclusive price (esp. Octroi). But that comes at a price - you can usually get stuff cheaper from eBay, esp., with deals and coupons. Choice is yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
I brought Sony Ericsson xperia neo v, at 17.5 k from local shop. The phone is simply amazing, best value for money phone. Great display, perfect screen size for my requirement, amazing Facebook integration, and I like this Sony UI, even battery is acceptable. Cam is also good with almost digi cam like features. And best part is HDMI out and it works perfect. Am not crazy for games but tried few games and works perfect.
Those who are in hunt for a mid range Android have a look at this model, and white looks classy in real.
Also this phone will get Ice cream sanwitch update in March.:-)
Do you have any issues with the Wifi... esp. the range?
Old 11th February 2012, 01:34   #7721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gour.vijay

Got the idea blade yesterday and its definitely not locked to idea network. been using it with docomo sim and works perfectly. also, got it off the shelf here in pune (no preorder). not sure about the ram though, have to check.
Thanks for the reply. Here also very few retailers are keeping the stocks. BTW, how is the overall speed of the phone & is there really NY overheating issue?
At what price you got it? Please let us know the ram as well. TIA
Old 11th February 2012, 05:15   #7722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane
I would suggest you to have a look at Sony Ericsson Neo V and LG Optimus 2 which comes in your budget and those are among best single core android smart phones. Neo V will get official ICS update which is future proof and LG can have ICS from devs.
Not sure on unlocked Nexus with warranty, Usually I dont frust ebay dealers and ebay does not take any responsibility on transactions.
Hi,

You can also look at HTC inspire 4G. It is around 18k if bought via amazon and has excellent features. I'm personally a fan of SGS2 but I have also preferred this phone for my dad.
Old 11th February 2012, 12:26   #7723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon
Bro where did you install it from? Can't find it on the market

Edit it is only available for ICS

Last edited by F150 : 11th February 2012 at 12:30.
Old 11th February 2012, 13:37   #7724
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Rooting made easy !!

I have tried the unlockroot tool on my Nexus S Gingerbread 2.3.6 earlier and it was rooted without any problems. All the data were safe. But it failed to root again after updating to ICS 4.0.3

The program is simple and easy to use.

unlockroot

Device List which it supports (as claimed)
Now this program is updated and i have rooted my Nexus S 4.0.3 ICS with ease without loosing any data and settings.
Old 11th February 2012, 14:03   #7725
Senior - BHPian

I bought HTC Sensation XE. It supports HDMI through mobile high link (MHL) cable. Anyone has used this cable? I want to know the performance of it before buying since its expensive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks